Khabib in Pride

In the Pride era, with the Former Pride Roster, does Khabib go undefeated their?
No. Khabib's strongest asset is cagework. With no cage, his only chance at going undefeated would be pulling out of 100% of fights.

What's he going to do to him? I'll always try and convince myself in any way I can that Gomi can beat people, but I can't come up with a reliable way of beating Khabib.

The cage/ring is what makes it interesting. He would need almost a completely different style. Assuming he is the exact same fighter (he wouldn’t be lol), then no. I don’t think he would do that well. Or not 30-0 at least.

Nick Diaz would’ve cleaned out the Pride LW division as well. Just like BJ Penn would’ve done during that era.

Who’s gonna beat Khabib over there? Luiz Azeredo?

Probably would do about as well as he did in teh UFC.

Khabib fought most of his career in a ring/open mat

True, but the elite competition in Pride combined with soccer kicks would undoubtedly be hard. Khabib really relies on the fence. Not to mention how crazy soccer kicks are.

Nick Diaz would’ve cleaned out the Pride LW division as well. Just like BJ Penn would’ve done during that era.

Who’s gonna beat Khabib over there? Luiz Azeredo?

Nick went life and death with a hungover Gomi who stopped training seriously. 2005 Gomi outboxes Nick all day, just like Sean Sherk did.

Could easily see someone like Crusher UD'ing Penn as well, especially with the 10 minute first round to wear BJ down.

Nick went life and death with a hungover Gomi who stopped training seriously. 2005 Gomi outboxes Nick all day, just like Sean Sherk did.

Could easily see someone like Crusher UD'ing Penn as well, especially with the 10 minute first round to wear BJ down.

Nick Diaz broke Gomi than submitted him In one of the greatest MMA fights of all time.

Gomi was begging the ref to stop the fight on Diaz. Pleading even because he was broken. Panic wrestled than was submitted.

Diaz would’ve whomped the pride LW division in a bad way.

lmao gtfo of my face with this bullshit.

Gomi was spotted out in Vegas getting drunk the night before the fight. He showed up hungover, swinging haymakers. Just because it was an entertaining fight doesn't mean it was Gomi at his best, not even close.

Look at the fights post Diaz, losing to Golyaev, Kitaoka and barely beating Tony Hervey. He was already declining.

Reactions: TR1
Gomi was spotted out in Vegas getting drunk the night before the fight. He showed up hungover, swinging haymakers. Just because it was an entertaining fight doesn't mean it was Gomi at his best, not even close.

Look at the fights post Diaz, losing to Golyaev, Kitaoka and barely beating Tony Hervey. He was already declining.
spotted by WHOMST?

All ya gotta do it take gomi down,like Aurelius did.
Sprawl n Brawl Gomi is a LW GOAT all though that version of Gomi would have to win by throwing some wild looping stiff shit before khabib can get his hands on him.

spotted by WHOMST?

How have you been here since 2004 and not heard the stories of Gomi being drunk and gambling out in Vegas before the Diaz fight? Surely some other posters here can remember

Bushido Gomi in my opinion can beat any lightweight in history
Sakurai was really tough as hell as well. Sakurai fought Silva and Hughes, prob the only guy to have fought those two, though I could be wrong.
I love Pride and they had great LW but Khabib dominates them all
Probably would do about as well as he did in teh UFC.
Sprawl n Brawl Gomi is a LW GOAT all though that version of Gomi would have to win by throwing some wild looping stiff shit before khabib can get his hands on him.
You guys miss the point completely.

There is no way that Khabib would compete in the WW division (160 lbs).

If Kahbib would compete for a belt, in the very late days of PRIDE as a 183 lbs. For the most of the PRIDE run Khabib would be a 203 pounder like most small guys had for lack of a better option.

Otherwise he would fight in the Bushidos for no belt.

This extreme weight cutting bullshit wasn't encoraged there. Khabib is closer to Igor in natural size that to Gomi. Khabib might me naturally very close to guys like Cyborg in size.

Bushido Gomi in my opinion can beat any lightweight in history.
Sakurai was really tough as hell as well. Sakurai fought Silva and Hughes, prob the only guy to have fought those two, though I could be wrong.

It really comes down to if Khabib would beat those two because they were number 1 and number 2. I know moviated ___ is a running joke around here, but motivated Gomi and motivated Sakurai is as real as they come.

You'd have to favour Khabib to decision both, I think, but I think he could lose to both too.
crazy to think Sakurai took on Anderson Silva, then a prime gomi

If he were sent over as a UFC import for a GP I think he could easily lose. The ring V Cage is a huge difference, and the Judges like the Pride guys (See Nog V Ricco). If he were to be a Pride Fighter and trained for it.. I'm sure he'd be fine.

He would have to have adjusted to fighting in the ring. His style is very cage centric,even though he can score td's without it

Fishing for singles isn't going to work. He'd do well to not get stomped and soccer kicked into bolivian. No cage will be a big issue as well. This isn't the F leagues. Pride is the pinnacle of combat.

Bruh, his entire career was in a ring before entering the UFC.

Gomi is one of my absolute favourite fighters of all time and I fucking love the guy.

That being said he has absolutely nothing for Khabib.

Nothing? Iron chin, ko power nothing? Gtfo lol. Not saying he would win but nothing...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back