Khabib in Pride

He would have to have been on the Bushido card, he's just too small to be ablecompete with guys like Wandy, Rampage, Arona, Hendo, Randleman, The Nog Bros, Cro-cop, Fedor, the list goes on............

But, up against guys like Aoki, Gomi, or bigger, say even Newton. But c'mon TS, you gotta be new af to even be asking this question.

Did you even PrideFC bro?
<LikeReally5>

Yes. Way before he was even training at aka before a large step up in competition

No. Khabib's strongest asset is cagework. With no cage, his only chance at going undefeated would be pulling out of 100% of fights.
He was 16-0, with 6 submissions and 6 KO's in the ring before he abandoned that to learn how to fight in a cage. He definitely got less violent after joining the UFC.

Well...the way you present it, this is a serious misconception there, mate...

Kind of amusing the obcession with that one fight almost 20 years latter, quite a lot of matches in the US were judging/reffing seemed to be questionable against ex Pride guys.

As said Khabib was a ring fighter at first and I suspect the Pride version would remain more focused on single leg takedowns like his earlier career. Thats part of why he struggled a bit with Tibau, he wasnt used to a fighter using the cage to block a single leg.

Well...the way you present it, this is a serious misconception there, mate...

Fai enough. I preferred pride. I went to a few events even. But that was an awful decision. I just think he'd have to be concerned about that if he wasn't finishing fights

Gomi was spotted out in Vegas getting drunk the night before the fight. He showed up hungover, swinging haymakers. Just because it was an entertaining fight doesn't mean it was Gomi at his best, not even close.

Look at the fights post Diaz, losing to Golyaev, Kitaoka and barely beating Tony Hervey. He was already declining.
So no Gomi 2.0? daww

Kind of amusing the obcession with that one fight almost 20 years latter, quite a lot of matches in the US were judging/reffing seemed to be questionable against ex Pride guys.

As said Khabib was a ring fighter at first and I suspect the Pride version would remain more focused on single leg takedowns like his earlier career. Thats part of why he struggled a bit with Tibau, he wasnt used to a fighter using the cage to block a single leg.
It´s because some fans dont wanna understand the intricacies of details of criteria that they still doesn't even know the names of...

Ohohoho @corrupted you done fucked up now.

b done.gif

But that was an awful decision.

Very logical decision, on the contrary...

Nothing? Iron chin, ko power nothing? Gtfo lol. Not saying he would win but nothing...

Nothing that's really a threat to Khabib, his chin isn't really relevant in this fight and Khabib has an iron chin himself.

Fai enough. I preferred pride. I went to a few events even. But that was an awful decision. I just think he'd have to be concerned about that if he wasn't finishing fights

As mentioned you look at the crtiteria and it doesnt seem that bad to me, basically a difference in the rules that mean LnP fighting as Ricco atempted didnt work. I mean I wouldnt go claiming this was some great dominant win by Nog either but a robbery? nah.

The idea of poor americans victimised by the evil foreigners doesnt really hold up to something like Hendo vs Ninja which shows you the same thing, Ninja's control for most of the match didnt trump Hendo landing some big shots late in the fight.

Nothing that's really a threat to Khabib, his chin isn't really relevant in this fight and Khabib has an iron chin himself.

His ko power and cat reflexes is a problem. You sound like a Khabib nut hugger to say nothing lol.

So no Gomi 2.0? daww

tenor.gif

He was 16-0, with 6 submissions and 6 KO's in the ring before he abandoned that to learn how to fight in a cage. He definitely got less violent after joining the UFC.
Yeah, he looked great in the ring against people with records like 2-5, 0-1, 3-8, 9-11 and 13-13. Is this the kind of opposition he would go up against in PRIDE?

Bushido Gomi in my opinion can beat any lightweight in history.
Sakurai was really tough as hell as well. Sakurai fought Silva and Hughes, prob the only guy to have fought those two, though I could be wrong.

It really comes down to if Khabib would beat those two because they were number 1 and number 2. I know moviated ___ is a running joke around here, but motivated Gomi and motivated Sakurai is as real as they come.

You'd have to favour Khabib to decision both, I think, but I think he could lose to both too.

Good post, fully agree!

The only man who has a remote chance is Charles Bennett with some jumping/spinning shit.

He smokes anyone his size for sure. His style fits the cage better, but nobody under 200lbs in pride had dick for Khabib including Anderson............Checkers vs Chess

Put him on the juice, and he probably holds his own with a lot of the bigger guys to be honest. I could definitely see a 200lb ripped Khabib beating MMA pioneers with shitty submission defense like Coleman or Fujita

Yeah, he looked great in the ring against people with records like 2-5, 0-1, 3-8, 9-11 and 13-13. Is this the kind of opposition he would go up against in PRIDE?
What about Ali Bagov and Eldar Eldarov who both went on to become champions in ACA and BRAVE?

Back