Khabib in Pride

If he fought guys his own size then yes. However, Pride was lovely with all the freak show fights and open weight tournaments and no matter how good you are, if your opponents weigh twice as much as you skill won’t win you the fight (unless it’s against Giant Silva, HMC, Akebono etc).

Khabib uses the same sambo techniques that Fedor used to make Pride fanboys spaz out, and dominates everybody from Gomi to Kawajiri.

Knees to downed opponents, soccer kicks, etc really make Khabib's entries for TDs from the outside A LOT more dangerous for him.

That said, Gomi has always been overrated to me. I watched MMA during the PRIDE era and it's my favourite. BJ Penn would have wiped the floor with any Gomi.

Lightweight in Pride was 161lbs so Khabib wouldn't have the same size advantage he has in ufc, no cage either which would be another big disadvantage for Khabib. So no, I think he'd be a lot less effective and definitely lose a few.

He'd be constantly getting yellow carded and stood up.

Khabib does not take dives for money.

Which means he easily runs through the entire Pride FC roster in one night.

He would best all of them with out too much trouble. He is great in a cage and would be even better in a ring.

He retired with a very mediocre record of 13-9. The real Dagestani retired with 29-0

He went to college in D-Stan and taught most of those guys the D1 level moves. He just had a bad run of injuries. Khabib didn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back