Khabib is like the LW version of Cain

Serious question: What's the difference between Khabib and Usman's resume except 1 more title defense/UFC win.

Khabib - 13-0 in the UFC - 4 UFC titles - 5 or 6 elite victories
Usman - 12-0 in the UFC - 3 UFC titles - 4 or 5 elite victories

I really would like to know the answer because nobody thinks Usman is the GOAT.
Khabib is WAY more dominant. If khabib was winning his fights by holding his opponents against the fence and stomping on their toes obviously people wouldn't be talking about him as much.

khabib and fedor is more comparable than khabib and cain

cain got ko'd by JDS in the 1st round, then regained the belt and defended twice. the defenses were against jds and bigfoot. bigfoot hasnt aged well at all. he was legit at the time tho

Khabib is WAY more dominant. If khabib was winning his fights by holding his opponents against the fence and stomping on their toes obviously people wouldn't be talking about him as much.
usman was also in a dogfight with colby just last year. he took more damage in 1 fight than khabib has his entire mma career, not just ufc lol.

Serious question: What's the difference between Khabib and Usman's resume except 1 more title defense/UFC win.

Usman is not undefeated and is way less dominant. Khabib also has beaten better competition.

Khabib is definitely more dominant than Usman, but I think that Usman's title defenses were against better opposition than Khabib's.

Khabib is closer to DC compared to Cain in terms of their fighting styles and skills in the ring. Cain actually didn't mind standing and trading with opponents who were great strikers in their own right, such as boxing and outstriking JDS on his feet and even against Werdum he managed to hang in there standing.

It's just that Werdum stylistically was a bad matchup for him since Cain didn't really have the option of taking him down and even on the clinch Werdum didn't even mind that either since Cain had to eat knees because of that. Cain also preferred to finish pretty much all his fight via GnP and strikes while Khabib usually finished his fights via grinding/wearing his opponents down along with his lethal submission skills.

DC, like Khabib, had great wrestling skills and didn't mind finishing fights via submission as well, although DC can only do this against opponents who were mostly out of their elements on the mat. At least DC had better stand-up than Khabib did and faced opponents who are usually bigger than he was.

Comparing guys from team sports to combat sports is shaky. Those guys had backup if they had a bad game, fighters don't.

I was more trying to pick guys who were some of the best of the best during their times but can’t be considered all time GOATS bc of short careers.

but I definitely see your point.

Back