• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Elections Kari Lake pulling ahead

Make America Great Again doesn’t mean implementing the exact policies. It means implementing smart policies. You keep saying “back then, back then, back then”…But I think most people recognize that those same policies simply wouldn’t work now because America has changed so much. That doesn’t mean we can’t have good policy and we have to destroy the country like the Dems are doing. We can accept that Americans are lazier and more entitled than ever, while simultaneously acknowledging that communism isn’t the answer.

The truth is that life is hard, and very unfair. But today’s youth say “Fuck that! It’s not fair that some people are successful while others aren’t! I want a great life and can’t get it myself. So Biden and the Democrats are going to give it to me because I deserve it.”

The government can never solve everyone’s problems and make everything fair, and offer everyone a great life. But the Democrats will claim they can, and the stupid ass, recent college graduates of today will keep voting them in to office.
The problem with many conservatives , and it sounds like you might be on of them, is that they support social darwinism. Most Americans seem to oppose this mindset, and it's great that they do.

Forward progress for bums like you who want everything handed to them because they can’t get it themselves? That may be progress for some, but not to tens of millions who believe in small government, a robust private sector, and freedom to achieve if you really work hard.
bums like me? im doin fine thanks, the difference between democrats and republicans is that dems have compassion for those less well off , and republicans, despite claiming to be the christian party, take a "fuck em, im alright jack" approach. looks like more people support the looking after others approach, and have done for a while, so you and the rest of your "fuck everyone else" buddies are going to keep losing, hope your frustrated little tantrum doesnt burst a blood vessel.

There is a way. The Republicans picked absolutely shit tier candidates like Lake. That's how they lost.

As someone from the other side of the aisle, I couldn't agree more. There are even Republican voters quoted as saying that they "refused to vote for election deniers."

If the GOP doesn't want a repeat of their absolutely embarrassing 2022 election results, they need to kick Trump and his cronies to the curb ASAP.

It's clear Ron DeGOATness is the future 2 term Republican president, so it's time to take the Trump trash to the garbage dump where they belong.

Well here’s a crazy thought—and you might want to sit down for this:
Republicans could try actually doing something for this group:

You oppose student loan forgiveness but also won’t do anything to make education more affordable, you also won’t support minimum wage increases, you repealed a law which gave us any ability to negotiate drug prices, completely gave up on healthcare, and won’t support social assistance programs for lower income people.

Additionally, millennials and zoomers as a group are diverse. They usually know (or are) black people, brown people, Muslim people, gay people, trans people… the GOP has shit on all those people for years, why would they vote Republican? These people care about climate change, they care about discrimination (which they’ve likely seen firsthand or experienced themselves), they care about housing and health care…these are all things that the GOP has moved to the right on, rather than trying to appeal to them.

Lol @ blaming this on “liberal indoctrination” or some sort of voodoo brainwashing. You don’t represent their beliefs or their interests. Period.

This kind of gets to the heart of the right's increasing turn toward authoritarianism and reality denial. If you give people say in their governance and they are informed about what's happening, they will of course support policy that improves their material condition. Because of the way wealth is distributed, the rich are going to be greatly outnumbered. That means they'll lose unless they can either prevent gov't from being able to make changes that most people want or successfully misrepresent the stakes of elections and the effects of policy. For all the screeching about other issues, it all really comes down to that.

And I say that as someone with very strong liberal (i.e, pro-market) beliefs. The public has a strong tendency to miss the value of leaving things to markets. A healthy right-wing party could make a case for a lot of policy that would go against people's instincts but would actually benefit everyone if they got it--getting rid of single-family zoning, increasing immigration, getting rid of trade barriers, etc. But we don't have that. The GOP just lies relentlessly, tries to loot the country on behalf of the rich, and tries to prevent people from having say in their own governance.

As someone from the other side of the aisle, I couldn't agree more. There are even Republican voters quoted as saying that they "refused to vote for election deniers."

If the GOP doesn't want a repeat of their absolutely embarrassing 2022 election results, they need to kick Trump and his cronies to the curb ASAP.

It's clear Ron DeGOATness is the future 2 term Republican president, so it's time to take the Trump trash to the garbage dump where they belong.

It's pretty damn obvious at this point. At this point the democrats are probably cheering for trump to be the Republican nominee. They should fear Desantis.

I’d rather have freedom and just accept that life isn’t fair and some people are going to be unhappy. You’d rather have less freedom, a much bigger, more powerful government, higher taxes, less capitalism and opportunity, if it means the poorest in society will have a little more. That’s what Chavez was about, and many people loved him for it. But look at what it leads to (Venezuela’s current condition).

Or maybe a middle ground like the commies in western Europe achieved?

Make America Great Again doesn’t mean implementing the exact policies. It means implementing smart policies. You keep saying “back then, back then, back then”…But I think most people recognize that those same policies simply wouldn’t work now because America has changed so much. That doesn’t mean we can’t have good policy and we have to destroy the country like the Dems are doing. We can accept that Americans are lazier and more entitled than ever, while simultaneously acknowledging that communism isn’t the answer.

The truth is that life is hard, and very unfair. But today’s youth say “Fuck that! It’s not fair that some people are successful while others aren’t! I want a great life and can’t get it myself. So Biden and the Democrats are going to give it to me because I deserve it.”

The government can never solve everyone’s problems and make everything fair, and offer everyone a great life. But the Democrats will claim they can, and the stupid ass, recent college graduates of today will keep voting them in to office.

A lot of talking and text here but not a single specific about what has changed that would mean none of these policies could work and why. Or what policies you have in place of them that will work now. Literally just “MAGA means…look dudes, life is hard?”

You just further proved my point. Even you, someone who likely voted for and supports MAGA has not a fucking clue what it’s really about or how it’s getting anyone there. That’s why less and less vote for it each time, not because anyone is stealing shit.

Well here’s a crazy thought—and you might want to sit down for this:
Republicans could try actually doing something for this group:

You oppose student loan forgiveness but also won’t do anything to make education more affordable, you also won’t support minimum wage increases, you repealed a law which gave us any ability to negotiate drug prices, completely gave up on healthcare, and won’t support social assistance programs for lower income people.

Additionally, millennials and zoomers as a group are diverse. They usually know (or are) black people, brown people, Muslim people, gay people, trans people… the GOP has shit on all those people for years, why would they vote Republican? These people care about climate change, they care about discrimination (which they’ve likely seen firsthand or experienced themselves), they care about housing and health care…these are all things that the GOP has moved to the right on, rather than trying to appeal to them.

Lol @ blaming this on “liberal indoctrination” or some sort of voodoo brainwashing. You don’t represent their beliefs or their interests. Period.
Its often pointed out that lots of immigrant groups are socially conservative and that the GOP could conceivably appeal to them if they tried. In fairness to some extent they are at the local level, the GOP in states like Texas and Florida are broadening their coalition to be more inclusive to Hispanic constituents. But the national GOP's power base is so rooted in sparsely populated rural areas that it has to cater to those voters even if its at the expense of potential new ones.

Democrats are fucked.

They just can't seem to understand that the average person isn't energized by the abortion debate.

Nobody who is normal supports killing babies and these retard democrats are making their whole platform about a woman's right to kill her baby.
Except majority of Americans do support abortions. Are you slow?

It's pretty damn obvious at this point. At this point the democrats are probably cheering for trump to be the Republican nominee. They should fear Desantis.

As an American, I think both of them would be horrible for the country and they're both weak candidates. Probably Trump poses more of a threat to the country if he wins and he's also more likely to win. So I think people should be more afraid of him.

Did somebody yell out Johnny Wadd? Lol

Why are they always Christians? There is so much extremism coming from the religious right. Not all Christians are extremists but it feels like all far right nutjobs are Christians.

As an American, I think both of them would be horrible for the country and they're both weak candidates. Probably Trump poses more of a threat to the country if he wins and he's also more likely to win. So I think people should be more afraid of him.
Trump is supposed to make a big announcement today. I really really hope he says he is running.

Why are they always Christians? There is so much extremism coming from the religious right. Not all Christians are extremists but it feels like all far right nutjobs are Christians.
Nationalists often use religion as a cover.

Its often pointed out that lots of immigrant groups are socially conservative and that the GOP could conceivably appeal to them if they tried. In fairness to some extent they are at the local level, the GOP in states like Texas and Florida are broadening their coalition to be more inclusive to Hispanic constituents. But the national GOP's power base is so rooted in sparsely populated rural areas that it has to cater to those voters even if its at the expense of potential new ones.
Greg Abbott had ads running referring to himself as Tio Greg.

Back