Media Just rewatched Whittaker/Romero 2. Pure savagery in the late rounds.

Going into the 5th, I remember thinking that Whittaker had to end the fight and Yoel dominated the 5th.
What fight were you watching to think he had to end the fight!?
Lol
He won 3 out of the 4 rds convincingly

Kelvin is going to KO Robert

Yoel soften that chin of Robert's
Yoel's too afraid to fight again tho after getting his face re-arranged and Robs probably gonna KO Kelvin in 3 weeks time lol

You realize that Whittaker had a broken hand right?

Just think about that. Whittaker had a broken hand for at least the last 2 rounds AND STILL managed to pull out the win. If Whittaker never broke his hand, he would have finished Romero. The right man won the fight.

Edit: All of you morons that think Romero won the fight, or that it should have been a draw, need to wake up. This picture SAYS IT ALL. Whittaker won rounds 1,2 and 4 very clearly:

DfTpaDCX4AEKuFm.jpg

Maybe you feel that round 5 was 10-8 for Romero, but it wasn't.
None of the judges gave him a 10-8 round. The only logical decision is 48-47 for Whittaker. We can't score the "fight as a whole". Round by round scoring clearly dictates Whittaker winning. Accept it.
hands can grow back right? damn if you hurt yourself while attempting to hurt your opponent lol thats fooking stupid mate. i got no love for that . how long has whitaker been on the shelf?

What? Whittaker was the one grabbing the cage, non stop oblique kicking and even kicking Yoel in the nuts. Whittaker should be glad he could hide his head under Yoel's crotch and recover when his chin was shattered again.

Your seriously going to complain about the oblique kicks ? Watch the first fight . Karmas a bitch

Unbelievable.

You're so biased it's not even funny. You see what you want to see, so you are blind. Whittaker was opening up a can of whoopass on Romero for the 1st 2 rounds. The tide only turned when Whittaker broke his hand. Believe what you want.

The fact is that Whittaker won both fights, and Romero can't even be bothered to make weight.

The only one being biased in this thread is you.

You realize that Whittaker had a broken hand right?

Just think about that. Whittaker had a broken hand for at least the last 2 rounds AND STILL managed to pull out the win. If Whittaker never broke his hand, he would have finished Romero. The right man won the fight.

Edit: All of you morons that think Romero won the fight, or that it should have been a draw, need to wake up. This picture SAYS IT ALL. Whittaker won rounds 1,2 and 4 very clearly:

DfTpaDCX4AEKuFm.jpg

Maybe you feel that round 5 was 10-8 for Romero, but it wasn't.
None of the judges gave him a 10-8 round. The only logical decision is 48-47 for Whittaker. We can't score the "fight as a whole". Round by round scoring clearly dictates Whittaker winning. Accept it.

You use punch stats to back your argument. Tells me you have no idea what you're watching when you score a fight. Romero hurt Whittaker badly several times.

You use punch stats to back your argument. Tells me you have no idea what you're watching when you score a fight. Romero hurt Whittaker badly several times.
Doesn't matter, at all.

Whittaker won the 4th round. I watched the fight. The punch stats are just icing on the cake.

You cannot score the fight as a whole. Round-by-round scoring dictates a 3-2 decision for Whittaker. Just deal with it kid.

What fight were you watching to think he had to end the fight!?
Lol
He won 3 out of the 4 rds convincingly
Seriously. What is wrong with these people??? Yoel Romero fans are legitimately the worst. The guy is 0-2 against Whittaker and was clearly losing the second fight 3 rounds to 1 going into the 5th.

I feel like Whittaker could beat Yoel 10 times in a row, and they'd still be arguing that Yoel should have won half of those fights.

Going into the 5th, I remember thinking that Whittaker had to end the fight and Yoel dominated the 5th.
Thank god you are not a judge. Whittaker was CLEARLY winning 3 rounds to 1.

Kelvin is going to KO Robert

Yoel soften that chin of Robert's
I've been really critical of Kelvin in the past, but he looks great at 185. I thought his loss to Weidman would be it for him, but he keeps coming. He's definitely got the power and speed to catch Whittaker standing.

However, barring a massive KO punch, I think Whittaker picks him apart. But Kelvin has more than a punchers chance of landing that big right hand.

Crying shame that they robbed the man of a victory.

Blah blah blah, 10-9 system, herp herpy derpy.

Guys, he had 10-8 rounds in both Round 3 and 5, that should not even be debatable and therefore would have won. The idea that not one single judge gave any 10-8 rounds just shows how poor the judging was.

One judge had Romero winning 3, 4 and 5, and winning a flat 48-47. If a judge had been kind enough to at least score one 10-8, then Romero would have had the draw on the other two cards.

Draw at the very least.
Given the paucity of 10-8 rounds it really doesn't say a thing about the judging. Best Yoel should have got was a draw as he lost rounds 1, 2 and 4 clearly. I could have lived with a trilogy fight. You must be new to MMA if you think that was a robbery.

I was really impressed Whittaker stayed on his feet through some of those shots, if Yoel couldnt put him away (juicy Yoel at that, he spent some time in Cuba and then Whittaker said he was much stronger than in their first fight) then I don't see many people at 185 beating him, on the other hand the two fights might've taken a toll on him and now he gets KOed by the next guy.

Why? The Reaper clearly won rounds 1,2 and 4. Even if you gave Yoel the 3rd 10-8 which no one did he'd still have been the one needing the finish.

Romero haters still in denial about The Soldier of God putting a life altering beating on the Reaper.
Surely until you see the Reaper fight again the idea that he put a life altering beating on him is asinine at best. You could argue Whittaker smashing Yoel's orbital bone could prove to be just, if not more life altering.

What? Whittaker was the one grabbing the cage, non stop oblique kicking and even kicking Yoel in the nuts. Whittaker should be glad he could hide his head under Yoel's crotch and recover when his chin was shattered again.
Since when is oblique kicking illegal? Pretty sure if his chin was shattered he wouldn't have able to win a decision.

That makes no sense. Whittaker won round 1, 2, and 4 without question. So did you score the 3rd 10-6 for Romero??

Given the paucity of 10-8 rounds it really doesn't say a thing about the judging. Best Yoel should have got was a draw as he lost rounds 1, 2 and 4 clearly. I could have lived with a trilogy fight. You must be new to MMA if you think that was a robbery.
Somehow, some people think yoel had two 10-8 rounds

Somehow, some people think yoel had two 10-8 rounds
Only stupid people. This is why I don't get the whole notion that Yoel won. The 3rd was unquestionably not a 10-8 round, ergo even if you give Yoel the 5th 10-8 which in of itself is controversial, the best he could have done was draw 47-47. The most controversial thing that entire night was one judge giving Yoel the 4th round.

Last edited:
Back