Media Justin Gaethje: I want Khabib or Conor next

image.jpg

“I think there’s two options for me — whoever wins [Khabib Nurmagomedov] against Tony or I fight Conor [McGregor],” Gaethje said when speaking to MMA Fighting. “Those are the two options I’ll be looking at when I’m done.”

He Cont..
According to Gaethje, he was never offered a fight against McGregor so he can’t say for certain if there was ever any reality surrounding that potential matchup.

“I have no idea how close it was,” Gaethje said. “I’m sure the UFC was really hounding him to fight. He probably said he was going to fight. He probably said he would fight me and then he probably broke his hand before I found out is what I’m guessing or it’s just not true.”

Says he fight dumb against past opponents

“You have to be a fool to say I’m not one of the best in the world,” Gaethje said. “I fought Dustin Poirier, he was fighting for the world title. Eddie Alvarez is world class and I fought stupid fights against them. I didn’t fight my best fight. I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere for a couple of years.”
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/9/...-winner-are-only-options-after-cowboy-cerrone
Conor-McGregor-Justin-Gaethje-696x399.jpg
He is the true threat to Khabib. Khabib steam rolls everybody else. If Khabib can’t take him down, he may knock Khabib out.

I'm pretty sure everyone wants that next... that's where the money is.

I don't know why everyone thinks the one-dimensional midget, Gaethje, is going to beat Cerone.

Cerone, is taller, he is overall bigger at the weight, he is also smarter, multi-dimensional, has more tools, and will ultimately beat the dogshit out of Gaethje.

Gaethje fans, prepare to cry: this fight is no shoe-in, and your boy is actually at the DISadvantage, in the eyes of those who can properly-assess the fighters.
If Gaethje starches Cowboy you're righfully going to cop both barrels for that statement.

This guy is delusional. He beat Barboza and feels that he deserves a TS? Everyone is beating Barboza these days! He has to win 2 more fights impressively before speaking of a TS.

He is the true threat to Khabib. Khabib steam rolls everybody else. If Khabib can’t take him down, he may knock Khabib out.

Wow here we are on the opposite side of things...again ha ha.

Khabib isn't a moron. He wouldn't need to take Justin down early necessarily. He'd just need to clinch up, make Justin work, and he'll gas him out. We've seen Justin slow down a ton in his fights with both Dustin and Eddie. Khabib would have to be dumb (and he's not) to not realize his path to victory. Even if he's just wall n stalling Justin for the first round or two, that will drain Justin's energy and then the TD will be there.

Khabib is obviously extremely skilled with his grappling, but it's his pace and the amount of energy he saps from his opponents that make him a nightmare. The biggest threat is the guy who won't get tired, and who will be right there in Khabib's face making him pay if he slows down even a little. That's not Justin. Yes, there's the chance of a flash KO but Khabib has shown a very good chin from what we've seen.

If Gaethje starches Cowboy you're righfully going to cop both barrels for that statement.

And, if Cowboy confuses, slows-down, and KO's Gaethje, you can bow before the master <45>

Seriously, Gaethje has a puncher's chance, but I think he is going to get befuddled/cracked, slowed-down, and ultimately stopped by Cowboy.

We'll see.

Wont go more than 3 rounds. Gaethje wrecks Cowboy

He might I think it’s a difficult fight to call. Yeah he’s got those crazy leg kicks, but It’s a much more conventional fight for Donald. Justin basically comes right to you and Donald is a very experienced striker with all the tools to give Justin some problems. Fighting Tony was always going to be a very difficult fight for cowboy, because of his crazy Unorthodox striking. Justin Is very basic in what he does. Heavy leg kicks, the occasional jab, and throws some right hands. Nothing very tricky.

He might I think it’s a difficult fight to call. Yeah he’s got those crazy leg kicks, we’ll see if he actually finally utilizes some wrestling. I doubt it. It’s a much more conventional fight for Donald. Justin basically comes right to you and Donald is a very experienced striker with all the tools to give Justin some problems. Fighting Tony was always going to be a very difficult fight for cowboy, because of his crazy on UnOrthodox striking. Justin Is very basic in what he does. Heavy leg kicks, the occasional jab, and throws some right hands. Nothing very tricky.

I don't think he'll use his wrestling, Cowboy has great submissions and I think it's something he wont need. He's going to pressure Cowboy against the cage with his aggression and boxing, something we all know Cowboy has difficulty with

Hang on a minute here folks, Gaethje is 3-2 in the UFC and his biggest win is Edson Barboza! I like watching his fights and would love to see him fight for the title but come on a couple more wins before were talking title shots and money fights. I'd like to see how Gaethje does against Al Iaquinta or Paul Felder if he can get by Cerrone.

I don't think he'll use his wrestling, Cowboy has great submissions and I think it's something he wont need. He's going to pressure Cowboy against the cage with his aggression and boxing, something we all know Cowboy has difficulty with

I have not really seen Justin do that. When he fought Dustin it was basically all in the center of the cage.. The dude loves his leg kicks. So clinch and dirty boxing against the cage pretty much takes the leg kicks out of it.

I can understand why he wants that Conor payday, but he's a fool to call out Khabib. That's the exact WRONG matchup for someone like Gaethje.

He's 2-2 in his last 4 fights, on a 2 fight win streak, got TKO'd by the guy Khabib just steam rolled and he thinks he deserves a title shot, what planet is he living on? These are clear cut signs of CTE, someone call the doctor!

You seem to be showing clear cut signs of CTE.

Doubt he will get past Cowboy. Funny he mentions Khabib and Conor, but not Tony who could give him a FOTY. Yeah, 'all to put up a show' my ass, he wants money.

Smash him, Donald

I thought he said winner of Khabib Vs Tony?

Donald will need to catch him, I don’t think he wants anything to do with the brawling bite down on the mouthpiece and see who’s left with JG.

I’m interested to see Cowboy this outing, Tony was beating the breaks off of him

Kinda shitty to get a title shot beating only Vick, Barboza and Cerrone, after getting KOed dead 2 times, but there isn't no one with a much better streak.

I called it when The Colbyjack Snoozeman fight started Fallibg out. Conor Gaethe to headline MSG. With Nate v Masvidsl as co main. Buttttttt he needs to actually beat cowboy

If Justin runs through donald really quick. I say Justin vs khabib next.

I do feel like Gaethje is underestimated, a guy has to start using his wrestling skills at least sometimes. I’ll be quite excited to see him showing something different than just banging against Cowboy.

I do feel like Gaethje is underestimated, a guy has to start using his wrestling skills at least sometimes. I’ll be quite excited to see him showing something different than just banging against Cowboy.

No way he wants to mess around in Cerrone's guard. Justin will do what he always does.

If Khabib’s dad says he is not in Khabib’s level then I’m gonna take his word for it because everything he says and predict is correct.

They said Dustin is not in his level last month and look how that turned out so I’d say no.

Back