Just watched the first Resident Evil

He's not wrong though. You can't tell me the Kano v Sonya Blade fight scene in Mortal Kombat wasn't cheesy as fuck.

I'm saying why is that a deal-breaker? Sure, it wasn't directed by someone like Chris Nolan, who can't seem to make a movie that doesn't take itself super-duper-fucking seriously. I actually think that's a good thing and I think the movie is a lot of fun.

I just rewatched it a few weeks ago and enjoyed it quite a bit.

My response to anyone who complains about the tone of the film:

latest

"Cheesy" seems to be your stock complaint for all video game movies.

Mortal Kombat . . . cheesy! Resident Evil . . . cheesy!

Just can't handle the cheese!

Cheese is the killer for any movie trying to be taken seriously.

You dont like the term? Ok then. Cringe it is.

I'm saying why is that a deal-breaker? Sure, it wasn't directed by someone like Chris Nolan, who can't seem to make a movie that doesn't take itself super-duper-fucking seriously. I actually think that's a good thing and I think the movie is a lot of fun.

I just rewatched it a few weeks ago and enjoyed it quite a bit.

My response to anyone who complains about the tone of the film:

latest
I see what you mean now. I think there's a time and place for it though. Make Johnny Cage as cheesy as you want as that's probably the best representation of his character, but when a police officer is avenging the murder of their partner by fighting hand to hand to the death, I don't really want it to be cheesy.

Who wouldn't like this?

resident-evil-stills-milla-jovovich-4-hero.jpg

"Cheesy" seems to be your stock complaint for all video game movies.

Mortal Kombat . . . cheesy! Resident Evil . . . cheesy!

Just can't handle the cheese!

It is a little funny, especially with RE, considering THIS is it's source material:

It is a little funny, especially with RE, considering THIS is it's source material:

LOL. Oh, dude. . . You make a good point.

We also need to post the original intro. It is so fucking bad that me and a friend of mine still make fun of it 20 years later.

The RE movies are only ok if you are drunk/high and have it playing in the background. I've seen most of them and I don't remember much from them tbh.

I think Rodriguez is bi so you may still have a shot TS.

Her around the early F&F movies she was pretty hot. I like Latinas though.
She looks pissed all the time, I couldn't live with that mug lol

I rented it when I was really young cus I loved the game, thought it was meh, but I really liked the second one.

Never played the game, but I did like the first movie. I would give it a solid 7.

It's like Jay says, you can take any closeup of Jovovich from anywhere in the film, you have no idea what emotion she's supposed to be expressing. An unreadable face.
I'm pretty sure she's only had this many acting jobs because of her husband.

I'm pretty sure she's only had this many acting jobs because of her husband.
Maybe. Pretty girl, but her face is dead. And she's not particularly suited to action scenes.
I HATE the way she kicks and then stands in a pose. What if it doesn't work, now you're just standing defenseless.

still don't know why they greenlit all those awful sequels based on the first awful movie
After RE1 and RE2 Apocalypse the series was deplorable. Movies that were so bad they should have never been released theatrically.
They make a lot of money, also Milla Jovovich's husband is the director. What a fucking plebeian, married to such a beauty and all he can think to do with her and his job as a director is to have her star in these shitty films. I guess he made them both a boatload of money but still...
And yet this is the second best video game movie ever made, sandwitched between Silent Hill and Mortal Kombat.

Boggles the mind.
Video game movies are almost destined to suck. Games have stories that fit their mechanics and structure, which are entirely different from movies. Same reason why movies adapted into games also suck though there are probably more exception going from film to game than vice versa.

Back