Media Just rewatched Whittaker/Romero 2. Pure savagery in the late rounds.

Since when is oblique kicking illegal? Pretty sure if his chin was shattered he wouldn't have able to win a decision.
The point is that while people are shouting how scummy oblique kicks are, they say nothing when their innocent perfect boy starts to spam them. It's disgusting double standards that makes people, like the one I replied to, say Yoel was cheating inside the cage while all the cheating and bad sportmanship behaviour was actually done by Whittaker.

Given the paucity of 10-8 rounds it really doesn't say a thing about the judging. Best Yoel should have got was a draw as he lost rounds 1, 2 and 4 clearly. I could have lived with a trilogy fight. You must be new to MMA if you think that was a robbery.
Says the Aussie.

The point is that while people are shouting how scummy oblique kicks are, they say nothing when their innocent perfect boy starts to spam them. It's disgusting double standards that makes people, like the one I replied to, say Yoel was cheating inside the cage while all the cheating and bad sportmanship behaviour was actually done by Whittaker.
Wtf are you on? You say Whittaker is always bitching but provide ZERO proof or source, oblique kicks are used by half the roster now. If you forgot Yoel destroyed Robs leg in the first fight and now you say because Yoel copped some back its bad sportmanship behaviour?! Dude you have been reaching for weeks. Take it like a man you slob.

Only stupid people. This is why I don't get the whole notion that Yoel won. The 3rd was unquestionably not a 10-8 round, ergo even if you give Yoel the 5th 10-8 which in of itself is controversial, the best he could have done was draw 47-47. The most controversial thing that entire night was one judge giving Yoel the 4th round.
If these little sulky cunts are still crying 7 months after they aren't going to look at the scoring without crazy emotions.

47-47 easy to score.

Anyone that scores this fight differently doesn't know how to score fights.

Great fight and I totally agreed with that decision. Both guys really went for it and showed tremendous heart. I felt bobby knuckles edged it out. Romero doesn't seem to have the actual skill set of a martial artist like Robert has, he just has insane athleticism and amazing reactions and can take a shot well. Its carried him all the way to number one contender which is amazing. But I can honestly say that Romero has been the less skilled guy in many of the fights he won. Add to that, he is 40, we will never see a pure base talent like that ever again. Dude is special in that way.

Whittaker is made out of INSANELY tough stuff, and his resolve and durability were amazing in that fight. The guy is a stud. That said:

Romero won the last three rounds very clearly, and beat the shit out of Bobby Knuckles. You can throw some 10-8s in there if you want, it doesn't matter, Romero won the fight round by round and by damage. I know Bobby broke his hand, and that sucks, but he still got beat the fuck up. Romero can't really make 185 anymore and on those grounds I respect Bobby's spot as champion but people around here act like he's unbeatable, and while tough as nails, he's far from it.

Totally agree in that but Romero is a bigger draw. It was a close fight, even if Yoel won there would have to be a rematch because there was no title due to he missed weight. Its done and some Yoel fans need to take the loss like a man and move on. No one can change history.
Everyone knows the official record won't change, but that also won't change who actually got their ass beat in there. Bobby fans need to accept that he got beat up and stop pretending he actually won the fight, and move on.

Everyone knows the official record won't change, but that also won't change who actually got their ass beat in there. Bobby fans need to accept that he got beat up and stop pretending he actually won the fight, and move on.
So you would rather have a broken orbital than a broken hand? And pretending he won when its official? Dry your eyes gmorky

Wtf are you on? You say Whittaker is always bitching but provide ZERO proof or source, oblique kicks are used by half the roster now. If you forgot Yoel destroyed Robs leg in the first fight and now you say because Yoel copped some back its bad sportmanship behaviour?! Dude you have been reaching for weeks. Take it like a man you slob.
You are hysterical trying to damage control the obvious truth that Yoel whooped Whittaker's ass, obsessed by replying to every post no matter how illogical you sound. You should thank me for giving you the self-reflection you lack, but I know you will keep blathering on trying your best to cope with the harsh truth.

You are hysterical trying to damage control the obvious truth that Yoel whooped Whittaker's ass, obsessed by replying to every post no matter how illogical you sound. You should thank me for giving you the self-reflection you lack, but I know you will keep blathering on trying your best to cope with the harsh truth.
So no source then. You have been exposed as a shit talker. Someone needs to put you sulky bitches in their place.

So no source then. You have been exposed as a shit talker. Someone needs to put you sulky bitches in their place.
What source you imbecile. Watch any of his interviews where they mention the second fight, he immediately starts complaining about his hand that he broke in the third round but tells it is in the first, that no way Yoel could improve so much and it is suspicious, that he sounds the retarded strawman notion of Yoel's skin and muscles feeling like metal and it being due suspicious stuff Yoel did. What are those if not bitching excuses? Stop sniffing your own farts idiot.

So you would rather have a broken orbital than a broken hand? And pretending he won when its official? Dry your eyes gmorky
I'd rather have the broken hand, but I'm not sure what your argument is there. Regardless of the judges score, Whittaker got the absolute shit beat out of him. He lost the last three rounds very clearly and took way more damage through the fight.

And before you tell me to dry my eyes again, I was rooting hard for Whittaker. I'm just keeping it real, he got his ass beat.

Watching it I scored it a draw, admittedly I may have been caught up in the emotion of such a great fight & feeling after such effort neither men deserved to lose.

What source you imbecile. Watch any of his interviews where they mention the second fight, he immediately starts complaining about his hand that he broke in the third round but tells it is in the first, that no way Yoel could improve so much and it is suspicious, that he sounds the retarded strawman notion of Yoel's skin and muscles feeling like metal and it being due suspicious stuff Yoel did. What are those if not bitching excuses? Stop sniffing your own farts idiot.
Wrong. It was one interview where he explains how and when he broke his hand when asked. You equate that to always bitching. Yoel has somehow got bigger and stronger and more durable with age which no one else in MMA history has done. Anyone that knows anything about body science will tell you that isn't natural. Luke said the same plus he has been popped and then the good old Jones tainted excuse comes out. You don't cry about the Ping telling him though!
1klowq.gif

While that's just the way the cookie crumbles and shouldn't affect the judging, it is absurdly impressive. For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure Whittaker broke his hand in the first round.

So he fought Romero for four rounds with a broken hand. And the first time he fought him with a fucked knee.

It was such a close fight but I think the right guy won. Upon first watch it looks like Whittaker was in a lot more terrible than he was. He got hurt, obviously, but I don't think he was ever actually that close to being finished.

Regardless, Whittaker is an absolute beast.

Rich Franklin would be proud of Whittaker. Ace beat the snot out of The Crow with broken hand and foot. Gurgels cornering was epic. Between rounds 1 and 2 he said something like "don´t worry, it will go numb in a minute" lol.

I still don't understand how this fight wasn't scored a draw, but hats off to both guys for being insanely tough.

I havent watched a lot of Whittaker fights, dont know about him. What is the one thing be does really well , and whats the consensus on his place in 185lbs- historically?

I havent watched a lot of Whittaker fights, dont know about him. What is the one thing be does really well , and whats the consensus on his place in 185lbs- historically?

He's incredibly well-rounded, arguably more well-rounded than guys like TJ, no known weaknesses, volume-puncher, good accuracy, good TDD, good defense & chin. His critics are saying he's nothing special and just a transitional champion, but after him fighting Yoel 2 times the consensus among most people is that he's one of the P4P best fighters currently, although not contending for GOAT status in his division after just 1 very controversial title-defense.

Once he beats Gastelum he will get more respect and exposure on here.

Back