News Khabib responds to Danas claims Conor is next

S4rtzv4ooj9R6VTfiB52TQDPHH4lJce7THAro0UCUMcSWEgvV-By7yZT-iKRRHPj1-QrW3v3NlEfxDE=s640-nd

And he is right. Beating Cowboy at 170 and you get a title shot at both LW and WW? Fuck off with that WWE nonsense.

<31>

He can be as right as he wants, we both know it is utter BS.
He might get Conor to fight once at LW, but I doubt the UFC would allow any more than that (even that is a stretch).

I am sure the UFC would rather take the belt from Khabib for refusing to fight and put it for grabs for Conor and someone THEY deem worthy (i.e. DIaz).

...and people would still watch and pay for it.

Conor has made mistakes, like a real person does. His struggles can inspire people to improve themselves. I like this new respectful Conor that we are seeing these days.

Khabib on the other hand is over the top with his righteousness. Conor has brought more attention and $ to the sport than any other fighter period. He deserves a rematch based on that alone. Why would Khabib duck Conor now if he's so unaccomplished and easy to beat? Wouldn't it be an easy pay day for him? Some say it's not about money, but Khabib's dad has already put a price on the fight if I'm not mistaken. If Khabib beats Conor again there would be no more noise of a rematch in the future. So why not Khabib? Make your point of how pathetic Conor is by beating him again, and give the money to your dad.

Lost all respect I had for Khabib. Biggest duck in history of UFC they should cut him nobody wants to see him anyways unless he is fighting against Conor

i would 100x rather see him vs Tony and gaethje.

...I am sure the UFC would rather take the belt from Khabib for refusing to fight and put it for grabs for Conor and someone THEY deem worthy (i.e. DIaz).
...and *casuals would still watch and pay for it.

*fixed

It would be OK with me if Khabib took his belt back to Dakestan or where ever he's from, and was never heard from again. He is probably the best LW ever, but I don't like him or his fighting style and wouldn't miss him one bit.:cool:

We all know Khabib wouldn't go up in weight and give all advantages away vs say an Usman..

So who else is he going to fight after Tony? People really interested in Khabib vs Gathje a guy who got starched by Alvarez/Porier not long ago
Conor got choked out by nate. What's your point? Every fight is different buddeh. Gaethje got fucked up by Eddie and Dustin. So what? Besides he's taken a newer, smarter approach and the results speak for themselves. The conor rematch is so regressive. It's the same shit all over again but much quicker this time round. Gaethje hasn't been in a boring fight, packs heat, has d1 wrestling, hard to hold down, we're guaranteed an exciting scrap, regardless of the outcome or even how long it lasts. I don't see any issue with the fight honestly.

Khabib shouldn't over play his hand, the UFC will eventually strip him of the belt if he refuses the fight or keeps asking for £100m
No biggie, he can just claim whoever inherits the belt isn't the real champ as he never lost it. The same way conor did.

actually, denying fights will not get him what he wants. Yes khabib can be a prima donna, but it will not make him the shot caller. If he sits on the sidelines waiting for too long, Dana can just create an interim belt and force him to defend or vacate. Khabib has ZERO power in this situation, he can simply wait and hope he doesn't get stripped for sitting out. The only real fight to make before Conor is Gaethje, after that Conor is really the only option.

Justin or Tony, if Khabib beats him, are two fights Connie could take before a Khabib rematch. And you’re dead wrong about fighters having zero power. Fighters often disagree with Dana’s bullshit matchmaking, especially when they’re champs, and Dana has to figure out something else. Khabib will likely look for a superfight if he beats Tony.

No biggie, he can just claim whoever inherits the belt isn't the real champ as he never lost it. The same way conor did.
Yeah, but it won't work, just like it didn't work for Conor.

From a negotiation standpoint, it is fascinating. Dana has never stripped a healthy champion for refusing a fight, and I'm curious if he ever will pull that 'nuclear option'. Shit, he even managed to negotiate with Couture after Couture tried to take his belt elsewhere.

If he beats Tony, Khabib may not fight again until Fall or maybe even 2021, so sherdoggers have many months to stew on all this lol

Not sure if mentioned but they did strip GDR for refusing to fight Cyborg.

This is from December 13th 2019

After UFC 246 Dana is dead set on it
Nothing really changed since then. Dana himself said Khabib is 50mil+ rich, why would he step on his word. I know Masvidal will wear a tutu to get the money fight but Khabib is not like that at all.

Insane amount of honor...

But if the roles were reversed you'd be bitching about ducking.
Nope.
(a) khabib is not as entitled as conor and would get back to work, trying to work his way back, after being dominated for three rounds and finished in the fourth.
(b) Dana would shut khabib up the same way he literally told Tony to STFU, for calling out conor's unwillingness to defend, so khabib will never have as much support as conor.
(c) Noone would accuse him of ducking, instead this placed would be teeming with KO gifs and stuff.
So no you're wrong about that.

Yeah, but it won't work, just like it didn't work for Conor.
Revisionist history. Conor fanboys wouldn't shut up about "lineal champions" and how khabib wasn't the real champ because he beat al not conor. Please stop lying.

You have no clue what you're talking about. You don't really understand the business of the sport. Khabib is so important to the UFC b/c he is capturing markets the UFC previously had no hold on.
The Russian market watches on the basic Rostelecom TV package, so its not like they are pulling shit loads of money in from Russia. It's not some cash cow, else they would have cards there more often. The middle eastern market also get's the ufc as part of cable package with OSN network. Again, not a giant cash cow. Both of these deals were a result of the increased interest in the regions, which khabib did play a giant role in.

Now khabib was very useful in creating interest in the UFC in these markets, but if Khabib were to leave its not like suddenly these new fans just pack up and leave. Khabib has already said he is retiring soon, so what would happen in four years when he leaves? Does the UFC suddenly lose access to these new markets?

Of course not. Other fighters come in and others leave. The interest may wane at times but that happens even in the United States. Khabib's value as a marketing asset was huge, but lets not pretend like he is a cash cow like conor. His role was to garner interest in these regions and that role is accomplished. He is not untouchable.

Would be amazing if Khabib denies the Conor fight if offered.
It would take an insane amount of honor to refuse so much devil money, something I would never refuse myself, so I would be amazed if that happens.
Some men hold honour above money.
Not saying khabib will, nor implying that I necessarily would. But Khabib already has more money than he will ever need if he's not a complete dumbass. He has made dozens of millions and can make much more without ever fighting again.

Still, some do and I hope Khabib does.

Back