Kentucky Derby and Beyond (Part Deuce)

The #3 Rockemperor will be a decent price in the Sword Dancer.

One of the craziest things I've ever seen at the track;

I was on Firenze Fire (8/1) in this one too and it looked like he was going to win the race before losing his mind. <45>

If Essential Quality does what he's supposed to do in the Travers then Firenze Fire losing his mind like he did will have cost me the pick-6 of at least a few hundred. :D

I can't be mad, though. I didn't invest much, got to see something I've never seen before, as well as some great racing

1 / 2, 8 / 2 / 1, 6 / 2, 3 / 2

Reactions: t6p
Might as well take a tiny flyer on the #6 Masqueparade in the Travers hoping he can get to the front, take little pressure, and maybe wire the field. Quite unlikely, but the price will be right.

Just a small example of why I adore to these two so much. Even when their music and colours throw me for a loop. :confused:

I'm still a bit shocked right now with what happened Saturday, which, when you're out of your mind like I am, doesn't happen too often. Not just the races either. The Travers result was a small part. It's the sequence of numbers and colours that some prophetic friends showed me earlier in the year with other stuff. Kind of unbelievable. Yet still quite amazing. At least to me at least. But, then again, I am a bit out there apparently. :confused:

And I did mention I was looking for a spark to get back into this didn't I? Maybe now that the smoke has been cleared around here for a few weeks. :)

A few races I did up last night for Saratoga today;

==========

Race 1 (Turf);

#6 - 99.0
#1 - 96.8
#4 - 96.7
#5 - 95.1
#8 - 94.1
#2 - 93.4

==========

Race 4;

#5 - 107.5
#2 - 105.8
#1 - 105.6
#4 - 105.5
#3 - 104.7

==========

Race 8;

#5 - 103.4
#4 - 103.1
#1 - 102.6
#8 - 101.1
#6 - 100.8
#10- 100.4
#3 - 100.2
#2 - 100.0
#7 - 98.8
#9 - 97.8
#11- 97.2

==========

Just saw that race 1 is off the turf, so I won't bother with that one.

I wouldn't have been looking at them anyways, but 2, 3, 9, 11 are also scratched from race 8.

Last edited:
Hopefully @t6p , @BluntTrauma21 , and anyone else on here is okay with all the flooding going on down there.
Yeah I'm all good not great weather but I'm up farther North than where the bad shit is happening. Don't know how bad T has it rn tho, hope all is well w/ him.

Funny that you mentioned me I was actually talking about you recently. I know you mostly for teaching me about the ponies but you actually were first known to me for you being a boxing aficionado hence the Sharkey name, I assume. And Consortium plagiarizing your stuff and all that. I'm surprised I don't hear from you more on boxing nowadays. Have you kinda fell out of love w/ it?

I know you have a bunch of knowledge but I don't see you dropping it as much as you do the horses these days... I just had a great boxing convo w/ my brother recently it's hard to find hardcore fans, I'm lucky in that respect.

I wonder what you know compared to us. Not to kiss ass but you're known as kind of a legend on boxing in this forum as well as horse racing, maybe even moreso w/ boxing, which it's weird b/c ppl who aren't big boxing fans might not know that about you.

Anyway I saw that the Travers happened recently and EQ or somebody ran down another horse (Midnight Bourbon maybe?) at the last second. Was frustrated w/ myself I didn't have that one on the calendar. You know I love a nice closer. Maybe I should check out the turf races more often since they seem to have last sec wins more often. More variance it would seem tho as well. Any other races we should be looking forward to soon? I feel like there's a big one this time a year right around the corner and you know I've been killing the big races this year ;).

Yeah I'm all good not great weather but I'm up farther North than where the bad shit is happening. Don't know how bad T has it rn tho, hope all is well w/ him.

Funny that you mentioned me I was actually talking about you recently. I know you mostly for teaching me about the ponies but you actually were first known to me for you being a boxing aficionado hence the Sharkey name, I assume. And Consortium plagiarizing your stuff and all that. I'm surprised I don't hear from you more on boxing nowadays. Have you kinda fell out of love w/ it?

I know you have a bunch of knowledge but I don't see you dropping it as much as you do the horses these days... I just had a great boxing convo w/ my brother recently it's hard to find hardcore fans, I'm lucky in that respect.

I wonder what you know compared to us. Not to kiss ass but you're known as kind of a legend on boxing in this forum as well as horse racing, maybe even moreso w/ boxing, which it's weird b/c ppl who aren't big boxing fans might not know that about you.

Anyway I saw that the Travers happened recently and EQ or somebody ran down another horse (Midnight Bourbon maybe?) at the last second. Was frustrated w/ myself I didn't have that one on the calendar. You know I love a nice closer. Maybe I should check out the turf races more often since they seem to have last sec wins more often. More variance it would seem tho as well. Any other races we should be looking forward to soon? I feel like there's a big one this time a year right around the corner and you know I've been killing the big races this year ;).

Great to hear you avoided the worst of it, bud. It's crazy how that storm went through the states and so quickly to. I'm really glad you guys are okay, though. Hopefully the same goes for T and anyone else. It just seems like the US haven't been able to catch a break at all over the last couple of years whether it's the virus, political division, storms, fires, etc. If it's not one thing then it's the other. It's too much.

And you're being way too kind with the boxing. But thanks a lot for them. And yeah, I've kinda lost interest in boxing history over the last few years. I still have a decent book collection that I refer to once in a while just to keep some interest going. But I'm not nearly into as much as I used to be. That was probably happening before the Consortium incident, though, so I don't think that had anything to do with it. Just one of those things, I guess, where interests change, you know.

I've always thought turf racing could be your thing too. Just because of the way they tend to be ran where the last move is the best move. But there's also more randomness to it just because of how the fields get bunched up coming off the far turn and into the stretch. Makes them much more trip dependent than dirt races, which usually sees the horses have more space to use their late energy. Turf races can also pay better too because of them being less predictable because of the importance of trip. Then again, you can also be more prone to longer cold streaks too.

I almost forgot to get a small bet in on this #5 horse in race 4 as they head to post. He's only 2/1, though, so it's not like I would be missing anything. :D

I almost forgot to get a small bet in on this #5 horse in race 4 as they head to post. He's only 2/1, though, so it's not like I would be missing anything. :D

Poor effort in finishing 4th.

Hmm, maybe I should get back into boxing after all these crappy picks. <45>

Canada just allowed online betting on sports last week, so it's an option now at least. I used to bet it back in the day when I still followed modern boxing somewhat. But I barely know who any of the fighters are anymore, so I wouldn't even know where to start. :(:D

And @BluntTrauma21 the G1 Jockey Club Gold Cup is coming up on Saturday at Saratoga. It's not nearly as prestigious as it once when it used to be the biggest race on the east coast before the Breeder's Cup came around. But it's still a pretty big race and were likely to see some BC Classic runners come out of it.

And I'll be tailing you if you do look at it I'm thinking. :D

The JCGC is only a six horse field, so maybe it's not all that appealing afterall. :rolleyes:

Race 8;

#5 - 103.4
#4 - 103.1
#1 - 102.6
#8 - 101.1
#6 - 100.8
#10- 100.4
#3 - 100.2
#2 - 100.0
#7 - 98.8
#9 - 97.8
#11- 97.2

==========

Based on the will pays in race 7, the #5 in race 8 is looking like he'll be going off as the 4th choice in the betting. Not that I'd recommend the bet or anything with the way I've been going lately. :oops:

Back