Kavanagh says he wants Conor vs. Gaejthe at 170 next

those motherfuckers are ruining the sport honestly

Sherdog: Conor needs to fight Gaejthe!
Sherdog when Conor is proposed to fight gaejthe: This is bullshit! *insert crying about gimme fights/gifted fights*

Whatever. As long as it doesn't grant him a title shot at 155. Dude always needs to take the easy route. Thank you Dana.

Doesn't move rankings. Also JG is a small LW. He barely cuts to get there. It isn't benefiting Justin for a potential title eliminator, or moving the rankings any when it is needed. It ruins plenty. We need to stop making fights like this. Fight in a division you want, sure. But all this back and forth, and "I wanna fight for the 155 belt, but 170 looks good too."

Make a decision. Stop stumping divisions. If he doesn't want to fight at 155 anymore and doesn't want the cut, then so be it. However, Conor knows he isn't getting far in the WW rankings..so he's picking his battles and not benefiting shit except himself. Tired of the Conor show. It isn't about him. Other fights and divisions need worked out. The Cerrone fight being at 170 was stupid enough.
Justin is 1 inch taller than Conor and a bit thicker too, Conor wouldn't be gaining any advantage fighting at 170.

Your ranking issue can be solved by common sense, it's happened before when catch-weight fights are made, if a 155'er missed weight but they fight anyway they don't adjust ranking for the division above.

Conor is clearly too undisciplined to cut weight. That’s all there is to it. Cowboy is one thing, but Gaethje??
Kavanugh must want Conor dead.
The man never missed weight at 145, if anything he is disciplined, now Gaethje? Why not, give the fans what they want.

Sherdog: Conor needs to fight Gaejthe!
Sherdog when Conor is proposed to fight gaejthe: This is bullshit! *insert crying about gimme fights/gifted fights*
I am not sherdog, I am just me ... and yes fighting LW contenders at 170 is killing the sport.

Why bother with the weight cut if both fighters are the same size. Benefits the fans too as you'll see a better version of both fighters. Its win win and a no-brainer
Weight cutting itself is a whole different debate. I’m more annoyed that everyone has to kill themselves making weight, but Conor doesn’t, because he’s “special.” If Conor wants to take credit for getting a finish in “a third division,” then fight at that division. Fight a real welterweight. He won’t, because he knows he’ll get vaporized.

They still with that bullshit 170.

Maybe Kevin Lee and Da bronx plus Felder and Hooker shouldn't bother to cut weight either.

Honestly we should get rid of weight cutting altogether. Everyone fight at walking weight. Administer regular hydration tests

this is called a hyperbola, a figure of speech that uses extreme exaggeration to make a point or show emphasis. It is the opposite of understatement. Happy to teach you some stuff
*hyperbole

Hyperbola is a curve in mathematics. Out of curiosity did you finish high school?

They still with that bullshit 170.

Maybe Kevin Lee and Da bronx plus Felder and Hooker shouldn't bother to cut weight either.
He wants to fight natural lightweights at 170 so he doesn't have to cut weight.

In some ways that should be the norm. If Gaethje and Conor both fight in the Octagon at 170-175, then that's the weight class they should fight at. Weight cutting is stupid, and should be banned.

Joke, those motherfuckers are ruining the sport honestly, what's next ? fighting volkanovski at 170 lbs with the 145 belt on the line ? or fighting cejudo at 170 for the FLW and BW belt on the line ?

why the fuck should kevin lee, felder, hooker etc cut the weight ? if now fighters who fight at 170 can go up in the LW rankings ?

Ok. And who told Felder to cut 40 pounds?

*hyperbole

Hyperbola is a curve in mathematics. Out of curiosity did you finish high school?
I think you mean hyperbole, sensei.

hy·per·bo·la
/hīˈpərbələ/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: hyperbola; plural noun: hyperbolae; plural noun: hyperbolas
  1. a symmetrical open curve formed by the intersection of a circular cone with a plane at a smaller angle with its axis than the side of the cone.
    • MATHEMATICS
      the pair of hyperbolas formed by the intersection of a plane with two equal cones on opposites of the same vertex.
french, so just tapped "hyperbole" ( which is the world used in french ) on google translate to see what it is in english, they gave me "hyperbola" ask google not me...

Last edited:
The man never missed weight at 145, if anything he is disciplined, now Gaethje? Why not, give the fans what they want.
He didn’t, but we know he can’t make 145 without IVs. And that’s fine. He’s a 155er. But he doesn’t fight at 155, because he doesn’t have the hunger, drive, and discipline to cut to 55. He wants to fight lightweights at 170, and then claim he’s doing amazing shit in that division. He isn’t.

I’m all for getting rid of weight cutting. But if you’re going to fight at a certain weight, you better be willing to fight every fighter in that class.

I have no problem with it, at all.

But you have to let other LW's do it too. Felder and Hooker as referenced earlier - the should honestly both tell the UFC they're not going to bother cutting weight if this is the new thing.
Of course you do, I think fighters would actually be much more active if they all fought much closer to their walk around weight, fuck all that dieting and thinking about the scale, just agree a weight for the fight and train your skills.

I think it could eventually lead to an end of weight cutting as we know it, all the division could be bumped one rung and the docs could assign fighters a weight class based on all those fancy tests they can do, Imagine a time where all your favourite fighters were fighting 4 times a year.

Last edited:
He wants to fight natural lightweights at 170 so he doesn't have to cut weight.

In some ways that should be the norm. If Gaethje and Conor both fight in the Octagon at 170-175, then that's the weight class they should fight at. Weight cutting is stupid, and should be banned.

He wants to fight as a natural WW, against other natural WWs so they both don't have to cut weight. Agreed with you that weight cutting should be banned or at least heavily regulated.

As a combat sports fan we should all applaud this. Conor is the here we all need but don't deserve.

Back