Khabib says he is fighting Tony Ferguson on UFC 209 for Interim LW title

how bizarre that eddie vs conor was for the "real" belt while khabib vs tony is for the interim...

So if connor beats who ever ? Does that person instantly become a can? Not really trying to piss anyone off more curious than anything

The best way to predict future behavior is to analize past behavior. Conor never defended his other 3 belts, so why would anyone believe this time it will be different?

Lol, if I had a nickel for every time some new upstart tried to take my DAMN GOAT mantle, I'd have that Anderson Silva money. This whole DAMN site knows who the king is! GOAT GUERNICA has no equal and the other noobs are so far behind that a second place isn't even worth mentioning. Calm your heart my son. Teh GOAT is going no where!

#GUERNICAbless

You know a champ is a joke when interim titles pops out before he defends it.
I like how all you haters ALWAYS blame the fighter, aka, the employee , and not the damn company that makes all of the decisions. Letting Conor fight for 2 belts simultaneously, and then taking one away 2 weeks after he wins it was stupid. Making a 145 women's division without the 145lb champion is stupid. Making random ass interim title belts is stupid.
Even if Conor wasn't taking a break , Khabib and Tony should be fighting for the #1 spot. Khabib was not owed an immediate title shot. He and Tony should have had a regular ass 5 round main event title eliminator match.

I don't want this fight personally. I'd rather see Ferguson get the title shot. And if Khabib can beat Dennis Siver he gets the next title shot.

90% means nothing

has to be signed

but i do really hope they get it done, both guys really are #1 contenders

Good fight, but I am tired of this interim title shit - especially the whole later on people who held an interim title being called a 'former UFC champion'

The more and more WME-IMG's changes become apparent, the more I am losing interest in the UFC. I will always support the fighters but the format is becoming pure shit. Thanks Dana & Fertittas for selling to people who don't give a shit about the sport

90% as in as long as he doesn't pull out. There's a 10% chance he will pull out due to injury.

Personally, I think it's higher but whatever

The only logical explanation: Floyd vs Conor is happening and they take his belt away.

I actually LOVE this fight.

Should be a fockin WAR.

giphy.gif
Me too man. I really hope its actually happen, will be a EPIC fight. Who you got?. I'm feeling Ferguson..

Khabib says it is done for 90%, fight is on March 4 on UFC 209 in Las Vegas for Interim Lightweight Title.

Source: Sportbox.ru

silly. this fight should be at UFC 208 in Brooklyn. Brighton Beach has the largest Russian population in the US. Khabib has huge following there and could pack the arena after that performance at UFC 205 at MSG.

Add this fight, Aldo vs. Holloway, and Weidman vs. Whittaker and UFC 208 will be blockbuster.

hope it happens!!
love this fight
Tony is very tough with a lot of dangerous tools
can't wait to see him clash
with the meat grinder that is Khabib!

Conor has now had to have 3 interim titles created. He's creating more new jobs than Donald Trump.

I think Cucuy may get it as well, via being more diverse. These guys are both beasts though.
Yeah thats what I was thinking too, he is so creative and has many ways to win. I was thinking if its a 3 round fight its better for Khabib and 5 round fight its better for Ferguson. Because I think Khabib to win its more likely a decision. Fergusons chin is amazing and he ain't getting submitted, he is super slick on the ground. I think he will choke Khabib out in later rounds maybe..

Back