Kentucky Derby and Beyond (Part Deuce)

4, 10, 9, 3 at the line.

Finally got one in here at a nice 8/1.

Reactions: t6p
Oh, what's this we've uncovered recently? Besides the reminder that these two kinda knew 4 years in advance that the world would end up in a bit of a mess right now.

These two know. And knew. I mean, because of course they do. Being the prophetic pair they are at times;

Mind reading? Time traveling? An enchanter? Magic? The familiar northern lights dancing around the underground? What kind of voodoo is this? :eek::confused: And to split the duo just to try to hide their secret gifts of foresight? Too sneaky I tell ya. But we're on to them. I think anyways.

See guys. They really do know. I knew it. I mean, that they knew it. You know? That they're hooked up somehow. At least we know it too now though. Sorta. :confused: But I'd keep an eye on these two. o_O Especially Mr. Mate, because I'm thinking he may be the one who's really connected here. Now if only we could just decode their artform then who knows (besides them of course). Perhaps we might never lose another bet again.

Anyways. :oops:

Right. Let's get our focus back on the ponies and look at a race. If I can.

Race 8 at Parx tomorrow (Tuesday) looks like it may be an okay betting race considering I only have the ML favourite ranked 4th of 10 overall. These are the three I have ahead of him and with some fair odds I've come up with. Really the only three I care to look at too.

#6 - 37.3% = 1.7/1 (9/2 ML)
#7 - 20.6% = 3.8/1 (8/1 ML)
#2 - 9.7% = 9.3/1 (15/1 ML)

We'll see how the public plays it though. Sometimes the ML makers at tracks like these end up way off with their predictions come post time.

Edit: The #6 is named Li'lbito'charm whereas the #7 is named Chronology. A bit of a hint from above perhaps? o_O

Last edited:
Holy shit all three horses for that race got scratched? At least that's what one of my race books is saying... That's insane, how unlucky can you get w/ this? Sorry, Shark.

Holy shit all three horses for that race got scratched? At least that's what one of my race books is saying... That's insane, how unlucky can you get w/ this? Sorry, Shark.

Just noticed that now. The only three scratches as well. Too funny. <45>

I'm not able to get the live stream from Parx working either, which is strange. That's never happened before. I mean, what kind of voodoo shit is this? <45>

They must've known my picks were crap from the get-go. They had to have of. The only explanation I can think of really. :confused::eek:

10, 3, 4, 1 is how I have the rest of the field.

The 3 crapped the bed badly last time out after a really long layoff of over a year. But she has back races and is also patterned up coming out of the race with the NPT, E2, and HLS angles from it. Plus it's going to be the longest shot of those four. The 3 horse with 3 patterns after 3 scratches? Hmm, tempting. <45>

Yeah, I might as well take a small flyer on this 3 horse. Looks like it will be the 2nd longest shot on the board come post time, so why not. Dare to be different and all that. No expectations though.

1, 8, 5, 10 was the order. The 3 was 22/1 in the end and I'm guessing ran like it too considering. :oops::D

What do I have to do? No really, what do I have to do when winning a bet playing this game has become so hard to get? :confused:

All goofiness aside, though, I hope at least a few of you check these guys out. Their youtube channel is full of great cover songs and some originals too. And if you'd like to hear a married couple rock out some, their own music does exactly that with both their EP and LP that they released a few years back. Both are really, really good front to back. Plus they're just good people, you know. Very easy to root for.

And even if the wins have been tough to come by I'm still going to try with Belmont's fall meet opening up tomorrow. I did up a few races from there earlier today;

Race 3 - 3, 1, 2
Race 6 - 7, 6, 5
Race 7 - 4, 1A, 6
Race 8 - 1, 6, 3

A couple of them look chalky, but maybe some prices will show themselves. Perhaps in the pick-3 sequence in races 6-8 even. o_O

Giving Woodbine a look tomorrow with it being one of their big days and with these having the most appeal right now before scratches, final odds and everything;

Race 3 - #2 Our Secret Agent (9/2 ML)
Race 4 - #8 Richies Noble Girl (4/1 ML)
Race 5 - #2 Teacher's Pet (4/1 ML)
Race 7 - #4 Miracle Silver (12/1 ML)
Race 10- #5 Set Piece (5/2 ML) *hoping Chad Brown's runner gets all the money here and this guy drifts up some from ML*
Race 11- #7 Silent Jimmie (12/1 ML)

And if tomorrow doesn't work out well I may just concede to Mike's advice here, call this game too unpredictable, and just start betting straight random from now on. :confused::D

I have them ranked 3, 2, 5 in race 3, but I'll try to get the 2 home as the best price of the three.

She was last of 5 at the line because of course. :rolleyes:<45>

8 / 5, 6, 11 exacta for me in race 4. Trying to beat the 9 out of the top two basically.

The last big 3 year-old race of the year coming up on Saturday in the G1 Pennsylvania Derby;

Baffert pulled Medina Spirit out already, and from what I hear it was due to the post position he drew. That kinda sucks because he would've taken his fair share of the money. That's likely to leave Hot Rod Charlie as a big favourite. It should still be a good race though. There'll be other good graded stakes races on the card as well with this being Parx big day of the year.

Shitty news and it basically makes the race unplayable for me now, as I was hoping to use this guy as the counter horse at good odds to try to beat Midnight Bourbon out of the top 2.

But I'd keep an eye on these two. o_O Especially Mr. Mate, because I'm thinking he may be the one who's really connected here.

I can believe that and sometimes you can only be grateful when you're messed up enough to see those crazy little sequences of colour that others show. You know. :D:confused: Especially when they shine a bit of light on an otherwise sad situation.

On a related horse racing note, it was cool to see Hot Rod Charlie finally get his first official Grade 1 win after being DQ'd from 1st in the Haskell a couple months back. Really looking forward to him and Essential Quality hooking up again in another Breeder's Cup with this time being the Classic.

Back