News Kayla Harrison Officially Signs with the UFC, will Fight Holly Holm at UFC 300

Kinda figured she was going to the UFC when Ariel interviewed her right after the PFL/Bellator merger news happened.

He asked her how excited she was to fight Cyborg and for her future with the promotion, and she gave a super wishy washy "we'll see what happens" kind of response.

So this doesn't surprise me at all, but it still makes no sense. She fights at 155 no?

The UFC signing women without a division to support them hasn't paid off on the past. Can't see it paying off here either.
Yeah, I kinda noticed, too, that there wasn't a ton of anticipation from Kayla for a Cyborg fight. Meanwhile, Cyborg has been relentlessly stalking Kayla on social media, for months, trying to hype a potential fight. After that boxing match Cyborg had last weekend, the timing on this is funny. Not saying that she's afraid of Cyborg or anything, but I bet if I go to any of Cyborg's socials, she's already saying it, herself.

Bummed we couldn't have gotten that in before she bounced. Would have been a better potential win for Kayla than over, legitimately, any opponent the UFC can muster.

With USADA out too, lmao. Such a lame fight Holly is old as fuck and wasn’t necessarily must see TV in her prime, outside of the Ronda fight most of her fights have been painful to watch.

Her management is really smart, and did a great job with her career.

She knows that she can't get an easy million in PFL anymore. It's high time to take a pay check in exchange for exposure, and she's debuting on the biggest show so it'll be a good pay check none the less.

Damn you're fast.

Edit - Would like to add that Holly Holm will be 42.5 years old by UFC300. She's 1-2 in the last 3 years. This is a gimmie fight for a huge debut at UFC300 that will be the face of WMMA for the next few years at least.

Holly lost to a girl that popped for peds for her last fight. It was overturned to a NC. So you’ve gotten her record wrong.

Btw, if this takes place at 136. I’ll probably pick Holly to win that fight.

How the fuck does Harrison make BW?

At 145 in Invicta looked a little shaky.

136 pounds. I can’t see it.

Relaunching the FW division?

Afterwards, I mean.

If she's smart she'll do a test-cut before her camp.

Very stupid to cut 10 additional pounds for the first time for the biggest debut in WMMA history on the biggest card imaginable.

I mean, 145? Holly is outta her prime, is this really a big fight? Kayla also lost recently at wsof iirc

Aspinall revealing ufc offered him stipe tells me all i need to know, this card is not gonna be what we expected at all,sadly.
I know theres still time for them to bolster 300. But yeah at this rate i'm looking forward to 299 way more than I am 300 at this point.

No one actually watched the video it seems, he said she is fighting at BW
Did not watch it. I try to avoid hearing Dana talk if possible. His voice is bad for the long term health of your ears.

Bw makes way more sense but that'll be a hell of a cut

These wmma fights aren't bad, but just not feeling like 300 quality. Cool curveball. But hard to get excited. Probably be at 145lbs at the lowest weight. Only 2 more fights now and one of them supposedly is Belal/Leon.

These wmma fights aren't bad, but just not feeling like 300 quality. Cool curveball. But hard to get excited. Probably be at 145lbs at the lowest weight. Only 2 more fights now and one of them supposedly is Belal/Leon.
It’s at 135

Check it. I called back in our unranked fighters game. I had a feeling.

Good call. The weight, though. She’s a LW. A big LW.

Let’s say this..

Compare her to Cyborg who was signed for BW. Her first fight was 140. She never went lower in the UFC.

Bring in Kayla who misses weight. Whatever with Holly. But they re-ignite FW, afterwards.

Get Norma, and Macy at their natural weights. Maybe even draw out a fight from Amanda for that 145 belt.

I’m just sayin..

No.

Even Ariel didn’t see this one coming. That’s the attraction.. For me, anyway.

Out of the blue a fight with those 2..at that weight?

Never saw that coming at all. I like it.

Back