Khabib says he is fighting Tony Ferguson on UFC 209 for Interim LW title

Ridiculous.

Welcome to the new UFC, where you have to win the interim belt to get the next title shot.

lol this

I was all about Conor getting stripped of the FW title but why would there need to be a LW interim title? It's a number one contender fight FFS.

Hi Sherdog, xFeeLPaiN GOAT P4P #1 Poster here

Khabib might fight tony on ufc 209

#XFEELPAINBLESS

You all waste time arguing about MMA fights on a forum. If you want to be the best poster so bad then you may as well go win the special olympics as well. Congratulations.

You get a belt, and YOU get a belt, anddd... ohhhhh, you in the back there! Yes, my friend...YOU also get a belt!

<18><18><18>

You know a champ is a joke when interim titles pops out before he defends it.

Khabib says it is done for 90%, fight is on March 4 on UFC 209 in Las Vegas for Interim Lightweight Title.

Source: Sportbox.ru

Three likely scenarios for this outcome:

1. Conor doesnt return to LW, winner eventually becomes undisputed champ.

2. Conor fights the winner after a long lay-off, loses, and either gets an immediate rematch because of ring rust or retires on loss.

3. Upon Conor's unlikely return to LW, he somehow manages to win and retires one of the GOATS
or moves up to an immediate WW Title Shot if the current WW Champ is tailored to his style and size.

im seriously starting to dislike the WME era already.

Ridiculous.

Welcome to the new UFC, where you have to win the interim belt to get the next title shot.
Only if it's against Connor, and then you eventually become champion because he refuses to defend the belt anyway.

Khabib says it is done for 90%, fight is on March 4 on UFC 209 in Las Vegas for Interim Lightweight Title.

Source: Sportbox.ru

It's actually for the Intercontinental Lightweight Title.

Isn't this just interim so it can get to be five rounds as a co-main event? Cause if that ends up being the case no need to complain lol. Fight should be five rounds!

I've already said if they fight, it'll be for the interim. The UFC doesn't have much choice.

Look who the champion is. EVERYBODY knows he will NEVER defend that belt. So it's best to have a line of succession in place. Instead of just having a vacant title.

Until Dana confirms it, and then denies it and then confirms it again, its not true.

These interim belts have to stop unless completely warranted. But it seems like WME is using it as away to cool a situation between fighters and the promotion or use it to try to bring eyes to an event.

In this case there is no reason for an interim belt. They knew he was taking some time off to have a baby. Though I won't doubt this is just UFC/WME's way of saying the world goes on with out you Conor. Just another move in the Conor vs UFC power struggle.

I hope the fight happening is true but the interim title is a fucking joke.

Under most circumstances I would agree, but based on mcgregor's antics (taking paternity leave 6 months before his girlfriend is even going to deliver, picking and choosing his opponents, leaving a division high and dry to fight nate twice, etc) it makes sense. If he pulls that shit again, they can strip him like they did at fw.

and when Khabib beats Ferguson, sherdoggers will still say he doesn't deserve a title shot..

I can see it all now: khabib beats tony, Aldo beats holloway, both want a fight vs mcgregor, mcgregor and his nut huggers say that aldo and khabib should fight each other first, then maybe he will face the winner.

Last edited:
May as well put Aldo/Holloway on this card well, they both have fake belts too. Now after they fight, the belt will be real, since it was stripped/vacated in the first place...

Back