Kavanagh says he wants Conor vs. Gaejthe at 170 next

How about fighting lightweights at lightweight and if you want to fight at 170 fight the welterweights that currently compete there.

Last edited:
Great fight but doubt the ufc books it- dangerous for Connor and hard to see where to from there if he loses.

How does it ruin anything?

It's just 2 LW's not cutting weight and then instantly rehydrating over the next 24 hours, if anything it should make for a better fight.

I think it'll become quite common over the next few years, fights are just much easier to make on those terms.
Doesn't move rankings. Also JG is a small LW. He barely cuts to get there. It isn't benefiting Justin for a potential title eliminator, or moving the rankings any when it is needed. It ruins plenty. We need to stop making fights like this. Fight in a division you want, sure. But all this back and forth, and "I wanna fight for the 155 belt, but 170 looks good too."

Make a decision. Stop stumping divisions. If he doesn't want to fight at 155 anymore and doesn't want the cut, then so be it. However, Conor knows he isn't getting far in the WW rankings..so he's picking his battles and not benefiting shit except himself. Tired of the Conor show. It isn't about him. Other fights and divisions need worked out. The Cerrone fight being at 170 was stupid enough.

Conor said part of the reason he wants to fight at 170 is he will be able to fight more often if doesn't have to keep putting his body through the cut and hydrate, pretty sure most of the roster would also prefer it, in reality he's doing what we all usually think they should all be doing anyway, fighting guys roughly at their natural weight.

Why should any other LW bother cutting weight while Conor is allowed to do "forego" weight cutting taking 155 fights.

I don't get why people get so anal about weight cuts. If both fighters are about the same size and its a non-title fight then why not? Makes perfect sense and is good for both fighters health long term.

Probably benefits Justin more if anything, he never fought at 45 and isn't he a couple of inches taller than Conor?

Only ruining the sport if you care more about divisions and titles than fights.
well fights are better when they make sense, I would love to see thomson vs conor as a fight, but it doesn't make any sense, ranking wise. Here gaethje vs conor at 170 doesn't make any sense either ranking wise.

Wouldn’t mind that fight. Both got that knockout power...
PastelVapidIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif

images

All I have to say on who would win is...
giphy.gif

well I talk as an MMA fan, and all this BS is legit ruining the sport, we created division for a reason, fighters abilities are not the same depending on the division and the weight you fight at. If you want to fight at WW, you are in the WW rankings, not the LW rankings.

So what is next ? only the LW championship fight are at 155 lbs, and all the other lw contender fights weigh in at 170 ? WW contender fights weigh in at 185 ? MW contender fights weigh in at 205 ?
Sounds like a plan.

They still with that bullshit 170.

Maybe Kevin Lee and Da bronx plus Felder and Hooker shouldn't bother to cut weight either.

I would not be surprised if conor stays at 170lbs....going by his past behavior...he likes something new....wins 145lb belt....then has no desire to defend....moves up to lightweight, and wins title....he feeds off of newness....I see him wanting either to fight either mas or usman....but of course, i could be wrong....

Conor said part of the reason he wants to fight at 170 is he will be able to fight more often if doesn't have to keep putting his body through the cut and hydrate, pretty sure most of the roster would also prefer it, in reality he's doing what we all usually think they should all be doing anyway, fighting guys roughly at their natural weight.
I have no problem with it, at all.

But you have to let other LW's do it too. Felder and Hooker as referenced earlier - the should honestly both tell the UFC they're not going to bother cutting weight if this is the new thing.

I don't get why people get so anal about weight cuts. If both fighters are about the same size and its a non-title fight then why not? Makes perfect sense and is good for both fighters health long term.

Probably benefits Justin more if anything, he never fought at 45 and isn't he a couple of inches taller than Conor?
gaethje is one of the smallest LW, even michael johnson was bigger than him ...

well fights are better when they make sense, I would love to see thomson vs conor as a fight, but it doesn't make any sense, ranking wise. Here gaethje vs conor at 170 doesn't make any sense either ranking wise.
Fights make sense to me based on the skill and style matchups, not based on titles or rankings or records. But I'm a purist, not really into that WWE shit.

I'd sure like to see that fight, Gaethje is intense and fun to watch whoever he fights.

Conor is clearly too undisciplined to cut weight. That’s all there is to it. Cowboy is one thing, but Gaethje??
Kavanugh must want Conor dead.

Gaethje is too slow, easily hitable and doesn't use his wrestling.
Easy night for Conor, Masvidal isn't 100% till July anyway

Conor is clearly too undisciplined to cut weight. That’s all there is to it. Cowboy is one thing, but Gaethje??
Kavanugh must want Conor dead.
Why bother with the weight cut if both fighters are the same size. Benefits the fans too as you'll see a better version of both fighters. Its win win and a no-brainer

Fights make sense to me based on the skill and style matchups, not based on titles or rankings or records. But I'm a purist, not really into that WWE shit.
breaking news : rankings and title are indicator of fighters skills, indeed a non ranked fighter is mostly likely to be less skilled than the champion.

You are interested in the styles match up ? so why not make conor vs davi ramos for exemple ? davi ramos is unranked, but you don't care about that, do you ? an ADCC champion, new type of opponent for conor, something different, clash of styles etc ...

I am joking btw, this fight doesn't make sense, because your logic doesn't make sense.

Joke, those motherfuckers are ruining the sport honestly, what's next ? fighting volkanovski at 170 lbs with the 145 belt on the line ?? or fighting cejudo at 170 for the FLW and BW belt on the line ?

why the fuck should kevin lee, felder, hooker etc cut the weight ? if now fighters who fight at 170 can go up in the LW rankings ?
Yeah, its like, avoiding unnecessary weight cut, how do they dare doing that!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back