Kentucky Derby and Beyond (Part Deuce)

Hmm, maybe I should get back into boxing after all these crappy picks. <45>

Canada just allowed online betting on sports last week, so it's an option now at least. I used to bet it back in the day when I still followed modern boxing somewhat. But I barely know who any of the fighters are anymore, so I wouldn't even know where to start. :(:D
I've been waiting here in NY for online to go legal too. Glad you guys got it federally legalized, it's a longtime coming for online betting. It gives ppl like me hope that maybe I could make half a living out of it. NYS has legalized sports betting but the online betting thing gets a bit complicated. Not that I do that stuff..

Let me know if you get back into boxing betting, I know a cpl sites you might like and all that. Some of us made a killing on Ugas over Pac the other week.

I've been waiting here in NY for online to go legal too. Glad you guys got it federally legalized, it's a longtime coming for online betting. It gives ppl like me hope that maybe I could make half a living out of it. NYS has legalized sports betting but the online betting thing gets a bit complicated. Not that I do that stuff..

Let me know if you get back into boxing betting, I know a cpl sites you might like and all that. Some of us made a killing on Ugas over Pac the other week.

My wife works for BCLC out here, so she's been handling a lot of sports bets recently. She can be like my own personal bookie if I do get back into it. :D Yeah, probably not. Laws and stuff.

Hopefully you guys can get the go ahead down there as well. It's got to be an eventuality, though, with how much can be made off suckers like us.

I'll let you know for sure. And if you're into betting turf races, Kentucky Downs is starting their meet on Sunday. Probably the best betting meet in America if into turf racing with it's industry low takeout, full fields, etc. Very player friendly. I may shift my focus there myself too since these dirt races haven't been all that kind to me lately. :(

I'm trying this 5 horse in race 8. Currently 6/1.

Not close again. Got the lead out of the 1st turn and held it before fading badly late.

This song is speaking somewhat to my handicapping abilities so far this year with the title describing the streak I've been on lately. :(

Last edited:
Trying again with a look at a few more races from Saratoga today (ranked in order);

Race 3 - 6, 5, 3, 1

Race 4 - 3, 7, 9, 11

Race 8 - 1, 7, 4, 3

The 6 in race 3 at 9/2 ML and 7 in race 8 at 8/1 ML look most appealing right now based on those morning lines.

Reactions: t6p
Hopefully @t6p , @BluntTrauma21 , and anyone else on here is okay with all the flooding going on down there.

All good here Shark! But thanks for checking in. Glad to hear @BluntTrauma21 didn't have any major issues with the storm either.

Great to hear about you guys getting legalized online sports betting. I feel like it's so long overdue for us in NY. Of course, the amount of bets I make has dropped off hard, but maybe that would get me motivated again, or maybe not, who knows haha.

GL with Saratoga today bud. If I could watch I'd be playing along.

All good here Shark! But thanks for checking in. Glad to hear @BluntTrauma21 didn't have any major issues with the storm either.

Great to hear about you guys getting legalized online sports betting. I feel like it's so long overdue for us in NY. Of course, the amount of bets I make has dropped off hard, but maybe that would get me motivated again, or maybe not, who knows haha.

Good to see you bruv. Glad you missed most of it too.

That's great to hear, T. I was worried about you guys. Hopefully everything else is alright with you too. As much as they can be in these crazy times anyways.

Sports betting has got to happen sometime soon for you guys down there I'd imagine. And I hear ya on the motivation. Where the day takes you and all that, I guess. :)

Thanks for the good luck wishes as well. God knows I can use some.

Did up a couple more races from Saratoga this morning now that I got some coffee in me;

Race 5 - 2, 5, 1, 4

Race 7 - 3, 1, 6, 8

Race 5 doesn't have much appeal really with a lot of erratic form throughout the field and with the ML choices still ranked at the top. But maybe they'll let one slip through price-wise. The 7th looks appealing enough to me, though.

Pick 3 for races 3 to 5 - 5, 6 / 3, 7 / 2

Double for races 7 & 8 - 3 / 1, 7

Being the typical superstitious gambler type, I've been rocking out to The Running Mates original music this morning too, hoping I can get a little luck again that way. So friggin good, though!

Pick 3 for races 3 to 5 - 5, 6 / 3, 7 / 2

Double for races 7 & 8 - 3 / 1, 7

Being the typical superstitious gambler type, I've been rocking out to The Running Mates original music this morning too, hoping I can get a little luck again that way. So friggin good, though!

4, 5, 3, 6 in the 3rd and ends my pick 3 already. :confused:

Gonna try this 7 horse in the 4th.

Could only manage 4th in that, which brings my losing streak to something like 0 for 50. Thereabouts. <45>

I'll try again at Saratoga tomorrow with some decent graded stakes race on tap. Maybe take a stab at the late pick-5 as well;

Race 2 - 2, 3, 4, 5

Race 4 - 7, 3, 5, 4

Race 5 - 6, 1, 2, 5

Race 8 - 4, 5, 6, 1

Race 9 - 1A, 6, 7, 2

Race 10 - 3, 1, 8, 10

Race 11 - 3, 4, 1, 5

Race 12 - 1, 4, 2, 5

Going to play the 2 in race 2. Shorter priced, but I have some distance between him and the horse I ranked 2nd.

What's the point? He was awful. <45>

Double for races 4 & 5 - 7 / 1, 6

Pick 5 for races 8 to 12 - 4, 5, 6 / 1 / 3 / 3 / 1

Gonna try Kentucky Downs tomorrow and make it another day, another chance to burn a little bit more away;

Race 1 - 3, 4, 2, 10
Race 4 - 9, 1, 8, 2
Race 5 - 8, 5, 1, 4
Race 6 - 8, 6, 2, 1
Race 7 - 4, 3, 2, 12
Race 8 - 10, 9, 4, 6
Race 9 - 8, 11, 2, 6

They two know. And knew. I mean, because of course they do. Being the prophetic pair they are at times;

I guess I'll get the losing started by playing this #4 in race 1. Currently 13/1 with under 10 minutes to post, but it'll probably come down some from that based on the doubles.

Back