Khabib says he is fighting Tony Ferguson on UFC 209 for Interim LW title

Everybody gets an interim belt

wIWBlp.gif

the UFC refusing to do 5 round, non-title fights as PPV main events is completely retarded. interim title is bullshit and nobody is gonna buy the PPV because its a title fight. I don't wanna be one of those people, but I hope these PPVs bomb so that the UFC realizes this is a terrible idea.
Agreed, if it's a big fight it should be 5 rounds no matter where it's placed on the card.

Why would it be for an interim? Did they make a non title bout between diaz and conor official or something??

I'm definitely not salty. I just don't see the point in the interim title. Why does it need to be for a belt? I like Conor but i'm not one of the Conor nut riders. but he has earned more than anyone in UFC history and he just won the belt a month ago. He might be gone until next summer but there's no guarantee. He could easily decide to fight before then. He loves fighting. He loves money.
So the fact that HE said he isn't fighting isn't even enough for you

I would get the beef if he had never said anything for sure, but he created this. So I don't get why you as a fan would say otherwise when even he has admitted he isn't going to fight

Interim title means more money for the winner. You phags should be happy

The UFC'S ranking system is a joke. Guys and girls get undeserved title shots all the time. It isn't right, but it did not start with Conor.
You guys keep trying to omit important parts of the story. The Nate fight was supposed to be the 155 fight with RDA. It wasn't a normal circumstance. It isn't comparable to other fighters wanting to avenge losses. Conor took a short notice fight at a higher weight class just to keep the show going. What other champ would have done that? The UFC gave him his rematch because of what he was doing and bringing to the company. He's not getting favoritism because he winks at Dana and gave Lorenzo nice shoulder massages , hes getting it because he's doing things that other fighters dont do.

He would not have been able to challenge for the 155 title right after a loss to Nate.
And if he does lose his first fight back and gets a rematch...how would that be any different from how the UFC does things now ? With the exception of Aldo, every damn body gets rematches. The way the UFC is run in your guys heads, and the way it's actually run are not the same
lol conor had a full camp, hes stated many times before he doesnt change a camp depending on who he is fighting. The only person who was at a disadvantage for the first fight was nate coming off a trip to cabo, lots of guys in conors shoes would have fought a guy that had no camp. Npo one moved up in weight in 11 days that it got changed he just didnt need to starve himself to make the 155 limit. Sooo many other fighters take late replacement fights and dont get rewarded with instant rematches when its a pointless fight that holds up an entire division lol. You my friend are completely wrong here.

So will it actually be for the interim title? McGregor takes a ~6 months break and now they have to create an interim belt? I get that Pettis/Holloway was for the interim belt in order to save the card, but why the F would you create an interim belt for an event in March? Makes no sense.

So will it actually be for the interim title? McGregor takes a ~6 months break and now they have to create an interim belt? I get that Pettis/Holloway was for the interim belt in order to save the card, but why the F would you create an interim belt for an event in March? Makes no sense.

Have you been sleeping? The 6 months is 10 months now.

Isn't "Russians" from Brighton Beach is actually Jewish people from USSR? You really think that they will be rooting for Muslim from Dagestan (who is a friend of some royal prince from Bahrain)? And you know, some people in Russia think that Khabib speak in English better than in Russian (Russian is not his first language).

sure, but Russian standards, Khabib is not really Russian, but there are plenty of Russians from all around the former Soviet Union in Brooklyn (Russia, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, etc.) who would all rally around Khabib because he's still a Russian by immigration standards.

Interim belt actually makes sense here, since Conor is having a kid and taking time away

2E9ED8BC00000578-3326505-image-a-74_1447998086120.jpg

you get an interim title! you get an interim title too! everyone gets an interim title!

is bernie sanders the president of wme?

interim sounds shit but guess this is the only way to force Conor to fight against the winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back