Kendrick Lamar v Drake beef

I don’t even know who one of these guys is (Kendrick Lamar). Like I’m aware of him, in that I’ve heard of him and know he’s a rapper but I don’t know any of his music or even what he looks like.

I heard the name Kendrick Lamar and honestly my first thought was 'Isn't that an NBA player?' Pretty good rap for a basketball player.

I could not give less of a shit about either of these two

Well guess you're coming in hot to break up the ensuing gay slap-fight.

Why would it be over him? Does this industry frown upon deadbeat dads now?

How the game has changed

Yeah, I didn’t really understand that statement either. Like it’s always been pretty typical of rappers to have lots of bastard children with many different women. Like Eazy E had 11 children with 8 different women which is pretty impressive since he died at age 30. And before someone says “well that was back in the 90s” doesn’t that Nick Cannon guy have like a dozen kids with god knows how many women?

I liked that song but I don’t understand how it answers the question. You’ll need to provide some context for us 40 year old suburban dads.

I normally couldn't care less about some "rap beef", but some co-workers were talking/laughing about some of the lines dropped by both of them (but more so Kendrick's). So, I decided to check it out, and there are some good lines/bars/whatever. But, as a complete work "Meet the Graham's" is the best output so far imo by either of them head to head.

Last edited:
2Pac grew up in a good home. He attended school with Jada Pinkett. Here is a video of him at 17:

2Pac later got caught up in gang culture and hung around with the bloods he met after signing with Death Row, which ultimately led to his demise when he started a fight with a random gangbanger at the MGM.Unlike 2Pac, Lamar has never pretended to be a gangster. Has never glorified that lifestyle at all. The fact he's never been shot is irrelevant because he's never placed himself in a situation to be shot. And he doesn't brag about being a gangster in his lyrics either. He's more honest than 2Pac.

2pac's mom was a crack addict.

He did not grow up in a good home lol

This was an epic battle that got ruined by Kendrick fanboys and Drake haters. Fanboys ruined everything I swear.

I rank the tracks like this:

Family Matters - drake
Euphoria - kendrick
Push Ups - drake
Not like us - kendrick
Meet the Grahams - kendrick
Heart part 6 - drake
Taylor made - drake
6:16 - kendrick

This always came across as an act to me -and I’m not a 2-Pac fan for the record. But his ‘older’ interviews always came across as him trying to be this overly nice guy. I think the ‘thug’ persona he had later was closer to who he really was tbh

I’ve seen people here mention Kendrick as a potential GOAT. He doesn’t even hold a candle to Kanye.
Music ultimately comes down to personal taste. Kanye made three good albums at the start of his career, and I haven't really heard much else that's good since. I don't really start liking Kendrick's music until TPAB, but IMO TPAB and Mr. Morale beat out Kanye's first three albums in terms of quality of the lyricism and creativity (granted, the styles are completely different). At the end of the day, no one beats Ka for me though. Can't say I've heard any rappers who even come close to him

This was an epic battle that got ruined by Kendrick fanboys and Drake haters. Fanboys ruined everything I swear.
Idk about epic, Kendrick was the only one who could actually write well in this whole beef. Would have preferred if it was J Cole or something. I don't like J Cole, but he can write better than Drake at least

Back