• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Kevin McCarthy ousted; Mike Johnson becomes US House speaker

Left for 5 mins, come back and McCarthy is talking about Hitler and somehow trying to link it to Putin invading Ukraine because of Afghanistan and border security. This is some true James Joyce level political stream of consciousness

(This has never happened in American history)

I know.
I was reading that some Democrats were saying they wanted to make a deal/wanted something in return if they were going to side with him.

so yes, it’s an extremely unique situation and we have 8 Republicans to blame and every Democrat who voted with them.

I know.
I was reading that some Democrats were saying they wanted to make a deal/wanted something in return if they were going to side with him.

so yes, it’s an extremely unique situation and we have 8 Republicans to blame and every Democrat who voted with them.
Blaming the Dems for voting for their guy as they have in every single vote that has been held is beyond asinine

The dysfunction is very much on one side .

I know.

It's not unique for the opposing party to vote against the speaker of the opposing party. It's expected.

Why would they vote for anyone else but their own candidate?

I know.

Why would any democrat vote for a douchebag like McCarthy without getting something in return? The vote was forced on them, it’s a simple yes or no question.

Democrats were dumb to go along with this shitshow.

Whatever you think about McCarthy from the left, right, or center, he has shown the ability to negotiate and compromise to at least keep our government running.
McCarthy screwed them on the debt ceiling deal by not keeping his promise. They have no reason to trust him. Also, a disfunctional Republic party unable to advance its’ agenda is in the best interest of country.

McCarthy screwed them on the debt ceiling deal by not keeping his promise. They have no reason to trust him. Also, a disfunctional Republic party unable to advance its’ agenda is in the best interest of country.
Matt Gaetz is a complete lying scumbag himself. This isn't some issue of honesty.

It's not unique for the opposing party to vote against the speaker of the opposing party. It's expected.

Why would they vote for anyone else but their own candidate?
Was it not predictable that MAGA chuds would blame the Dems for the Republicans imploding internally. The right is the victim army these days. Always the victim.

So its now "mob rules"? ok, got to take this into account the next time i see you in an electoral college or gerrymandering thread.

No. Mob rule would be going along with the mob. This is quite the opposite.

"Bending over to the Dems"

You do realize that Dems voted to remove McCarthy right? i mean its like if you came into the thread knowing nothing.

LOL. Yes, because they have their own guy to vote for.

Your point was "Its not like the rest of the Republican party don't agree with them".

Man, at least accept when you fucked up.

Should I type "I misread the vote" in Spanish?

What promise? the dude was a fucking thorn on the side of Democrats, ergo why Democrats decided to vote to remove.

Compared to a speaker of their choosing? Yes. They didn't vote to remove him, because they want a different Republican in there.

Of course, its good that Republican party is so dysfunctional that they are willing to nuke their own side and vote with the Dems in order to draw attention to themselves.

There is a reason why extremists movements are a joke without a leader to coalesce to, they attract a bunch of narcissists and deplorables that would rather destroy their whole side if they can't get their way 100%.

Meanwhile Dems are just eating popcorn.

Oh' yeah, the Dems are in tip top shape. Totally functional. Totally not panicking over 2024, and the mummy they have to put up there.

Heh you libs only wish you had your own Matt Gaetz. Isn’t he dreamy? Yeah you’re just mad
Like I said about a week ago…America deserves Kamaltoe Harris. And they are going to get her.

What the fuck does this have to do with my post or anything in this thread? You sniffing glue or something?

This proves yet again that the Republican party cannot govern.
What’s crazy is that Democrats are still so much worse. That’s saying a lot considering what buffoons a decent number of Republicans are.

I’m just wondering what Americans will think on both sides when Kamaltoe gets sworn in. Joe Biden has zero interest in completing a second term. He’ll step down within two months of reelection.

We need some martians to come down and wipe out congress and the senate just like in Mars attacks. No matter what letter is in front of their name they are all scumbag lowlifes who are destroying the country.

We need some martians to come down and wipe out congress and the senate just like in Mars attacks. No matter what letter is in front of their name they are all scumbag lowlifes who are destroying the country.
Hmmm...kind of. I mean, yeah, they all suck. But it's a little disingenuous to make this some bothsidesism affair. The Republicans are the bigger fuck ups at this point. They just are.

Why would the opposing party vote for your guy unless you get something in return?

Also didn't McCarthy changed the rules to allow such a motion to be filed in the first place?

Back