Kevin Lee (-310) vs. Al Iaquinta (+255)... Best action of 2018?

This is the perfect weekend for an underdog lottery ticket parlay.

Iaquinta at +250
Frank Mir +115
Sergio Pettis +150
Jim Miller +255
Bobby Green +205
Liam Mcgeary +190
Neiman Gracie +310

I plan on knocking these bookies dead this weekend.

Good parlay, but Miller ain't gonna win.

Go bet on Al and bet big. Post the slip here and declare yourself as the brightest mind of all Sherdog.

Watch Lee wreck that short-tempered fool in the first 2 rounds.

Come back here, make excuses, lie, cry, delete account.

<[analyzed}>
We need a prediction thread for that one <DC-Champ>

Barely 26 years old, 6-1 in the last couple years with his only loss in a title fight with Ferguson. Khabib wasn't fighting someone like a prime Ferguson in a title fight when he was 24 or 25. Heck he's still not fighting Ferguson now...
Khabib beat prime RDA when he was 25. Check your facts.

I think Al is also way overrated. What has he done so impressive? Not getting finished by Khabib? He's good, make no mistake about it, but Kevin Lee has improved a ton, I think he's actually going to win, and pretty handidly

The fact that Lee fans still can only bring up Barboza, stylistic dream matchup that still almost KO'ed him, only proves how overrated he is.

What the hell else has he done that I should be impressed with?

what has Al done that's impressive?

go 5 rds with a decision master?

KO Diego?

barely beat Jorge Masvidal?

his career isn't exactly sparkling with impressive wins either. he's fought basically a bunch of mid to lower tier fighters until he got Khabib on short notice.

finishing Trinaldo and Barboza is above anything Iaquinta has done.

I think Al is also way overrated. What has he done so impressive? Not getting finished by Khabib? He's good, make no mistake about it, but Kevin Lee has improved a ton, I think he's actually going to win, and pretty handidly
Iaquinta has a split dec win over Masvidal, hands down his best victory I’d say. That one was a robbery, two judges didn’t know what the hell they were watching. Al kept punching air while marching forward, eating shot after shot from Jorge.

Just look at this!
http://m.espn.com/extra/mma/fightstatistics?fightId=208226&

<{Joewithit}>

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/6071/Al-Iaquinta-vs-Jorge-Masvidal

<36>

His second best W is young Lee, third best maybe Joe Lauzon?

- Al won the first fight. Way better striker. Cardio for days. Great tdd.
- Kevin has never outstruck anyone of worth, is chinny, his cardio is suspect
- This is a 5 round fight, Al's tdd and pressure is going to exhaust Lee. Lee withered in the 3rd round last time. Ferg gassed the shit out him too. His cardio can't deal with grappler/strikers who pressure him
- Al stuffed almost every td in the first fight
- Both fighters have improved

Kevin Lee has to be the most ridiculously overrated fighter at LW right now. I don't get it. Who has he been so impressive against? Barboza? even though he nearly got KO'ed, when Barboza was easiest style matchup for in the division?

Al is going to be a nightmare matchup.

This is by no means a lock, but a beautiful fight to bet on.

1-11.gif

eaj1ft.gif
Well, bet the house on Al, and get back to us on Sunday...

Barely 26 years old, 6-1 in the last couple years with his only loss in a title fight with Ferguson. Khabib wasn't fighting someone like a prime Ferguson in a title fight when he was 24 or 25. Heck he's still not fighting Ferguson now...

All of that is irrelevant, we saw the Barboza fight and we're about to see the Al fight, two very recent common opponents.
People still forget Khabib lost that fight to Tibau. Tibau threw Khabib's takedowns aside like Khabib was a ragdoll. Khabib had absolutely nothing for Tibau that night. The judges must have all been related to Mario Yamasaki.

Iaquinta has a split dec win over Masvidal, hands down his best victory I’d say. That one was a robbery, two judges didn’t know what the hell they were watching. Al kept punching air while marching forward, eating shot after shot from Jorge.

Just look at this!
http://m.espn.com/extra/mma/fightstatistics?fightId=208226&

<{Joewithit}>

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/6071/Al-Iaquinta-vs-Jorge-Masvidal

<36>

His second best W is young Lee, third best maybe Joe Lauzon?
Easy fight to score, I remember it well. 29-28 Masvidal. Masvidal dominated the first 2 rounds and played with AL. Al came on in the 3rd but judges sucked in that one too. They hate Masvidal for some reason. Maybe because he's boring? I don't know.

This is the perfect weekend for an underdog lottery ticket parlay.

Iaquinta at +250
Frank Mir +115
Sergio Pettis +150
Jim Miller +255
Bobby Green +205
Liam Mcgeary +190
Neiman Gracie +310

I plan on knocking these bookies dead this weekend.
I think you lose every one of those except Pettis. I'm not familiar with Bobby Green's opponent or Frank Mir's. Frank is a can at this point, I think Lee is gonna win going away and I don't have much confidence in you and your picks. I would bet the opposite if I was a betting man.

Styles make fights.

Lee is shitty striker and good wrestler with bad cardio

Iaquinta is a dangerous striker with good tdd and good cardio

This is a five round fight

All of this pony talk about Lee getting so much better is going to be put on blast.

He beat a Phenom from Motown before. So there’s that.

Al’s resume isn’t super impressive but it’s not like Lee’s is either.

what has Al done that's impressive?

go 5 rds with a decision master?

KO Diego?

barely beat Jorge Masvidal?

his career isn't exactly sparkling with impressive wins either. he's fought basically a bunch of mid to lower tier fighters until he got Khabib on short notice.

finishing Trinaldo and Barboza is above anything Iaquinta has done.

<WellThere>

Are you really mentioning beating a 40 year old journeyman as one of Lee’s top 2 accomplishments? Is this real life? Fucking lol

<WellThere>

Are you really mentioning beating a 40 year old journeyman as one of Lee’s top 2 accomplishments? Is this real life? Fucking lol

23-6 is a better record than Al Iaquinta.

Al has half the wins and nearly as much losses.

NEEEEEEXT.

He beat a Phenom from Motown before. So there’s that.

Al’s resume isn’t super impressive but it’s not like Lee’s is either.

he beat better guys than Al Iaquinta.

Iaquinta's best win is Kevin Lee himself. think about that.

The 5 round aspect is a bit scary but Lee will submit him and once again outdo Khabib.
Lee got a shell of Barboza after the Tony and Khabib beatdowns. Yet Barboza made him do the best Stanky Leg dance of 2018, hell, maybe in the history of the UFC.

I love how Kevin still gets Sherdog's panties in a bunch. Nothing is certain in MMA, but in all likelihood, Kevin will absolutely smoke Al come Saturday.

Back