Khabib privilege? How do Dagestanis keep getting these fights?

Did Khabib put the call in to get his brathars these fights?

• Total voters

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
FuMuG8cXsAg5RSb.jpg:large

FwSKnHsWwAIJFSe.jpg:large

Strickland Abus and Costa Aliskerov are 2 of the most random wildest matchmaking in WME UFC history. Literally makes 0 sense.

Abus and Ikram literally have 1 fight in UFC their debut and now they get matched with 2 top 7 MWs in their 2nd fight? Sean and Costa are 2 of the most popular fighters on roster too. It's a complete lose lose situation for both. They have a lot to lose and gain barely anything with wins.

Umar Cory is less egregious.... However Umar has yet to beat a ranked BW, him getting ranked in first place is sus and gets matched with a top 5 staple? Multiple more sensible fights for both.

Hmmm.....

It's more a slap in the face for Costa, they are trying to do him dirty.
As for Umar, I guess you didnt care that much when O'malley got plucked for the bottom of the rankings to fight Yan. Now he could be next in line to fight Sterling and everyone has forgotten how he got there in the first place. Umar is really really good, has a lot of potential, it's time for him to get moved up the rankings and fight names. He doesnt need to fight them right now to prove his worth.

It's more a slap in the face for Costa, they are trying to do him dirty.
As for Umar, I guess you didnt care that much when O'malley got plucked for the bottom of the rankings to fight Yan. Now he could be next in line to fight Sterling and everyone has forgotten how he got there in the first place. Umar is really really good, has a lot of potential, it's time for him to get moved up the rankings and fight names. He doesnt need to fight them right now to prove his worth.

I dunno if it's doing Costa dirty, he's likely to kick Ikram's ass imo.

Probably because people won't fight them so now they're just saying fuck it, we're pushing these guys to the top and it's up to you guys in the rankings to do something about it.

Won't be surprised if Umar and Aliskerov win

Dagestani will dominate and you do nootin about that you had 0 problem about Khamzat or Sean probably

Paulo Costa’s entire resume has 1 win against a currently active fighter, which was Yoel back in 2019 lol. He should be extremely grateful that he’s anywhere close to the top 10, I have no idea how he’s still ranked.

Nobody wants to fight Umar, good for Sandhagen for taking it. UFC should continue to force fights, don’t encourage rank squatting.

It's same as Islam. These guys are so good no one wants to fight them, the UFC is skipping the part where they prove themselves and just go straight to the ranking test. Ironically this was how the UFC used to operate and how guys would get title shots their 3rd UFC fight. Also don't act like vegas odds won't be tight or in their favor.

I think it's more about Ali Abdelaziz than Nurmagomedov
The guy provided them a co-main for the last PPV with Burns vs another guy at the last minute

The Umar Cory fight makes total sense. And shif what a test for both guys trying to get a title fight in the near future. Kinda feel for Cory, he's fought the whose who in the division with razor close decisions not going his way. Now get Umar.
The other two... completely out of left field. It'd make more sense for Costa and Sean to fight. But what do I know

its like making a video content
whats popular now is what theyl make
daghestani fighters are trending in mma right now

I think it's more about Ali Abdelaziz than Nurmagomedov
The guy provided them a co-main for the last PPV with Burns vs another guy at the last minute

No denying that Ali is good at his job.

I think it's a combination of Khabib's influence, having a really good manager (Ali gets shit done, whether you love him or hate him) and a proven track record of their fighters.
The guys coming out of Nurmagomedov School and filtering through AKA and ATT are incredible. They're disproportionately good and quite proven. They're also a lot less likely to have off-the-field issues.
If I were Dana, I'd be going all-in on them. Just like Bellator is trying to poach the best American wrestlers, the UFC needs to scoop as many Dagestanleys (thank you @RockyLockridge ) as they can.

Republic-of-Dagestan.png

EcADyglXsAAXzHX.jpg

FuMuG8cXsAg5RSb.jpg:large

FwSKnHsWwAIJFSe.jpg:large

Strickland Abus and Costa Aliskerov are 2 of the most random wildest matchmaking in WME UFC history. Literally makes 0 sense.

Abus and Ikram literally have 1 fight in UFC their debut and now they get matched with 2 top 7 MWs in their 2nd fight? Sean and Costa are 2 of the most popular fighters on roster too. It's a complete lose lose situation for both. They have a lot to lose and gain barely anything with wins.

Umar Cory is less egregious.... However Umar has yet to beat a ranked BW, him getting ranked in first place is sus and gets matched with a top 5 staple? Multiple more sensible fights for both.

Hmmm.....

Well.. Are they not winning for the most part ?

Back