Khabib mauling Conor would be the best result for MMA

FlyThaiMMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who needs a champion who will fight once every 500 days? Imagine all the superstars that could have been created, memories that could have been made if we had legit title fights in the most stacked division during those 500 days. If Conor wins he’s taking off for another year or so. Fuck that.

Could be the opposite effect and Khabib will turn into a cherry picking money fight diva and only fight maybe twice a year.

Well you'll all be happy when it happens then

I dislike Conor but he has a real shot in this fight. Tony is the harder fight imo

How the fuck does he? I'm not even playing

Go watch the Edson fight
That's a man that trains with Frankie Edgar and Eddie Alvarez daily and Khabib got him

Conor is the only superstar in MMA and no number of 'legit' title fights will change that

Also, look at the big picture man. If Conor never did what he did at FW/LW and got away with it do you think Bisping could have seriously pulled off what he pulled at MW? It robbed us of Romero/Jacare primes as well realistically speaking.

WME deserves a huge share of the blame but it is undeniable this shit really ascended with Conor. Khabib ending the era will be great for the sport and all divisions.

How the fuck does he? I'm not even playing

Go watch the Edson fight
That's a man that trains with Frankie Edgar and Eddie Alvarez daily and Khabib got him

I could be overrating Conor but I don’t see a bull rushing style working on him. Tony’s unpredictable crisper style with heavy takedowns is the formula for Conor

Khabib is still the favorite. But not as much as Tony would be in my eyes

khabib already cannot fight for a big portion of the year because of his faith

and he only fights once a year anyway if he doesn't pull out because of some bullshit

when Conor says he is going to fight, he fights and he is not afraid to take last minute replacements

Imagine all the superstars that could have been created,

What's keeping superstars from being created? Conor? Why? He's certainly not keeping superstars from being created in any other division than 155.

I could be overrating Conor but I don’t see a bull rushing style working on him. Tony’s unpredictable crisper style with heavy takedowns is the formula for Conor

Khabib is still the favorite. But not as much as Tony would be in my eyes

I think they both smash him so at least we can agree on that

But Khabib will get rid of him inside a round

Guys with multi millions in the bank don't take life changing beatdowns
He will turtle up for a mercy stoppage

Khabib wins and then he and Tony finally fight for the title.

That is the best result.

What's keeping superstars from being created? Conor? Why? He's certainly not keeping superstars from being created in any other division than 155.

Not having a legit champion prevents anyone in said division from becoming a star. Unfortunate fact

Idgaf about PPV buys whatsoever nerd

you were the one who mentioned the creation of superstars in your original post

khabib does not even have a legit title, he got gifted against a one legged real estate agent ranked #11 who took the fight on a day's notice

Khabib wins and then he and Tony finally fight for the title.

That is the best result.

Yeah I’m way more excited for Khabib vs Tony than any Conor combination against the two.

Not having a legit champion prevents anyone in said division from becoming a star. Unfortunate fact

Sure, but that shouldn't be keeping superstars from emerging in all the other divisions. Can't really blame Conor for that.

Back