Media Khabib mental game is p4p UFC number 1.

And to get up and regroup after a devastating loss and stuggle takes even greater discipline and focus.

I don’t agree. Multiple champions have said they felt relief after lost their titles. Less pressure when you’re not on top. Hard to stay motivated when you’re yet to be challenged.

That's true and all, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut how do you explain the Diaz melee and the Artem Lobov incident then ?

He could've gotten suspended and lost his money and visa in those situations as well.

Or what if Conor had given him his location? What then?

Would he have been calm and collected in the bus, and then wild and vengeful when with 20 of his people?

The truth is, he was scared. Plain and simple.

Not blaming him either.
he wanted to get off the bus but couldnt. every fighter on that bus stated this. he was being held by illir latifi an ali abdelaziz fighter and lhw tank.

50-43 vs Al after all the shit leading up to the fight, Artem, Conor bus, UFC changing opponents every minute, during a brutal weight cut. Khabib has the strongest mental and the best fight IQ in all of combat sports.

Nate did not have to cut weight vs Conor the first fight so it doesn't compare to what Khabib went thru DURING a brutal weight cut, not even close.

I don't remember the details on most of that to be honest but I highly doubt those situations were as volatile and likely to end in injury/ suspension. If Khabib got off the bus it was a very high likelihood it would have ended badly for their interests, and in the bus incident Khabib had a fight scheduled what... 1 or two days later?

In any case, khabib was indeed afraid to get off the bus, but it wasn't because he was afraid of Conor. Why potentially ruin everything he had worked for to go fight someone he'd get PAID to fight if he kept composure

The hotel fight was waaaaay riskier. Lot's of people screaming and running around.

As for Khabib not being afraid of Conor alone, I'd have to agree, but it was kinda funny to see a bus full of pro fighters being afraid of 1 pro fighter + 20 average dudes.

My whole point was Khabibs mental game is probably not THAT strong, he's human.

If I'd have to pick a UFC fighter that was legendarily chill I'd probably go with Henderson. That motherfucker was cool as a cucumber at all times.

Khabib is returning from a year long suspension due to losing his mind after his last fight.

He did keep his composure during the fight, but lost his mind after the fight. I don't know how you could say he has the strongest mental game after that.

No other fighter has jumped over the cage to fight in the crowd before.

Why should he move up to fight guys way bigger than him? To get cool points from random sherbros? Look at dos anjos, cant beat any legit 170 because he just gets smothered
As much as I would like to see if he can hang with the big boys/quality wrestlers at 170 why would he?

If RDA could still make 155 comfortably trust me he would.

The hotel fight was waaaaay riskier. Lot's of people screaming and running around.

As for Khabib not being afraid of Conor alone, I'd have to agree, but it was kinda funny to see a bus full of pro fighters being afraid of 1 pro fighter + 20 average dudes.

My whole point was Khabibs mental game is probably not THAT strong, he's human.

If I'd have to pick a UFC fighter that was legendarily chill I'd probably go with Henderson. That motherfucker was cool as a cucumber at all times.
stfu

Inside the cage yes, he doesn't break.

But it's hard to judge outside the cage when he's with 20 people most of the time.

The only time he was alone/low numbers, he stayed on the bus.
I guess some people have actual friends, and other stay alone ...

Khabib is returning from a year long suspension due to losing his mind after his last fight.

He did keep his composure during the fight, but lost his mind after the fight. I don't know how you could say he has the strongest mental game after that.

No other fighter has jumped over the cage to fight in the crowd before.
he performed flawlessly under pressure. what he did afterwards was revenge. nothing to do with mental toughness. under the bright lights under all the pressure he was untouchable.

He stated recently he doesn't want to move up to 170 because he would not have a size advantage.

So I would say he is weak mentally, plus he has dropped out of multiple fights highlighting his mental weakness further.

But still the best LW in the world.
does kamaru usman or colby would like to move up to fight romero ? no. That is why weight class exist ...

Crazy how he had to endure all that shit from Conor and the UFC and still wiped him out of MMA he beat him so bad, all his predictions came true.

He stated recently he doesn't want to move up to 170 because he would not have a size advantage.

So I would say he is weak mentally, plus he has dropped out of multiple fights highlighting his mental weakness further.

But still the best LW in the world.
Objectively, Khabib doesn't look bigger compare to other 155er DURING FIGHT NIGHT ! Not like a Darren till, or Kevin Lee ( at 155 ) who definitely looks bigger than their opponent the night of the fight.
During the off-season he likes to eat a lot of food, so he gains weight which is mostly body fat , and can get to 185-190 lbs, nothing unusual compares to other top 155er likes poirier ( 185 lbs just last week ) or tony ( reported once at 190+).
NINTCHDBPICT0004398890634-e1542459130731.jpg

Your mental game is always strong when you're winning. Once struggle and failure comes, only the strongest, toughest survive.

Khabib is guided by his father from a young age and they also have a billionaire behind their back who can pay Khabib to train and travel overseas. That boy never felt a true struggle.

He grew up and was raised in Dagestan dumbass. The struggle is real.

yeah khabib has a pretty strong mind, but he never faced any real adversity in the cage, so I can't rank him with the mental games of a ferguson, frankie edgar, dustin poirier, Whittaker etc ..

yeah khabib has a pretty strong mind, but he never faced any real adversity in the cage, so I can't rank him with the mental games of a ferguson, frankie edgar, dustin poirier, Whittaker etc ..
smesh smesh smesh

that's all he thinks

smesh smesh smesh

that's all he thinks
Yeah, but for me if you never dealt with adversity, I can't say you have a strong mind. Maybe the first time khabib will get rocked, he will loose all his confidence, maybe not, only time will tell ( maybe he ll never get rocked ..)

lol. that's why he jumped out of the cage and attacked a guy over some words, then got fined and suspended, and then turned into the same guy he had been complaining about.

good one.

#legacy

I'm completely triggered.

God willing I'll find a way to get some sleep tonight and move on. But this is serious stuff. Making these comments is pushing me over the edge...
It was just a little tip man. What did you expect to see opening this thread?

Back