Media Just rewatched Whittaker/Romero 2. Pure savagery in the late rounds.

Can they hold ufcs in Cuba though? No? How about in Australia? Yup. See where I'm going with this, both are equally marketable but one of them have a valuable market behind them the ufc can exploit.

Probably not much ppv money in Cuba

Was this the fight where Yoel came out in like a hands up/robotic stance in the early rounds?

Such a scary guy

I still don't understand how this fight wasn't scored a draw, but hats off to both guys for being insanely tough.

That first right hook from Romero would kill lesser men.
Bobby knuckles is one resilient motherfucker.

Butthurt media too I guess.

They had my exact score.

View attachment 505901
LOL @ media judging. Plus even using that just less than half thought Romero didn't win. The judges had my exact score so thats all that matters buddeh. You're making excuses for why Yoel couldn't achieve the win. Whittaker is sitting in Sydney with the belt.

Once he beats Gastelum he will get more respect and exposure on here.
I think this is a very hard fight. Kelvins awesome and even though Bobbys not looking past him, many here are. I can see Gas winning by an early ko/tko. Then the Yoel destroyed Robs chin threads will be non stop and even if RW does get the win he wont get any respect by the majority of sherdog ringworms. If beating Jacare and Yoel twice isn't enough to get respect, nothing will.

Only stupid people. This is why I don't get the whole notion that Yoel won. The 3rd was unquestionably not a 10-8 round, ergo even if you give Yoel the 5th 10-8 which in of itself is controversial, the best he could have done was draw 47-47. The most controversial thing that entire night was one judge giving Yoel the 4th round.
Exactly. Giving Yoel the 4th is far more controversial than giving Yoel a 10-8 in the 5th, which itself is quite controversial.

He's incredibly well-rounded, arguably more well-rounded than guys like TJ, no known weaknesses, volume-puncher, good accuracy, good TDD, good defense & chin. His critics are saying he's nothing special and just a transitional champion, but after him fighting Yoel 2 times the consensus among most people is that he's one of the P4P best fighters currently, although not contending for GOAT status in his division after just 1 very controversial title-defense.

Once he beats Gastelum he will get more respect and exposure on here.

Much appreciated!

Whittaker is made out of INSANELY tough stuff, and his resolve and durability were amazing in that fight. The guy is a stud. That said:

Romero won the last three rounds very clearly, and beat the shit out of Bobby Knuckles. You can throw some 10-8s in there if you want, it doesn't matter, Romero won the fight round by round and by damage. I know Bobby broke his hand, and that sucks, but he still got beat the fuck up. Romero can't really make 185 anymore and on those grounds I respect Bobby's spot as champion but people around here act like he's unbeatable, and while tough as nails, he's far from it.
How can you score round 4 for Romero? The only round possibly 10-8 was round 5.

Says the Aussie.
I'll freely admit I'm biased, what's your excuse, ignorance? Clearly everyone scored the fight for Romero. Must be the biggest robbery in MMA history. Get over it mate. The Reaper won rounds 1,2 and 4. Only controversial thing was whether there should have been any 10-8 rounds and given the paucity of such scores 48-47 was the right result.

The point is that while people are shouting how scummy oblique kicks are, they say nothing when their innocent perfect boy starts to spam them. It's disgusting double standards that makes people, like the one I replied to, say Yoel was cheating inside the cage while all the cheating and bad sportmanship behaviour was actually done by Whittaker.
You really want to bring up cheating and Yoel? Not like he's got a history of dubious behavior to discuss. Who is suggesting oblique kicks are scummy? If you're referring to Jon Jones haters, there's a litany of other reasons as to why Jon Jones is undoubtedly scummy, oblique kicks shouldn't even register.

You really want to bring up cheating and Yoel? Not like he's got a history of dubious behavior to discuss. Who is suggesting oblique kicks are scummy? If you're referring to Jon Jones haters, there's a litany of other reasons as to why Jon Jones is undoubtedly scummy, oblique kicks shouldn't even register.
Bringing up history is bringing up the lamentable fakenews attack on Yoel over stoolgate he wasn't responsible of; but the talk there was about the Whittaker fight specifically, not about their cheating in general, and it was very dishonest to say Yoel cheated in there while Whittaker was the one grabbing the cage and kicking in the nuts.

You realize that Whittaker had a broken hand right?

Just think about that. Whittaker had a broken hand for at least the last 2 rounds AND STILL managed to pull out the win. If Whittaker never broke his hand, he would have finished Romero. The right man won the fight.

Edit: All of you morons that think Romero won the fight, or that it should have been a draw, need to wake up. This picture SAYS IT ALL. Whittaker won rounds 1,2 and 4 very clearly:

DfTpaDCX4AEKuFm.jpg

Maybe you feel that round 5 was 10-8 for Romero, but it wasn't.
None of the judges gave him a 10-8 round. The only logical decision is 48-47 for Whittaker. We can't score the "fight as a whole". Round by round scoring clearly dictates Whittaker winning. Accept it.

<mma4>

Whittaker is made out of INSANELY tough stuff, and his resolve and durability were amazing in that fight. The guy is a stud. That said:

Romero won the last three rounds very clearly, and beat the shit out of Bobby Knuckles. You can throw some 10-8s in there if you want, it doesn't matter, Romero won the fight round by round and by damage. I know Bobby broke his hand, and that sucks, but he still got beat the fuck up. Romero can't really make 185 anymore and on those grounds I respect Bobby's spot as champion but people around here act like he's unbeatable, and while tough as nails, he's far from it.

I havent seen one poster say whittaker is unbeatable?
To question if he is tough as nails or not you just have to look at romeros opponents in the ufc outside of whittaker.
He has finished all of them bar tavares and souza.
Whittaker since going to mw is one tough sob. I doubt anyone would have survived that onslaught from romero (mw) in that second fight.

You realize that Whittaker had a broken hand right?

Just think about that. Whittaker had a broken hand for at least the last 2 rounds AND STILL managed to pull out the win. If Whittaker never broke his hand, he would have finished Romero. The right man won the fight.

Edit: All of you morons that think Romero won the fight, or that it should have been a draw, need to wake up. This picture SAYS IT ALL. Whittaker won rounds 1,2 and 4 very clearly:

DfTpaDCX4AEKuFm.jpg

Maybe you feel that round 5 was 10-8 for Romero, but it wasn't.
None of the judges gave him a 10-8 round. The only logical decision is 48-47 for Whittaker. We can't score the "fight as a whole". Round by round scoring clearly dictates Whittaker winning. Accept it.
totally agree.this isnt boxing and maybe one round could of been 10-8.

Just got my hands on it! Psyched! Have not seen yet!

Back