Just rewatched Rory Macdonald vs Tyron Woodley.

Ducking is ducking. He never said it was part of an agreement against Lombard. He said it was becuase they were friends, and it looked bad if he fought Hector. Hector said "fuck that, let's bang", and Woodley wanted no part of it.

This is clearly not a coincidence, considering he's already trying to pick his fights and avoid Wonderboy.

As I said that was the team saying. So fighters must fight PED users if it supports your agenda? Got it

The guy just went into a locked cage wit Robbie fucken zombie Lawler, and not only lived to tell the tail, damn near killed him, now he's a bonafide duck? I don't even like the guy or his mum, but the dude's a fucken bad ass.

That's exactly what I think, with the dislikes and everything as well.
But sherdog is gonna sherdog.

Woodley has a belt.....you have salt.

Yeah, no doubt I'm salty over Woodley being the champ. Mainly because he's an undeserving coward whose ducked fights for 2 years, then starts dictating terms. Woodley has no fans. He's not a draw.

You guys might laugh at this, but Rory was super confident against Woodley - comparing to post-Lawler.

His mannerisms, his attitude to fighting on the whole, it's all just changed.

Overused statement, but Lawler took Rory's soul. He damaged him beyond repair - mentally and physically.

Tyron has also come a long way I believe. To think he took that much time off and knocks out Zombie Lawler with one crack.

Tyron with stamina would honestly be the best 170er in the world.

I hope he does gets Diaz, and Diaz subs him.

I'm 'lol'ing' by the way people use that expression... ducking.
Maybe you got some source of the statement you just mentioned, I don't know and I really don't care. A fighter became champion and 2 days after he's already ducking right... For me that is just stupid.

And like I said, dunno if it's true what you said about Lombard but I'm pretty sure that Woodley would take a fight against him any given day. The problem is that Lombard is pretty much done.

I really never been a fan of Woodley, and never been followed him enough to know about his statements but I'm pretty sure that he would take a fight against Lombard since he has fought more dangerous and better completion the him.

GTFO woodley isnt ducking anybody. Dude wants to get PAID. sorry but wonderboy doesnt sell ppvs like nick diaz or gsp.

read this link
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/2...tyron-woodley-wants-no-part-of-hector-lombard

if that's not textbook ducking i dont know what is.

It was the pressure from moving forward, that kept Woodley on the back foot. Forcing him on the back foot is how you beat him, Jabbing while moving backwards would not work.

Wonderboy is a better fighter, but this isn't a great style match-up for him. Its feasible Woodley can actually take him down.

The UFC needs to nip this trend in the bud. Fresh champions calling their shots and naming their contenders is bullshit. I miss the days when contenders were predetermined prior to the title fight. Wonderboy would've met Woodley in the octagon post fight and that was that. "Here's your next opponent. We're the match makers, not you. Take a vacation if you want but this who you will be returning against." If they turn it down, strip them. This is turning into some lame boxing bullshit. If they want more money, then they should restructure their contract or kick rocks. Champions have walked before. It's getting out of hand.

Yeah, no doubt I'm salty over Woodley being the champ. Mainly because he's an undeserving coward whose ducked fights for 2 years, then starts dictating terms. Woodley has no fans. He's not a draw.
He's got you rustled big-time, eh?

lol, no it's not. He pretty much only uses it to begin combinations, there's tons of shit that more educated jabbers do which Robbie doesn't. His best shots have always been the right hook, left hand and left kick (which has been curiously absent in many recent fights).

That's actually bullshit
Plenty of great jabbers mainly use it to begin combinations.... because it's the fucking jab. That's just a giant "no shit". That's also false, he uses it at the end of combinations plenty.
His right hook is absolutely money, and in his most recent run he's absolutely been mauling dudes with it... after establishing his jab
His left hand? Monstrous, and he lands it.... off the jab
Robbie has a great jab for his style, it might not be text book but it's fun and diverse. He uses it to dictate both range and tempo, once it's established it remains effective via feints and good footwork. He'll throw it to the body if he needs to, and he'll use it off of covering the opponents lead hand.
Watch his most recent run - His jab has been pivotal to many of the striking exchanges he's one, whether that means the jab itself of the threat of it. There's a reason why the dynamic of the second Rory fight was opposite from their first, and why he was able to beat Hendricks to the punch whenever he wasn't taking minutes off.
Even in the Condit fight (where it was mysteriously absent), it showed itself in the 5th round and in that round he finally started landing his hook and straight that you praise.

We can debate whether it's his most important weapon, but the fact that it's up there is just that. A fact. Watching his fights themselves proves this.
He's a vicious southpaw puncher with a great jab.

Last edited:
He's got you rustled big-time, eh?

Lawler is not my favorite fighter, but I am a fan. Woodley winning the strap is the worst possible outcome for the division. It was like a nightmare watching RL get KO'd by this chump.

Yep, that fight was hilarious. Rory was the one doing some taunting while Tyrone just poop his pants. lol

Lawler is not my favorite fighter, but I am a fan. Woodley winning the strap is the worst possible outcome for the division. It was like a nightmare watching RL get KO'd by this chump.
Stop panicking. It's not even been a week and you goobers have decided it's the end of the world at WW. It's like watching a bunch of women on their period around here. Calm down already.

That's actually bullshit
Plenty of great jabbers mainly use it to begin combinations.... because it's the fucking jab. That's just a giant "no shit". That's also false, he uses it at the end of combinations plenty.
His right hook is absolutely money, and in his most recent run he's absolutely been mauling dudes with it... after establishing his jab
His left hand? Monstrous, and he lands it.... off the jab
Robbie has a great jab for his style, it might not be text book but it's fun and diverse. He uses it to dictate both range and tempo, once it's established it remains effective via feints and good footwork. He'll throw it to the body if he needs to, and he'll use it off of covering the opponents lead hand.
Watch his most recent run - His jab has been pivotal to many of the striking exchanges he's one, whether that means the jab itself of the threat of it. There's a reason why the dynamic of the second Rory fight was opposite from their first, and why he was able to beat Hendricks to the punch whenever he wasn't taking minutes off.
Even in the Condit fight (where it was mysteriously absent), it showed itself in the 5th round and in that round he finally started landing his hook and straight that you praise.

We can debate whether it's his most important weapon, but the fact that it's up there is just that. A fact. Watching his fights themselves proves this.
He's a vicious southpaw puncher with a great jab.
Don't really have time to address this but you're significantly overstating the importance of the jab to his overall game. His right hook is landed mainly as a counter as a notable example. For you to say "it's his best weapon" when it hasn't actually been crucial to any of his performances is pretty misguided.

That's actually exactly how it works. Woodley doesn't have to sign on to anything he doesn't want to.

And the fact that he thinks a "money fight" is anything more than "an opponent who can carry the fight on their name alone" is hilarious. He's Tyrone Woodley. He's not, nor has he ever been a "money fight" guy.

Absolutely correct. However if the UFC wanted to play hard ball, they could offer him up Wonderboy, and only Wonderboy...and then let Tyrone wait out his year, then take the belt away due to inactivity.

Absolutely correct. However if the UFC wanted to play hard ball, they could offer him up Wonderboy, and only Wonderboy...and then let Tyrone wait out his year, then take the belt away due to inactivity.

Don't be surprised. If the UFC and Diaz aren't as into the fight as much as Woodley, he'll sit on his ass again until he gets what he wants or they strip him.

What really interests me is how this plays out with new ownership. Woodley clearly was well liked enough to wait at a desk for his shot, and Diaz has made it clear he wants big fights on his terms, something I don't see new owners thinking he deserves.

How this plays out could be great insight on what direction the UFC's going in.

Robbie just fought the wrong fight vs Woodley, he gave him space and was flat footed looking to land...he should have waited to do that until the 3rd 4th or 5th round...Woodley only is a threat for a rd or 2 then fades...even more so if he starts to get hit. Woodley also has zero game when being backed up.

Was a nice KO by Woodley but he is definitely not the best in the division and that will be shown when he loses his next fight vs a contender.

Back