News Justin Gaethje set to face Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone on Sept. 14 in Vancouver

Who Wins?

• Total voters
I hate this matchup. It's going to be ugly for Cerrone.

Heart says Cowboy, head says Gathje.
Cowboy's kryptonite is pressure fighters and Gathje is one of the best in the business. This said he is very hittable and Cowboy is a dangerous striker. On top of that Cowboy has never been KO'd (He's been TKO'd but never stopped cleanly) so I don't think Gathje sparks Cowboy like he did to Vick and Barboza.
Either way, the real winner is us fans, JBG Bless.

That fight might just be the perfect excuse for a weekend trip from the island, I don't see any possible way that match up doesn't deliver!!
How are the fans on the island? I know there are some pretty big boxers over there.

Dana fast tracking Cerrone to CTE for awhile now. Gaethje finishes Ce-rone-ay within 2 minutes. At least he's well paid.

Sure he does. Gaethje has been KO'd twice in his last 4 fights and cowboy beat one of the guys who KO'd him. Cowboy struggles with good boxers and southpaws but Gaethje is neither of those. Gaethje is definitely the favorite, but his style is generally the style that cowboy does best against.
this exactly, everyone here is just flapping awAy that he loses to pressure fighters which there is truth to that, but its Southpaws & good boxing that gives Cowboy problems that usually lead to him getting stopped. Gaethje IMO is overrated on here, I feel like I'm watching a LW Wanderlei Silva & don't get me started about his amazing "wrestling." Which IMO is a myth.

Why do people think Gaethje is gonna dominate this fight? Their weaknesses counter each other. Gaethje isn't good against technical strikers who can outlast his damage. He slows down tremendously by round 2 and 3 because hes trying to kill you with every shot, whereas Cowboy has shown weaknesses against aggressive fighters early in the fight.

Still think Cowboy is far to accurate, experienced and technical. He weathers an early storm in the first round to come back and win the second round before knocking out a slow and gassed Gaethje with a headkick in the 3rd round.

Why do people think Gaethje is gonna dominate this fight? Their weaknesses counter each other. Gaethje isn't good against technical strikers who can outlast his damage. He slows down tremendously by round 2 and 3 because hes trying to kill you with every shot, whereas Cowboy has shown weaknesses against aggressive fighters early in the fight.

Still think Cowboy is far to accurate, experienced and technical. He weathers an early storm in the first round to come back and win the second round before knocking out a slow and gassed Gaethje with a headkick in the 3rd round.
It's because Gaethje is fun and exciting to watch, which he is but that doesn't equal to being a good fighter.

Gaethe has hit his stride. But cowboy is a hard fight for anyone

'Twill be interesting to see who wins the leg kick battle. Think Gaethje has the wrestling edge if he chooses to use it. But think Cowboy has the jiu jitsu edge. Glad this is apparently a five rounder.

You raise fair points. Cerrone also has a habit of winning fights he should lose considering he has been around for so long, you would think the violent KO is coming shortly. Gaethje has good wrestling and incredible power. I think he will stop Donald in the 1st round, probably early. Both of these guys will come out swinging.

For Cerrone to win (IMO), he will need to point fight until the later rounds and win a decision.

I'm surprised Gaethje is polling so high? He's prime for a Cerrone combo attack walk forward get kicked in the head...

I got Gaethje! This should set him up for the winner of Khabib/Poirier. Oh wait.....forget about Ferguson!

Wow, look at Gaethje's line of opponents in the UFC:

Michael Johnson
Eddie Alvarez
Dustin Poirier
James Vick
Edson Barboza
Donald Cerrone

<30>

To me, if he beats Cerrone, he is next in line - after Ferguson - for the title shot.

I got Gaethje! This should set him up for the winner of Khabib/Poirier. Oh wait.....forget about Ferguson!

Who would be surprised if somehow Conor McGregor (2-2 in the UFC over FW) is the next challenger...
<31>

Who would be surprised if somehow Conor McGregor (2-2 in the UFC over FW) is the next challenger...
<31>

Who knows....Dana said he's not getting the winner of Khabib/Poirier. I actually take Dana's word on this one. I think the simple solution if I was match maker is Ferguson vs Khabib/Poirier and have winner of Cowboy/Gaethje fight Conor for the next shot.

Cowboy never about them easy fights.. God I will miss him when he is gone..

Cowboy will have no legs left when Gaethje chops them down.

This is the kind of fight I like and don't like at the same time...

Both of these guys are blood and guts warriors. These guys are going to go so hard that they're going to shave some years of each others' lives in this one!

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

10 plus sig strikes absorbed per minute thru 5 fights in the UFC.

JG predicted he would lose by ko/tko when he signed with the UFC. He has been correct 40% of the time so far. Now he faces the most prolific finisher in UFC history.

No way in hell are the betting odds going to be in line with this poll.

Back