Khabib is like the LW version of Cain

Ok, Malki

Nice to see you on Sherdog.

Nah, Khabib is better than Cain.

More dominant, udefeted, undisputed, barely lost a round, never been bruised or cut.

He surpassed Cain and is AKA GOAT.

Serious question: What's the difference between Khabib and Usman's resume except 1 more title defense/UFC win.

Khabib - 13-0 in the UFC - 4 UFC titles - 5 or 6 elite victories
Usman - 12-0 in the UFC - 3 UFC titles - 4 or 5 elite victories

I really would like to know the answer because nobody thinks Usman is the GOAT.

Serious question: What's the difference between Khabib and Usman's resume except 1 more title defense/UFC win.

Khabib - 13-0 in the UFC - 4 UFC titles - 5-6 elite victories
Usman - 12-0 in the UFC - 3 UFC titles - 4-5 elite victories

More dominant wins. Usman struggled against nemisis Colby.

Khabib more technical skilled, Usman is foot-stomper. Fight against Mas was a disgrace.

That’s actually an awesome point!! I guess maybe khabib was more dominant in his wins but record and competition wise they seem similar.

Khabib - 13-0 in the UFC - 4 UFC titles - 5-6 elite victories
Usman - 12-0 in the UFC - 3 UFC titles - 4-5 elite victories

Nobody thinks Usman's the GOAT because he isn't even the GOAT of his own division and has not been as dominant as Khabib.

I do agree with your implication that he's excessively disrespected. IMO he'd beat Hughes and would give GSP a competitive fight. You should make this a thread instead of just commenting it here where it isn't relevant, it'd make for some good discussion.

Nobody thinks Usman's the GOAT because he isn't even the GOAT of his own division and has not been as dominant as Khabib.

I do agree with your implication that he's excessively disrespected. IMO he'd beat Hughes and would give GSP a competitive fight. You should make this a thread instead of just commenting it here where it isn't relevant, it'd make for some good discussion.
LW doesn't have a GSP or even a Hughes in terms of accomplishments.

Khabib is the LW GOAT, but people saying he's on the same level as Fedor/Jones/Anderson/GSP/Aldo/Mighty Mouse is absurd... and I'm like the original Khabib fan.

Dominant during their primes but didn’t fight long enough to be GOAT.

Terrel Davis in NFL
Tim Lincecum in MLB
Yao Ming in NBA

Comparing guys from team sports to combat sports is shaky. Those guys had backup if they had a bad game, fighters don't.

had he just got that 30th fight in it would have cemented his legacy as the undisputed goat but unfortunately for him he didn't and instead gets filed under the "retired shlub" category
<EdgyBrah>

Khabib is a special fighter and without a doubt one of the very best but agreed.
The guy hasn't had a long enough reign or beaten enough names to be regarded as the best. Let's take jones and silva out of it due to peds. Their reigns eclipse khabibs no doubt but even then we have gsp, gsp is light years ahead in my opinion.

LW doesn't have a GSP or even a Hughes in terms of accomplishments.

Khabib is the LW GOAT, but people saying he's on the same level as Fedor/Jones/Anderson/GSP/Aldo/Mighty Mouse is absurd... and I'm like the original Khabib fan.
Lol I agree with you, but that just speaks to how deep LW is - no one has been able to remain at the top for long. The gap between Khabib and guys like Usman or Adesanya isn't big, but there IS a gap and it does make sense that it's there.

For me it's like this: Fedor & GSP >>>>>>>>>>>> Khabib and other champs like Cruz/Aldo/DJ/Hughes/Miocic. Jones and Silva don't qualify because they popped.

Khabib is way more dominant. Never bled, dropped, hurt or lost ever. Usman has not only lost before, Colby did put quite a beating on him.

Khabib beat 3 p4p top 10 opponents in a row all by finishing them, Usman is mostly winning boring decisions

Conor>Woodley
Prime RDA>Past prime RDA
Prime JG>Prime Mas
Prime Poirier>Prime Colby(debatable though)

Khabib is undefeated, Usman got finished by Jose Caceras

Overall Khabib is 29-0, Usman is 17-1

Skills wise Usman has great wrestling but Khabib was a complete grappler with stellar BJJ hence Usman seems inferior overall

Khabib fights in the toughest division ever, Usman fights in a good division but not as good as LW

Having said that, Usman might be getting there soon as well, he will have to stay quite dominant and maybe finish fights along the way

<LikeReally5>
Woodley literally has more than double the amount of championships Conor does.

I despise Conor but woodley shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Conor. Woodleys championship reign is only there because of a wonderboy draw and thrn a robbery. Nobody even considers him top 5 WW. A win over Aldo is greater than Woodleys entire career.

Nah Cain is way more of a "what if?". Plus, he lost fights in his prime.

Bonus negative points for Cain losing the UFC a shit ton of money by: beating Brock, killing Mexican market, having no discernible personality, losing UFC's Fox debut in seconds, always being injured.

Whereas, Khabib made the UFC a fuck load of cash, including being part of their biggest PPV of all time.

I wouldn't go that far...

But yeah, injuries indeed took away two years and a faster track to the top.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back