News Justin Gaethje set to face Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone on Sept. 14 in Vancouver

Who Wins?

• Total voters
How are the fans on the island? I know there are some pretty big boxers over there.

It's pretty rare to meet other hardcore fans but most people you talk to are fans and are aware of the more popular fighters.

Cowboy has, historically, never liked being pressured constantly and Gaethje absolutely does exactly that. He pressures you into extinction.

Now cowboy has great leg kicks and strikes but I just see Justin pressuring Cowboy into a retreat against the cage and I think a 2bd round TKO.

Also Gaethje loves repeated hard leg kicks and that has a cumulative damage effect on almost everyone.

Oh my god. Im going to be there in person to witness this fight. Are you kidding me?
<GinJuice>

Naw. Iaquinta is slow and doesn’t throw enough. You have to go to war with Ghatje and Al isn’t that guy.

Yeah, I'm a fan of AI, but his lack of output is frustrating. The guy is too patient out there.

Cow boy is in for another WOOPING ... I LIKE I LIKE ...

Can defintely see Justin finishing Cerrone in a war of attrition but can also see Cerrone sneaking a headkick around that high gaurd of his.

Should be a great one. Ill pick Justin

He should, but he'll fight like a bat out of hell the whole time and leave himself open to counters.
His Defense in the pocket is actually pretty good. He barely gets hit clean.

Cowboy has, historically, never liked being pressured constantly and Gaethje absolutely does exactly that. He pressures you into extinction.

Now cowboy has great leg kicks and strikes but I just see Justin pressuring Cowboy into a retreat against the cage and I think a 2bd round TKO.

Also Gaethje loves repeated hard leg kicks and that has a cumulative damage effect on almost everyone.

But Cerrone has gotten a lot better in dealing with pressure. He doesnt quit anymore mentally and is capable to sneak in brutal possible fight ending counters. I would favour Gaethje but he has such a tendency to just brawl it out that he leaves himself wide open.

Lets hope Gaethje executes a more cerebral approach and sticks to a gameplan. Then I see him systematically beating down Cerrone.

Back