Khabib says he is fighting Tony Ferguson on UFC 209 for Interim LW title

I'm not excited about this one for some reason. And interim is the new title eliminator?? How long has it been since he won the damn thing? They already took the 145 strap so he is surely taking his next fight at 155.
Can't it just be a five round title eliminator?

The reason they make more belts is to sell the fight to people who do not follow the sport as much. Also you can make a champ vs champ fight afterwards it is just to sell the card more nothing else.

The reason they make more belts is to sell the fight to people who do not follow the sport as much. Also you can make a champ vs champ fight afterwards it is just to sell the card more nothing else.
Ok. Well either way, title "eliminator" or "interim" this fight doesn't excited me. I suppose it shows us who is better between the 2 but that doesn't excite me either. Doesn't seem like an exciting fight.
I hope I'm wrong.

Is LEL spanish for "I'm a cunt?"

because it should be

Khabib spoiled that a couple weeks ago saying he was in negotiationz about that & the winner gets conor at international fight week.

Pretty silly creating an interim belt for a belt just won last month... lol...

I guess now everone who winz a top contender spot gets an interim belt. o_O

UFC trying to find a reason to make it a five rounder. What a joke.

All these so-called "world champions" in MMA make the title landscape in boxing look crystal clear.

silly. this fight should be at UFC 208 in Brooklyn. Brighton Beach has the largest Russian population in the US. Khabib has huge following there and could pack the arena after that performance at UFC 205 at MSG.

Add this fight, Aldo vs. Holloway, and Weidman vs. Whittaker and UFC 208 will be blockbuster.
Isn't "Russians" from Brighton Beach is actually Jewish people from USSR? You really think that they will be rooting for Muslim from Dagestan (who is a friend of some royal prince from Bahrain)? And you know, some people in Russia think that Khabib speak in English better than in Russian (Russian is not his first language).

So Conor becomes 2 weight champ and the UFC creates 2 interim belts.

This is most likely because Tony is demanding 5 rounds, and the only way to make it 5 rounds in a PPV is for a title to be on the line, it's a farce though...

The new owners are off to a very bad start.
main events are 5 rounds since like 2011 this fight could still be 5 rounds if they make it the main event. or here's something crazy: the UFC can make any fight they want 5 rounds, as long as the AC clears it. the UFC wants to make sure every PPV has a title, no matter how cheap or bullshit it is. Great fight, terrible idea to make it an interim title.

Isn't "Russians" from Brighton Beach is actually Jewish people from USSR? You really think that they will be rooting for Muslim from Dagestan (who is a friend of some royal prince from Bahrain)? And you know, some people in Russia think that Khabib speak in English better than in Russian (Russian is not his first language).

Having been from New York, I can tell you one thing pan-nationalism among Russians is strong. My coworkers were Jewish, and she was a boxing fan, religion didn't matter whether it was someone from Kazakhstan, Russia, Uzbekistan or wherever. Now if we're talking about Israeli-Russians that might be a different story.

The UFC is a mess at the moment with all this interim shit.

main events are 5 rounds since like 2011 this fight could still be 5 rounds if they make it the main event. or here's something crazy: the UFC can make any fight they want 5 rounds, as long as the AC clears it. the UFC wants to make sure every PPV has a title, no matter how cheap or bullshit it is. Great fight, terrible idea to make it an interim title.
Yeah, but it's too big a fight to headline a fight night, and unless it's for a belt it won't headline a PPV card so a fake belt it is.

Yeah, but it's too big a fight to headline a fight night, and unless it's for a belt it won't headline a PPV card so a fake belt it is.
the UFC refusing to do 5 round, non-title fights as PPV main events is completely retarded. interim title is bullshit and nobody is gonna buy the PPV because its a title fight. I don't wanna be one of those people, but I hope these PPVs bomb so that the UFC realizes this is a terrible idea.

Back