Social Justince Ginsberg likely to Step down... or Lie down

Even at this present moment Trump's entire time in office thus far can be described in two words: A joke. Retrospective history and his resulting legacy will be even less kind.

Personally, honestly, I don't want to see him turn it around because he deserves all the mockery and contempt that is coming his way. But I offered a theoretical move he could make to radically change the dynamic and the narrative of his presidency.

I know he lacks both the emotional self-control and the principles to make such a decision. I think the hostile, frenzied reptile-brained comments here from members of his base speak for the mind of the man himself very accurately.
And the Dems have behaved so graciously that Trump should consider throwing them a bone? The power of SC selection is in Trump's hands. The Dems played poorly their shenanigans and demonizing.
Political bi-partisanship isn't about "throwing bones".
Sure.

ELECTIONS_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

And the Dems have behaved so graciously that Trump should consider throwing them a bone? The power of SC selection is in Trump's hands. The Dems played poorly their shenanigans and demonizing.

Sure.

ELECTIONS_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

well said.

This doesn't even make sense. The last democratic presidential candidate was a hawk on Syria.

For the last 15 years liberals have been foaming at the mouth about American imperialism and the need to end all these wars.

Now, you are correct, they have also been voting for neocons like Obama and Hillary who are invested in the forever war, but that's liberal voters being inconsistent for you.

For the last 15 years liberals have been foaming at the mouth about American imperialism and the need to end all these wars.

Now, you are correct, they have also been voting for neocons like Obama and Hillary who are invested in the forever war, but that's liberal voters being inconsistent for you.

Let's you know the ideology positions are just convenience. It's really just about gaining control and power.

It will take a lot more than people having a problem with the system for any type of civil. As long as the majority have a house, food, cars, there not doing shit.

Enter another bigger GFC like '08 (which we're set up for), and voila.

i am not a liberal but i think her resilience and adherence to principles is admirable.
you don't see that many people like that around, that arent fanatics.

Why are these positions appointed for life? It makes no sense that a late-80s woman that is likely not all there and is basically a walking corpse is making the most important decisions.

Why are these positions appointed for life? It makes no sense that a late-80s woman that is likely not all there and is basically a walking corpse is making the most important decisions.

To avoid politicization of the bench. If you're not worried about term limits then you're less influenced to be political, as much as rule on your conscious, the constitution, or whatever else.

A potential problem though, is that we're entering an era of medicine where we can pretty much keep people alive indefinitely with machines... So that's something that can be considered.

To avoid politicization of the bench. If you're not worried about term limits then you're less influenced to be political, as much rule on your conscious, the constitution, or whatever else.

A potential problem though, is that we're entering an era of medicine where we can pretty much keep people alive indefinitely with machines... So that's something that can be considered.

Let's amend the Constitution to make it a 20 year term. Then we put 'em out to pasture.

If Trump wanted to earn HUGE political capital with those on the other side of the aisle and potentially salvage what will otherwise almost certainly be the most atrocious legacy in modern presidential history he would nominate Garland.

This is a stupid post. Those on the left such as yourself still think you can manipulate republicans into doing stupid stuff, but it's not going to work anymore. I guess I can't blame you considering it's worked to some degree with weak establishment RINOs in the past, but it's not going to work with Trump. Trump is smart enough to understand he has to stick with his base. All Trump would do by going left on any major issue is destroy his support with the base, without gaining any support from the felt. Of course the radical left would love for Trump to nominate a leftist to the court, and destroy his career in politics at the same time, but that's just wishful thinking. Ginsburg is never coming back to the court, and Trump already knows who he's nominating to replace her. He's likely choosing a replacement for the conservative Clarence Thomas as well, and with the health problems and age of some of the others it won't be surprising if he gets a fifth pick.

If Trump wanted to earn HUGE political capital with those on the other side of the aisle and potentially salvage what will otherwise almost certainly be the most atrocious legacy in modern presidential history he would nominate Garland.

lol this is absurd .. slap yourself .. trump can't earn anything with the left .. this is a group that would probably throw a party if he died

LOL at people here talking about civil war.

If by civil war, you mean Snarkier online comments and your typical paid for protests, then sure.

I pretty much agree, but things can change quickly at time like these under certain circumstances. It's just unlikely when unemployment is so low, and most people don't live anywhere near areas where you see leftist riots taking place. There's only certain people who can fight each other in the streets on a regular basis while keeping a job, and not having to commute long distances.

I'm all for a constitutional convention, but people will have to organize first.

What's the point of a constitutional convention when we are in the mess we're in now because of ignoring the constitution? It's pretty clear to most that the powers our constitution didn't specifically give to the federal government were powers that were suppose to be handled by individual states, but that didn't stop the federal government from slowly taking those powers away to begin with.

What's the point of a constitutional convention when we are in the mess we're in now because of ignoring the constitution? It's pretty clear to most that the powers our constitution didn't specifically give to the federal government were powers that were suppose to be handled by individual states, but that didn't stop the federal government from slowly taking those powers away to begin with.

You answered your own question. The states would reclaim lost authority. Top of the list would be redefining the commerce clause to not include anything and everything that could maybe possibly have something to do with commerce.

You know what the funny part is. I support guns. I don't really care about abortion.

The reason I hate Republican judges, is because they work for corporate america.

I've seen people talk about appointing a judge that would appease the left. You can't appease the social left. They are not reasonable people.

The right wants corporate America to stop being served first, just as much the left, and independents.

Why does gorsuch and Kavanaugh have to be corporate stooges, for you to get your abortion ban, and support the 2nd?

Why are those two things mutally exclusive?

You can appease the economic left, and your own base Trump.

If you support the right for free men to own guns unfettered and the 2nd, what it stands for and means, why it is so important in our (supposed) system of the people governing themselves, then it almost becomes a one-issue thing for me---when we were/are looking at likely SCOTUS appointments. Jesus what a run-on sentence that was.
<Fedor23>

Abortion isn't going anywhere unless it's back to the individual states at worst, no fucking way it is federally banned.
<JagsKiddingMe>

I’m I not to believe Mitch when he says you can’t nominate a judge during a presidential election?
You most certainly can and Barack Obama did. You guys just didn't have the political capital to get your guy through.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Back