Media Khabib On Dana Pushing For The Conor Rematch

Alright. Time will tell. I'll be watching you ;).

But a lot of things has changed since then.

Before the first fight, everyone was questioning the legitimacy of Khabib's belt since he beat #10 ranked Iaquinta for it. After he defended vs McGregor and Poirier, Khabib's stock and star power has gone up a lot.
Well what I mean was, he was saying things like Conor isn't getting a shot etc. Saying he'd have to beg him or something. Paraphrasing a bit.

This is pretty much the same sort of tune. I think he's just having fun/ talking shit and his comments shouldn't be taken too seriously

Anyone can become a prostitute if the price is right, don't you think Dana would offer Khabiib something even he couldn't refuse if Dana wanted to make the fight that badly?
Khabib says he doesn't want the Conor rematch now, but would he be able to say the same thing if Dana waved 10 million dollars in front of his face? If so, he's a better than me and everyone else here.

Khabib will be making 10 million from Ferguson fight + PPV%.

There was an interview with his manager recently. Khabib's deal is progressive now, which means he will be getting more money for every fight as long as he keeps winning. He made around 6 million for Poirier fight + PPV%, he'll make 10 million + PPV% vs Ferguson. If he beats Ferguson his next fight he'll be getting even more.

Immediately after first Conor fight, Khabib's father said they'd want 30 million for a rematch. I can imagine that the price will go up if Khabib beats Ferg.

Seriously dude what the fuck is this bullshit?
10 win streak is a little bit too much, but conor should fight 3 top 10 opponents to get a ts.

lol at fighting cowboy
Cerrone is ranked number 5.

Well what I mean was, he was saying things like Conor isn't getting a shot etc. Saying he'd have to beg him or something. Paraphrasing a bit.

This is pretty much the same sort of tune. I think he's just having fun/ talking shit and his comments shouldn't be taken too seriously

Maybe you're right, but I think that trash talk in the build up to that first fight and recently the press conference in Moscow where McGregor talked shit about Dagestanis has changed things. I don't think this is just trash talk to Khabib anymore, he really dislikes McGregor. Which him jumping the cage after the first fight proves.

Fair but I should clarify

Khabib is prob the biggest draw outside of Conor. I think for the most part, they'll just give Khabib what he wants without much issue. Those are all very minor things

When we're talking about a rematch with Conor though, he is heavily out gunned and no longer the A side. He would certainly have a say, but there's no calling the shots for him in that scenario.

Disagree with you on him not being the A side. How can you not be the A side against a guy you dominated?

there is only one possibility for a re-match and this is if Khabib loses to Tony.

actually only than we would see if Conor is really looking for a rematch or if he will try to push Dana to fight for the title against Tony

Disagree with you on him not being the A side. How can you not be the A side against a guy you dominated?
Sadly that's how business works

Conor is still the most popular fighter who commands the highest payday.

Khabib bless . Sorry Dana but Cowgirl is a journeyman and so is Conor at this point. Conor hasn't won a fight in over 3 years and is too lazy to cut weight or do media. Fuckem

There was an interview with his manager recently. Khabib's deal is progressive now, which means he will be getting more money for every fight as long as he keeps winning. He made around 6 million for Poirier fight + PPV%, he'll make 10 million + PPV% vs Ferguson. If he beats Ferguson his next fight he'll be getting even more.

Immediately after first Conor fight, Khabib's father said they'd want 30 million for a rematch. I can imagine that the price will go up if Khabib beats Ferg.
Okay, 30 million then. Or if that's not enough, 40 million. Whatever Khabib wants I bet Dana is willing to pay it because he knows a Conor vs Khabib rematch would make his money back and then some.

Reading some of the comments here you get the sense some people wish Khabib was just another push over Champ instead of standing firm on his principles. You can hear them praying he somehow is forced to fight Conrat so they can accuse Khabib of not being of his word.

View attachment 692165

You a real one Khabib

giphy.gif
Dollars talk. He will fight Conor if the UFC tell him to. He is just engaging in brinkmanship to get a better deal

show me a legit source.

his dad and manager dont count.

So the champ decides who he fights? Lol thats new. You either take the fight or get stripped.

Khabib wants no part of the rematch. Fine tuning conmegs tdd will see him khabibs toughest fight after tony. Hence khaduck.

You either take the fight or get stripped.
<36><36><36>

Oh wow, so you can get stripped for choosing to fight more deserving contenders?? Could you please point to one example of where this has happened in the UFC?

Is this the first time where a match between two fighters on losing streaks can possibly get a title shot off of it

So... Khabib can't count.

But, regardless, this is about starting from a hardcore bargaining position, where he's going to get paid, and get paid like the star of that matchup. If they do that, he's not turning it down.

So maybe he can count, where it matters.

Back