Media Justin Gaethje: I want Khabib or Conor next

I do feel like Gaethje is underestimated, a guy has to start using his wrestling skills at least sometimes. I’ll be quite excited to see him showing something different than just banging against Cowboy.

He said himself that wrestling is too tiring.
He has a shitty cardio, unfortunately.

I think he is going to knock out Cowboy in the first round, just a hunch; but even if he does, he is not getting Khabib. It's Tony or bust. Gaethje needs to get 2 more fights in first, let him fight Connor if he is alive.

Hes a great pick for the winner of Khabib and Ferg. I can see him beating both

Justin is the only guy at 55 with a serious shot at beating Khabib. In fact, I would favor him. But I see him getting put to sleep by McG. Styles make fights.

apparently he almost had to pull out with an eye infection

“I’ll be honest to everyone, I’m wearing these sunglasses because I almost didn’t make it to this fight,” Gaethje told reporters after his UFC Vancouver open workout. “I had an eye infection and I’m through that now.

“I’m 100-percent ready to go. I’ve fought blind my whole life so unless my eyes are cut out, I’m fighting.”

Lmao I totally forgot he can’t see well without his glasses

This makes his savagery so much more impressive

Doubt he will get past Cowboy. Funny he mentions Khabib and Conor, but not Tony who could give him a FOTY. Yeah, 'all to put up a show' my ass, he wants money.

Smash him, Donald
He wants to beat Khabib because nobody has and it would be special to be the first person to beat him. He wants to fight Conor because of the payday and he thinks he's a punk. I don't think he's afraid of Tony. The other two just have more meaning. If he keeps winning he'll end up fighting them all anyway, except for maybe cherry picking Conor.

He's 2-2 in his last 4 fights, on a 2 fight win streak, got TKO'd by the guy Khabib just steam rolled and he thinks he deserves a title shot, what planet is he living on? These are clear cut signs of CTE, someone call the doctor!

He just walked through two guys including #5 Barboza in 2 minutes and he's now ranked #5 and fighting the #4 guy, after Tony who else would you give the LW shot to?

He just walked through two guys including #5 Barboza in 2 minutes and he's now ranked #5 and fighting the #4 guy, after Tony who else would you give the LW shot to?

After taking a look at the ranking it appears after Tony, Justin is in a spot for the title shot even though he'll have 3 wins if he beats Cowboy meanwhile Khabib had 9 before a shot and Tony is sitting on 12.

Kinda shitty to get a title shot beating only Vick, Barboza and Cerrone, after getting KOed dead 2 times, but there isn't no one with a much better streak.

He was KOd on his feet pretty much, not dead. After Tony there is no other real option, right?

Doubt he will get past Cowboy. Funny he mentions Khabib and Conor, but not Tony who could give him a FOTY. Yeah, 'all to put up a show' my ass, he wants money.

Smash him, Donald

He didn't forget tony. He said "winner of khabib vs. tony" try reading more than the thread title next time.

I don't know why everyone thinks the one-dimensional midget, Gaethje, is going to beat Cerone.

Cerone, is taller, he is overall bigger at the weight, he is also smarter, multi-dimensional, has more tools, and will ultimately beat the dogshit out of Gaethje.

Gaethje fans, prepare to cry: this fight is no shoe-in, and your boy is actually at the DISadvantage, in the eyes of those who can properly-assess the fighters.

Cerrone is allergic to pressure...Geathje is THE pressure fighter of 155(Tony too I guess but he has xtra crazy sprinkled in)

Even if Cerrone wins a couple early I still think he gets smothered and breaks. No one, including Vegas, would be surprised if Justin flatlines cowboy in the first 5 tho

Funny he mentions Khabib and Conor, but not Tony who could give him a FOTY.

Literally the first line of the OP quotes him calling out the winner of Khabib/Tony... the reading comprehension here is staggering sometimes

If he beats cowboy; after tony vs khabib t gaethje is absolutely in a spot where he could get the winner

1 Tony Ferguson faces khabib next
2 Dustin Poirier Just lost to khabib
3 Conor McGregor just lost to khabib
4 Donald Cerrone will have just lost to gaethje
5 Justin Gaethje 3 fight KO streak
6 Al Iaquinta lost his last fight
7 Paul Felder 1 fight win streak
8 Kevin Lee not in division
9 Edson Barboza lost his last fight
10 Anthony Pettis not in division
Ideal situation the winner of Cowboy Gaethje fights Conor whilst Tony and Khabib finally fight, hell have em on the same card that way seeing how the Khabib Tony matchup is nigh on cursed we'd at least have a decent alternate available should something freaky happen for what the 5th or 6th time.

If he beats cowboy; after tony vs khabib t gaethje is absolutely in a spot where he could get the winner

1 Tony Ferguson faces khabib next
2 Dustin Poirier Just lost to khabib
3 Conor McGregor just lost to khabib
4 Donald Cerrone will have just lost to gaethje
5 Justin Gaethje 3 fight KO streak
6 Al Iaquinta lost his last fight
7 Paul Felder 1 fight win streak
8 Kevin Lee not in division
9 Edson Barboza lost his last fight
10 Anthony Pettis not in division

Incredible how Khabib and Tony are on 12 fight win streaks in such a STACKED division where the others are losing to each other left and right. These 2 are the 2 best LW's of all time, soon we'll know who no.1 is.

Justin vs Conor makes sense and will happen sometime early 2020 imo.

His last 2 wins are vick and barboza before that got kod twice.
Doesnt deserve a shot

Back