Karolina Kowalkiewicz: I think Joanna is scared.

I think KK is Hot and JJ not so much.
Ok. We have opinions. You come in here. You disrespect Joanna. You said your piece.
Now please kindly
giphy.gif

I don't know how people see JJ as so unbeatable, she looked pretty damn beatable in the first two rounds a couple of weeks ago, if Gadelha didn't have the gas tank of a heavyweight she probably would have won.

She has good takedown defense and seems good at getting back to her feet if taken down. She has great striking, and she's aggressive with it. She's downright ansty in the clinch. She has a great gas tank.

All that plus being undefeated makes any fighter look unbeatable.

edit: Gadelha is the clear number two in the division. Losing a few rounds to her is no shame whatsoever.

JoJed has looked like a dominator due to her dissections of the grapplers in Esparza & Penne. Against another striker in Val(Letourneau) she got hit a lot & went to decision, never close to finishing. Then Claudia even, who isn't known for her striking dropped her & was able to land well in the second fight(until she gassed) & arguably won the first one. JoJed vs other strong strikers with good enough grappling in KK & Jojo could be very interesting & troublesome for JoJed I think. It just kind of depends on the cardio because JoJed has shown that her's is phenomenal.
Yes Joanna is hittable. A light of muay thai fighters are, take one to land one. With Joanna its been take one to land 2 - 4. I don't think KK or JoJo are as fast as Joanna and KK has a bad habit of keeping her hands low.
You already mentioned the cardio edge, but I don't think anyone is as mentally strong as JJ or Gadelha. Thats the main reason why I'd always favor them over anyone else in the division.

I think JJ could hold the belt for a long time

If Joanna was scared of KK she wouldn't have personally asked the UFC to sign her

Yes Joanna is hittable. A light of muay thai fighters are, take one to land one. With Joanna its been take one to land 2 - 4. I don't think KK or JoJo are as fast as Joanna and KK has a bad habit of keeping her hands low.
You already mentioned the cardio edge, but I don't think anyone is as mentally strong as JJ or Gadelha. Thats the main reason why I'd always favor them over anyone else in the division.

JJ is much taller no? I just ate and too lazy to search.

I see Aldo/Frankie 2 style fight.

I don't necessarily think they need to be faster than her. Just fast enough to hit her, which they are. KK does keep her hands down a bit, mainly when moving around but it seemed like she dropped them more often last night. Jojo 3.0 is durable & mentally strong enough :p
& Randa escaped Iraq god damn it... :D ;)

JJ is 3" taller but she and KK have same reach 65"

Hmm.. not as big a difference as I thought.

Rose kept finding that overhand in this fight, too easily imo. It made KK look bad at times. But I am assuming that's because of Rose's TD threat and KK will have that cleaned up for JJ.

I don't necessarily think they need to be faster than her. Just fast enough to hit her, which they are. KK does keep her hands down a bit, mainly when moving around but it seemed like she dropped them more often last night. Jojo 3.0 is durable & mentally strong enough :p
& Randa escaped Iraq god damn it... :D ;)
Lol sorry gonna have to revert to JoJo 2.0 at exactly 115.

homeless just trolling.. He knows that Thai fighters take a round or two to get going and knows JJ had a broken wrist aginst BW fighter VAL.. but agree she is hittable .Claudia did land one pretty good shot in the two fights on her.

M2FfZFo.gif

Like I said yesterday on the PBP fight thread. Joanna would destroy her or Rose.

Noooo, Jojo 2.0 wasn't at Tristar :p
And I'm not meaning to be really negative on KK, JoJo, or the rest of the division. I think there are a lot of really good fighters and great fights to be made. But I favor JJ or Claudia to win over anyone else.

I don't know how people see JJ as so unbeatable, she looked pretty damn beatable in the first two rounds a couple of weeks ago, if Gadelha didn't have the gas tank of a heavyweight she probably would have won.
Claudia would beat Karolina maybe 9 out of 10 times though. JJ and Claudia are way ahead of the others and Karolina's fight against Rose was further proof of it.

I like that KK is throwing in little jabs at JJ.. why not... She beat the number 3 girl she should get a shot and JoJO should be next... then to 125 for the champion

Back