Social Justince Ginsberg likely to Step down... or Lie down

Didn't she just miss arguments for the first time in her career last week? Could be wrong, but I remember seeing a news snippet about it.

The writing is on the wall. When you're that old, you don't just pop up fresh as a daisy after cancer surgery, and broken ribs. She's a tough old broad, but I think even she must be recognizing her limits. I believe she'll step down within the year. That job is demanding as hell, and I think she'll realize that she can no longer meet those demands.

Just for people who don't get it. Court packing means adding more supreme Court justices.

Their is nothing in the US Constitution that says we have to have 9 judges.

Would be a smart bi partisan amendment to go after. Would guarantee a dirty trick can't be used by a power with a super majority, and would dust off the amendment process

Obviously I don't want her to die. even though she's on the doorstep.

At some point if she's having serious medical concerns she should probably retire.
not likely, but she should.

He learned his lesson with Syria. There is no appeasing the left, they won't accept anything he does.

This doesn't even make sense. The last democratic presidential candidate was a hawk on Syria.

LOL!!! The left has done nothing do deserve that. Their derangement has gone off the charts.

They can bite the pillow. Trump would go in dry

You strike me as a serious student of history and well-read presidential historian.

Dems will pull a weekend at Bernies til the 2020 election.

You know what inspires such favors? Good will. The Dems have shown none. Nada. Zilch.

If the Dems want Trump to pick a left leaning judge, they will have to make some concessions, one of which being the wall.

Even at this present moment Trump's entire time in office thus far can be described in two words: A joke. Retrospective history and his resulting legacy will be even less kind.

Personally, honestly, I don't want to see him turn it around because he deserves all the mockery and contempt that is coming his way. But I offered a theoretical move he could make to radically change the dynamic and the narrative of his presidency.

I know he lacks both the emotional self-control and the principles to make such a decision. I think the hostile, frenzied reptile-brained comments here from members of his base speak for the mind of the man himself very accurately.

Dems will pull a weekend at Bernies til the 2020 election.

It would be very interesting to see the left react to her stepping down voluntarily. I wonder if they would actually respect her decision, or vilify her for giving Trump another pick.

It would be very interesting to see the left react to her stepping down voluntarily. I wonder if they would actually respect her decision, or vilify her for giving Trump another pick.

Unfortunately for her the left and their sympathetic Press would turn on her overnight like a pack of hyenas. She would go from "the Notorious RBG", to "the Infamous RBG".

Correct. However, it is not the personalities that would cause a civil war as long as those personalities are selected via a system that is viewed as correct. Until people have a problem with that system, a civil war due to those selected personalities would seem small-minded and not just to the general public.

It will take a lot more than people having a problem with the system for any type of civil. As long as the majority have a house, food, cars, there not doing shit.

Unfortunately for her the left and their sympathetic Press would turn on her overnight like a pack of hyenas. She would go from "the Notorious RBG", to "the Infamous RBG".

She's a legend whether you agree on her politics and if she's too sick people will trust her on that decision. That will be the general attitude on both sides.

Naturally, there will be random internet trolls blowing it up to be something more, but that's just a some folks justifying their own need to overreact. You fantasizing about "the left" gathering like a pack of hyenas to attack her character because she's fallen ill says more about you than it does "the left".

Even at this present moment Trump's entire time in office thus far can be described in two words: A joke. Retrospective history and his resulting legacy will be even less kind.

Personally, honestly, I don't want to see him turn it around because he deserves all the mockery and contempt that is coming his way. But I offered a theoretical move he could make to radically change the dynamic and the narrative of his presidency.

I know he lacks both the emotional self-control and the principles to make such a decision. I think the hostile, frenzied reptile-brained comments here from members of his base speak for the mind of the man himself very accurately.
And the Dems have behaved so graciously that Trump should consider throwing them a bone? The power of SC selection is in Trump's hands. The Dems played poorly their shenanigans and demonizing.

It will take a lot more than people having a problem with the system for any type of civil. As long as the majority have a house, food, cars, there not doing shit.
That is a factor as well.

And the Dems have behaved so graciously that Trump should consider throwing them a bone? The power of SC selection is in Trump's hands. The Dems played poorly their shenanigans and demonizing.

Political bi-partisanship isn't about "throwing bones".

She's a legend whether you agree on her politics and if she's too sick people will trust her on that decision. That will be the general attitude on both sides.

Naturally, there will be random internet trolls blowing it up to be something more, but that's just a some folks justifying their own need to overreact. You fantasizing about "the left" gathering like a pack of hyenas to attack her character because she's fallen ill says more about you than it does "the left".
He's talking about the same people the argued the humanity of MS-13. The derangement is real.

Back