News Justin Gaethje set to face Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone on Sept. 14 in Vancouver

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Gaethje should win by tko. Forward pressure and tons of leg kicks will do

Voted for Cowboy out of love

Rooting for Cowboy.

But the short notice after being battered on short notice ? Not advisable...

But Cowboy gonna cowboy.

I think Al Iaquinta is a tougher fight for Gaethje. I know Cerrone recently beat him, but it's a classic "styles make fights" thing that keeps MMA Math from working. Al Iaquinta has never been KO'd and has the chin and survival instincts to weather Justin's storm and take him into deep waters...especially in a 5-round fight.

I actually agree with you here for the same reasons

I've got Gaethje by TKO but it'll be FOTY if it reaches the 3rd round

Most likely it's done in 1 or 2 though

That’s a good analysis of Gaethje’s stand up. Also, he utilizes the shell defense better than almost anyone in MMA. For a guy who stays in the pocket so much, he probably would have a lot more knockout loses than he does if he wasn’t so good at covering up
Gaethje’s defense has really improved. He isn’t known for defense and doesn’t get credit for it but if you have been following him you can see it, the shell defense you mentioned is a big part, along with picking shots better as getting in and out of range intelligently.

In before Cerrone cries about a loss due to a medical stoppage...

LET'S GO GAETHJE

I find it strange you would call another man a “chad”. But here we are

Donald wants to fight for the belt..getting ktfo by Gaethje is not "no risk".

The idea of some code you invented in your head about a possible finish makes zero sense.

I got Donald, should be somewhat similar to Al Aiaqunta fight

How is Cowboy coming back this soon from an orbital fracture?

LOVE this matchup. Would love it more if there was no ref. Let them BANG, bro.

Donald beats him. nothing against justin, he has the power just not the footwork. i see him walking into jabs and knees all night.

YESSSS

I’m going to this event, last time I went to an event in Vancouver the main event was MM vs Baugutinov and the co main was Rory/Wood

Needless to say I’m a lot happier about this fight than the other 2

Cerrone has a good chance in every fight he takes, but Gaethje is going to be too much for him. Lots of pressure from that guy, Cowboy might not be able to handle it. If Gaethje really f's him up it could end Cerrone's career.

This fight also has the potential to be FOTY!

Justin Gaethje , , wins by heart & sheer will.

Clinch early, take it to the ground and armbar him. Thats Cerrone's only chance IMHO.

Another horrible matchup for Cerrone. Pressure all day

Back