News Kevin Holland vs Michał Oleksiejczuk set for UFC 302 on June 1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Fight makes sense at 185, but it feels a bit off since Holland is currently #15 at welterweight.

I guess he's sacrificing that ranking, and I'm just not totally sure why.

I suppose he just likes the fight and sees it as a great chance to claim a respectable win.

They needed a fight to replace Dolidze/Fluffy, this is a downgrade but should be fun. Couldn't do much better on 2+ weeks notice.

Michal a good hammer but bad nail … holland too durable for him to finish … holland finishes him

Guess Holland feels he has hit his ceiling at Welterweight and gonna give Middleweight another go.
Honestly i never liked him at WW. The commentators would always talk about how it was such a great move for him.. but he looked too scrawny and drained to me

At MW he had more power and looked better. He ran into some problems with wrestlers but even against Bronson he had moments and I think MW he was a legit top 10 guy at one point. So moving back up is a good move for him.

Honestly i never liked him at WW. The commentators would always talk about how it was such a great move for him.. but he looked too scrawny and drained to me

At MW he had more power and looked better. He ran into some problems with wrestlers but even against Bronson he had moments and I think MW he was a legit top 10 guy at one point. So moving back up is a good move for him.
His problem is always going to be wrestlers no matter what division he is at and he has openly stated he hates cutting weight so hopefully this move back to Middleweight is permanent.

How is Michal getting a ranked opponent while he has been KOed in 1 minute 2 months ago?

The striking at range should be fun and Holland doesn’t tend to push a pace that would make Michal gas or fold so while Michal has his flaws of cardio he should be able to fight within his comfort zone since Holland prefers to snipe long shots. This reminds me of Chidi vs Michal where both men have different tools at the same range and a ton of firepower. Michal did a good job of tagging Barralho too before Barralho adjusted so this is certainly a tough fight which Holland will need to use his full toolbox imo.

The more I look into this fight the more I think Michal’s boxing, combinations and size can get him into a groove like Ponzi was able to but with how Holland has sorta watched his last 2 fights slip away at a slow pace I’m assuming he comes out aggressive here and wills his way to a finish pushing a pace that he doesn’t usually push and forcing Michal to gas and fold.

It's a shame to see Holland leaving 170 but I do like this fight. Winnable fight for both men. I'll back Holland in this one though

Back