Khabib only fighting once a year due to Ramadan

Really he could just fight during Ramadan? Maybe it would even help with his weight cutting problems? Isn't that when they don't eat during daylight hours for a month?

It's hard to train hard and fight without water.

They don't drink anything, including water, either. Every time it's in the summer, some muslim high school football player dies during practice because of it.

wow, that’s so sad. The coaches should not be letting that happen.

I hope he lose just so we’ll have an active champ in Tony

no he fight twice in 2020. tony not as champ has an easier time to fight more often. as champ khabib cant sign to fight on 3 weeks notice like tony did vs cowboy.

champs in the ufc have to fit into the ppv events like all champs fighting twice in the nurm.

Ramadan lasts for 1 month so it's not the reason he's fighting 'once a year'.

People do realize that this is Khabib's 2nd fight in the span of a year right?

people jsut hating. in 2020 he fight in april and in the fall so what else do you want from a champ.

the ufc needs tp a;ways fit title fights in the ppv dates most champs only fight 2 times any way.

stipe likely only to fight once. nobody calling him out for being inactive.

I like noodles too, but that's no reason to refuse to fight.

Like Sweater said, it's more than just a period of fasting, and from what I understand, you're supposed to basically be on your A-game in Ramadan lol.

So you absolutely can't do anything that could be considered sinful. Prizefighting in Islam is looked down upon. I think that's why Khabib avoids having any fights on Ramadan. Could be other reasons though.

there nothing wrong with him saying he wont deal with it during that time. after it over he wants to have his normaltrainign camps it been that way from day 1 and body cared until he become champ.

you guys talk about ramadan all the time on here

Sorry, knee jerk reaction after dealing with a bunch of assholes.

Yeah, in my country since it is mostly Muslim, coaches will adjust the training and make it very light during Ramadan. Or at least make a separate schedule for the practicing players/fighters so that stuff doesn't happen.

Yeah, in my country since it is mostly Muslim, coaches will adjust the training and make it very light during Ramadan. Or at least make a separate schedule for the practicing players/fighters so that stuff doesn't happen.

honestly I had no idea they couldn’t drink water. I thought water and juices were ok. That is full on. Crazy that Khabib even fought once during a Ramadan

honestly I had no idea they couldn’t drink water. I thought water and juices were ok. That is full on. Crazy that Khabib even fought once during a Ramadan

Hahaha it is what it is bro.

Belal Muhammad, I believe, fights often during Ramadan.

Khabib fights on average twice a year, baring suspensions and injuries. Did Ts discover Khabib last year ?

Also I heard Luke thomas say that he has a friend who trains and also a muslim, afer a month of only eating and drinking at some set hours of the day, you loose a bunch of weight and your body gets weaker which means you have to recover after that, especially when you are a hard training professional fighter. I don't know if that's true for everyone but it makes sense.

You can still train during ramadhan but it's advised to keep it light. Best time to train would be when you wake up or when you have eaten so you have some energy...though that time is utilised for Tarawih prayer but they can have a session in between that and fajr when they can train at a solid intensity.

As someone who trains during ramadhan, what i've noticed is:

It is the perfect month to lose weight. I mainly drink water, one offs I actually drink fruit juice/soda as it dehydrates you and you need to retain as much of the water in your body as you can for the fast.
If you aren't particularly disciplined with your diet like me, you will feel much better when you have finished the month. It's a month which kind of pushes you to cleanse your body. More often than not, you're eating less, drinking more water (even though your window to drink water is less) and your stomach actually shrinks :D

If you're a competitive athlete, I can see it being challenging because you can't have multiple intensive sessions throughout the day. At best you can have one intense session probably an hour after you eat or 3 hours if you prayed tarawih and the other is probably light when you wake up as you need to retain as much water as you can throughout the day and so you don't get thirsty.

Back