Just rewatched Rory Macdonald vs Tyron Woodley.

Don't really have time to address this but you're significantly overstating the importance of the jab to his overall game. His right hook is landed mainly as a counter as a notable example. For you to say "it's his best weapon" when it hasn't actually been crucial to any of his performances is pretty misguided.
Sorry dude, I disagree with you here.
Watch his performances/rounds when he establishes his jab versus when he doesn't.
I'm not saying you're wrong - I simply disagree. I think you're undervaluing the jab here period. He doesn't have to KenFlo vs Gomi a dude with his jab for it to be educated and extremely important to his game. His worst recent performance was Condit, a fight where he was OVER reliant on his right hook and never bothered to jab at all and arguably lost because of it. It's his jab that led him against Hendricks the first time, and in the rounds that he won the second time. It's his jab that led him to style all over Rory from a technical standpoint and force Rory (generally a calm tactician) to get wild in trying to win the fight. It was even his jab that set up the knee against Jake Ellenberger

Dude went from being schooled by Lorenz Larkin, Tim Kennedy and freaking Babalu to beating up top 5 WWs and winning the belt.

This undeserving clown takes a year and a half layoff, and now wants "easy" big money fights.....This is the reason I despise T-Wood.
Wait.
Nick Diaz is easy money now?
What? ??

Why is everyone so salty woodley won? How salty are you guys going to be when he knocks wonderboy out or wrestlefucks him?

Woodley ducked Lombard BEFORE he got popped.

I just noticed something. Woodley fought a higher ranked McDonald instead of a lower ranked Lombard.

So it's ducking when you fight higher competition?

I guess shertard darling Gustafsson Ducks the entire top 10 lhw division

It is possible Woodley has put all his tools together like Lawler did at the same camp.

If he can tighten his defense, look for the power shot and blast takedowns he is a threat to anyone in the top 10.

I agree he isn't the most likeable guy but he has the tools

I just noticed something. Woodley fought a higher ranked McDonald instead of a lower ranked Lombard.

So it's ducking when you fight higher competition?

I guess shertard darling Gustafsson Ducks the entire top 10 lhw division
This came AFTER a loss to Rory. Lombard was around Top 5 at the time, iirc

I'm also not a fan of Gus, I think he's overrated. Should try arguing with what I actually say, not what you wish I had said.

Back