Khabib mauling Conor would be the best result for MMA

you were the one who mentioned the creation of superstars in your original post

khabib does not even have a legit title, he got gifted against a one legged real estate agent ranked #11 who took the fight on a day's notice

He’s the more legit champ than Conor ever was in my eyes, because he showed up

Who needs a champion who will fight once every 500 days? Imagine all the superstars that could have been created, memories that could have been made if we had legit title fights in the most stacked division during those 500 days. If Conor wins he’s taking off for another year or so. Fuck that.

Since July 2014 Khabib has fought 4 times. Since July 2014 Conor has fought 9 times, including 8 MMA fights and 1 boxing fight.

Contender Conor was 3x as active as contender Khabib. Now imagine how inactive Khabib would get as champion compared to Conor. If Conor doesn't fight for 500 days Khabib would sit out for 1500.

Wow whoever made this thread is a dummy. You realize Khabib is plagued with injuries abs constantly pulls out of fights? Pretty sure he went longer than 500 days without a fight and still felt he was owed a title shot. Best case scenario Kevin lee wins the belt

Not having a legit champion prevents anyone in said division from becoming a star. Unfortunate fact

that's just not true; belts are irrelevant

DJ 11 legit title defenses will never be a superstar

Mayweather vs McGregor not even for a belt and biggest fight of all time

Khabib wins and then he and Tony finally fight for the title.

That is the best result.
That's most likely but you have give McG his due, he's done incredible things and a win here would cement his legend, however unlikely.

If conor wins it's going to be non stop retirement and negotiations. If khabib wins we might get injuries but he will atleast fight if he can.

Yeah I’m way more excited for Khabib vs Tony than any Conor combination against the two.

Yeah, I’m would be more excited for a Khabib/Tony fight.
That's most likely but you have give McG his due, he's done incredible things and a win here would cement his legend, however unlikely.

I have never knocked Conor for his resume. He would cement his legacy with a win.

Yep a Russian who can't speak English, misses weight, and does not draw dick is the best thing for MMA.. Sure..

I wholeheartedly agree. MMA has been wrecked by the moneyfight era that was ushered in by none other than King Clowner himself. As soon as he fades away and the fad of making stupid matchups for the sake of a few extra PPV buys will hopefully be over.

How the fuck does he? I'm not even playing

Go watch the Edson fight
That's a man that trains with Frankie Edgar and Eddie Alvarez daily and Khabib got him
How ca you compare Barboza to Conor ?

Conor would blow him away too . Just like he did to Eddie

Since July 2014 Khabib has fought 4 times. Since July 2014 Conor has fought 9 times, including 8 MMA fights and 1 boxing fight.

Contender Conor was 3x as active as contender Khabib. Now imagine how inactive Khabib would get as champion compared to Conor. If Conor doesn't fight for 500 days Khabib would sit out for 1500.

Contender Conor is dead

There is only Superstar Conor, who broke the record for title defense ducking by a wide mile

Dude only won two world title fights lol. He has no legend or legacy other than the most financially successful fighter.

Could be the opposite effect and Khabib will turn into a cherry picking money fight diva and only fight maybe twice a year.

There is not one thing about Khabib that even hints at diva behavior...

The end of Conor is the end of the UFC’s growth

The end of Chuck Liddell is the end of UFC’s growth

The end of Brock is the end of UFC’s growth

The end of Anderson Silva is the end of UFC’s growth

Same story, different actors

Wow whoever made this thread is a dummy. You realize Khabib is plagued with injuries abs constantly pulls out of fights? Pretty sure he went longer than 500 days without a fight and still felt he was owed a title shot. Best case scenario Kevin lee wins the belt
So he can miss weight? Lmao

You do know they took the belt from Conor before and everyone in every division had all the opportunity in the world to fight each other and become stars.. . And all most of them did was miss weight...fight boring fights...lose..trip over cables..take summers off for religious reasons and fight for dumb interim belts. If Conor wins and doesn't fight they will take the belt again and you will be free to enjoy all the Tony/Khabib cancellations your heart desires. Conor is in his own lane, and has no control over any division. All he controls is giving some underpaid fighter the biggest payday they will ever see. Shame on him. You somehow want others to become stars off of Conor's name, but want him to get his ass whipped at the same time. Sounds kind of lame. Khabib is one of my favorite fighters, but It appears that things only get to the next level of interesting/entertaining/appropriate pay checks... when guys like Conor/Brock are on the scene.

Back