Kavanagh says he wants Conor vs. Gaejthe at 170 next

Here come the excuses already lol
Conor KO round 1
not an excuse, conor beat gaethje in my opinion, but it is a fact, maybe you don't like it, but gaethje is one of the smallest LW in the roster. Maybe you have an argument to prove me I am wrong ?

Great fight but doubt the ufc books it- dangerous for Connor and hard to see where to from there if he loses.
Conor should beat Gaethje tbh. Don't forget that Alvarez and Poirier both slept Gaethje.

so let every fighter do the same ! why just one fighter in particular ?
Conor is doing what he always does, setting a trend, if he does it you better believe other will follow.

this is called a hyperbola, a figure of speech that uses extreme exaggeration to make a point or show emphasis. It is the opposite of understatement. Happy to teach you some stuff
I think you mean hyperbole, sensei.

hy·per·bo·la
/hīˈpərbələ/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: hyperbola; plural noun: hyperbolae; plural noun: hyperbolas
  1. a symmetrical open curve formed by the intersection of a circular cone with a plane at a smaller angle with its axis than the side of the cone.
    • MATHEMATICS
      the pair of hyperbolas formed by the intersection of a plane with two equal cones on opposites of the same vertex.

Of course you do, I think fighter would actually be much more active if they all fought much closer to their walk around weight, fuck all that dieting and thinking about the scale, just agree a weight for the fight and train your skills.

I think it could eventually lead to an end of weight cutting as we know it, all the division could be bumped one rung and the docs could assign fighters a weight class based on all those fancy tests they can do, Imagine a time where all your favourite fighters were fighting 4 times a year.
Usman , Max, Khabib would all move up one or two they cut so much

Last edited:
Conor is doing what he always does, setting a trend, if he does it you better believe other will follow.
As far as I know, champions are defending their belts at the moment, maybe they do not follow the trend ?
<JonesDXSuckIt>

the UFC , they are the one to book fight bro. I mean if he weighs in at 170 the athletic commission doesn't let him fight at a 155 fight ...

My point is why is he competing at 155 in the first place when he walks around at 190+ lbs?

Why would it be easier?

Justin would benefit just as much as Conor.
has gaethje any experience at WW ? has gaethje said one time having a tough weigh cut in his career ? it benefit only one man and you know it ...

He didn’t, but we know he can’t make 145 without IVs. And that’s fine. He’s a 155er. But he doesn’t fight at 155, because he doesn’t have the hunger, drive, and discipline to cut to 55. He wants to fight lightweights at 170, and then claim he’s doing amazing shit in that division. He isn’t.
Ok, fair point, he shouldnt be making claims about 170, same goes back to Nate fights, those were the same thing, nothing to do with actual WW's

Justin is 1 inch taller than Conor and a bit thicker too, Conor wouldn't be gaining any advantage fighting at 170.

Your ranking issue can be solved by common sense, it's happened before when catch-weight fights are made, if a 155'er missed weight but they fight anyway they don't adjust ranking for the division above.
That solves nothing. He is "1 inch taller" and "thicker". Dude, Justin is tiny. One of the smallest LW, he legit barely cuts weight to make fight weight. He IS close to his walk around weight. You are contradicting your posts about how fighters would be closer to their mark. Justin would not benefit 170. Only Conor would, he doesn't have to make a cut. And if they fought at 170, there is no advancement for either fighter.
If JG won, where does he go from there? He get a title shot at 155? Doubtful. And it would be asinine.
That doesn't solve the ranking issue, at all. Like what? If you do a catch-weight, because someone misses in that division, of course the fighter who missed doesn't get an opportunity at a belt or movement in the ranking. Has it been any different?
Same goes if both fighters want to meet in the middle. If they are both 155, but decide to fight at 165-170, they aren't fighting for 155 and shouldn't be considered to be fighting for any opportunities in that division.

He didn’t, but we know he can’t make 145 without IVs. And that’s fine. He’s a 155er. But he doesn’t fight at 155, because he doesn’t have the hunger, drive, and discipline to cut to 55. He wants to fight lightweights at 170, and then claim he’s doing amazing shit in that division. He isn’t.
Conor made 145 against Aldo without an IV, not sure why this lie is constantly repeated, it was also his easiest cut to 145 since he had a nutritionist which he had never had until the Siver fight.

My point is why is he competing at 155 in the first place when he walks around at 190+ lbs?
well that's another question, campaigning against weight cutting would be a beautiful action. And I agree with you.
Unfortunately there are no other system in place other than weigh cutting, maybe you know one ?

not an excuse, conor beat gaethje in my opinion, but it is a fact, maybe you don't like it, but gaethje is one of the smallest LW in the roster. Maybe you have an argument to prove me I am wrong ?

You have no facts and seem to be going blind no one considers Gaejthe small, Frankie Edgar was small not Gaejthe.

Last edited:
has gaethje any experience at WW ? has gaethje said one time having a tough weigh cut in his career ? it benefit only one man and you know it ...
Excuses. Conor never fought at WW before Diaz 1 fight. Who cares? you?

Back