News Kayla Harrison to Invicta. Then UFC?

• Thread starter Deleted member 576123
  • Start date
Yeah, her style is boring, but I'mjust talking about her skill set. I can differentiate skillset being boring vs it being effective. I don't see what she has for amanda. I've watched a couple of her fights on youtube just to understand the hype she has. She's a judoka that has takedowns. None of those takedowns really require much set up. Her striking is almost non existent. She's 30. Which kinda limits her window. She's in her prime but her skillset hasn't caught up with it.

I hope it does, I hope she just comes to the ufc, cleans division and face nunez, but I don't see that happening.

I don't think her and Amanda would fight each other anyway, they're training partners.

Oh, I stand corrected in that case.
“I don’t think that’s any time soon. And if it does happen. My hope is we can do it with mutual respect. And we don’t become Jorge and Colby. I would never want to be like that. I respect her too much. I’m still in the beginning of my career. I know I have a lot to prove to consider being ready to step in the cage with her.” says Kayla H

https://www.essentiallysports.com/u...rison-on-a-potential-fight-with-amanda-nunes/

Just a little humor I think I found Kayla older sister on the ISS space station.

Last edited:
Nah, she's attractive imo. But some of that is off put by her muscle mass. I wonder how she looks when she's off-season. I knew a body builder when she was in season for competition, she had so much damn muscle mass. She was ripped as a manlet. But when she wasn't in season, she was soft and curvy for a lack of better word.
Here she is dressed up nice for a party.

From Sherdog front page.

Kayla Harrison is going to try out 145lb at Invicta.
She won the PFL and is a very handy judoka. I know there'll be Ronda comparisons but Kayla seems much more Judo reliant and no false sense of world champion boxing.

Invicta is still UFC's feeder, isn't it?

Lance Palmer pfl champ whos suing the company. Straight from the co founder as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insider.com/how-professional-fighters-league-wants-to-change-mma-forever-2020-5?amp

Btw Harrison is suing to get out of her pfl contract as well so no she doesnt want to go back.

Pfl letting her fight in Invicta to get her out of the lawsuit and in 2021 season.

Well, not only did she make weight without issue, but she brutalized her opponent.

Seems like 145 won't be an issue.

Well, not only did she make weight without issue, but she brutalized her opponent.

Yeah. She would give Amanda a hard time, and might even beat her.

No, they accept guests too.

Next year she's back in PFL.
All PFL fighters have certain salary for 2020, that's why not many jumped the ship
She's currently suing with PFL, definitely not a lock she returns

She said just after her win that she plans one more fight with Invicta, then returning for the PFL season.

She said just after her win that she plans one more fight with Invicta, then returning for the PFL season.

Yeah, the way she said it did make me think that she plans next year being her last with the PFL though.

Looked healthy at the weigh ins. She's had a plan for her weight long term since the beginning. Looks like her approach is working out very well.

Also

I know her from college!

Yeah. She would give Amanda a hard time, and might even beat her.

IMO, she doesn't stand a chance against Amanda. JMO, but Amanda has a whole tool box of skills, not just judo.

IMO, she doesn't stand a chance against Amanda. JMO, but Amanda has a whole tool box of skills, not just judo.

you are right she doesn't have a chance yet. However, Nunes can be taken down and held down especially by a monster like Kayla. Zingano was able to make a wrestling/GNP strategy work.

She definitely needs several more fights against increasingly tough competition before even considering it.

Nunes has 3x more pro fights than Harrison does...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back