Karolina Kowalkiewicz: I think Joanna is scared.

Yes Joanna is hittable. A light of muay thai fighters are, take one to land one. With Joanna its been take one to land 2 - 4. I don't think KK or JoJo are as fast as Joanna and KK has a bad habit of keeping her hands low.
You already mentioned the cardio edge, but I don't think anyone is as mentally strong as JJ or Gadelha. Thats the main reason why I'd always favor them over anyone else in the division.

I'd pick KK in a five rounder against claudia; I think her TDD and tenacity is that good, but I'm also biased.

I don't necessarily think they need to be faster than her. Just fast enough to hit her, which they are. KK does keep her hands down a bit, mainly when moving around but it seemed like she dropped them more often last night. Jojo 3.0 is durable & mentally strong enough :p
& Randa escaped Iraq god damn it... :D ;)

Kk has faced a lot of people who have wanted to take her down lately and I think that's why her lead handvhas been so low. It will be interesting to finally see her agains a predominant stand up ffighter.

*Edit* just checked the stats and in the course of three fights, people have tried to take kk down thirty different times.

Kk has faced a lot of people who have wanted to take her down lately and I think that's why her lead handvhas been so low. It will be interesting to finally see her agains a predominant stand up ffighter.
Exactly-gif_1.gif

I'd pick KK in a five rounder against claudia; I think her TDD and tenacity is that good, but I'm also biased.
I'd be rooting for KK in that scenario but I think Claudia would be too much. But I like the way you think.
han-solo-odds.gif

I'd be rooting for KK in that scenario but I think Claudia would be too much. But I like the way you think.
han-solo-odds.gif

It's hard to shoot in on kks hips when she is zigging around in circles. Plus I think KK could do enough work early to make claudia gas later on. We probably won't find out any time soon, though.

Ok. We have opinions. You come in here. You disrespect Joanna. You said your piece.
Now please kindly
giphy.gif

Nope JJ is beautiful too. Just not as hot as KK. But I would favour JJ in the matchup against KK :)

JoJed has looked like a dominator due to her dissections of the grapplers in Esparza & Penne. Against another striker in Val(Letourneau) she got hit a lot & went to decision, never close to finishing. Then Claudia even, who isn't known for her striking dropped her & was able to land well in the second fight(until she gassed) & arguably won the first one. JoJed vs other strong strikers with good enough grappling in KK & Jojo could be very interesting & troublesome for JoJed I think. It just kind of depends on the cardio because JoJed has shown that her's is phenomenal.

Karolina was less impressive against HJC than JJ was against Val.

Joanna versus Valerie:

SLpR: 44
SApR: 20.6
Str. Def: 68%

Karolina versus Heather Jo Clark:

SLpR: 39.7
SApR: 23.3
Str. Def: 54%

Karolina versus Rose:

SLpR: 28
Str. Def: 52%

Stats don't tell the whole story, but anyone who has seen KK fight must realize she is quite hittable. And Jojo is even worse in that regard. You talk about JJ vs other good strikers, seemingly without realising that KK was soundly outstruck by Rose at distance and only won thanks to a superior clinch game. Do you see clinch striking as a winning strategy against a taller, stronger MT champion in Joanna? Or do you think Rose is a much better distance striker than JJ?

JoJed has looked like a dominator due to her dissections of the grapplers in Esparza & Penne.

Joanna does handle grapplers with shit striking in a more impressive manner than KK. I mean, Karolina almost lost a round to Markos on the feet.

Last edited:
I think JJ will take her with a double-ended strap-on and then slap her face with it after.

Jojo might have a better kicking game and clinch than JJ, but what does KK do better? She's smaller, slower, less powerful and less skilled. Everything she does well, Joanna does as well or better. She has no path to victory.

Stats don't tell the whole story
Indeed. After RD1 KK lit Heather up with ease. Also, Val vs JoJed was a longer fight than KK vs Heather.

but anyone who has seen KK fight must realize she is quite hittable. And Jojo is even worse in that regard. You talk about JJ vs other good strikers, seemingly without realising that KK was soundly outstruck by Rose at distance and only won thanks to a superior clinch game.
Okay, sure. But so is JoJed. They'll be hitting each other a lot, haha. A big difference is worrying about the takedown too though, something they wont have to do against JoJed.

Do you see clinch striking as a road to victory against a taller, stronger MT champion in Joanna? Or do you think Rose is a much better distance striker than JJ?
If she can do it successfully, yes. Rose is not a much better distance striker. She had moments in that fight though.

Joanna does handle grapplers with shit striking in a more impressive manner than KK. I mean, Karolina almost lost a round to Markos on the feet.
Karolina did lose that round <42>
Also...Randa's striking > Penne & Esparza's.

Probably combined.

Karolina was less impressive against HJC than JJ was against Val.

Joanna versus Valerie:

SLpR: 44
SApR: 20.6
Str. Def: 68%

Karolina versus Heather Jo Clark:

SLpR: 39.7
Str. Def: 54%

Karolina versus Rose:

SLpR: 28
Str. Def: 52%

Stats don't tell the whole story, but anyone who has seen KK fight must realize she is quite hittable. And Jojo is even worse in that regard. You talk about JJ vs other good strikers, seemingly without realising that KK was soundly outstruck by Rose at distance and only won thanks to a superior clinch game. Do you see clinch striking as a winning strategy against a taller, stronger MT champion in Joanna? Or do you think Rose is a much better distance striker than JJ?

Joanna- taken down by val
KK- stuffed 15 takedown attempts from hjc

It's really pointless to compare those two fights, though. Also, kk almost always takes the first round off, so you can pretty much say she's lost a round to most people she's fought; it doesn't mean much. I would like to see her striking defense improve, though.

I'm not convinced that joana has the clinch advantage, btw, but regardless she should be the strong favourite.

I hate jj but gosh this is embarrassing.
Couldnt see the fight, kk seems like a sweatheart, to bad the delivery of 'she is scared' was probably the worst i heard in the sport.
And whats up with the polish flag? Seems kind of lame to be carrying that around, like is this the polish national mma team or what, rose didnt have a flag.

Just real icons look good with flags like bisping, wiedman and genki sudo with his 'we are all one' flag

Back