Just rewatched Rory Macdonald vs Tyron Woodley.

Great to see Woodley rebound from adversity to become champ. Something Rory has yet to do. I'm sure actual fans of MMA can appreciate that.
What adversity? He sat on the sidelines, so he didn't have to face a whole lot of it. Had he have beaten Hendricks, or Rory, I could see where you're coming from. If he fought Rory, again, he would get beaten, again.

look man. he said it himself, right. I'm not making it up. he wants Nick Diaz or GSP. and based off of bisping vs hendo II, woodley might as well get what he wishes for. he doesn't want the #1 contender who beat the former #1 contender for it. he wants to fight a guy who doesn't get a win since 2011. it's called ducking.

Look man, it's call fight business and it begins when a fighter is in the A-side position. But is this case it is just a comment of who Woodley prefers to fight with and it doesn't means ducking and not even means that it's a fact that DIaz or GSP are settle next. You can not hide when you're a champion and eventually would have to fight the best out there so people will bring that "ducking thing" one way or another when the reality is that most of the fighters would fight whoever they put in front of him. That's his job and just silly people believe that choose a fighter over another means ducking.

Look man, it's call fight business and it begins when a fighter is in the A-side position. But is this case it is just a comment of who Woodley prefers to fight with and it doesn't means ducking and even that it's a fact that DIaz or GSP are settle next. You can not hide when you're a champion and eventually would have to fight the best out there so people will bring that "ducking thing" one way or another when the reality is that most of the fighters would fight whoever they put in front of him. That's his job and just silly people believe that choose a fighter over another means ducking.
so nothing is ducking then, ok

Woodley pretty much directly said he's gonna avoid challenges in favor of easy fights that make him more $.

I'd bet money he never defends his belt vs anyone currently top 5 at welterweight.
Nah I disagree, he doesn't have enough clout or name recognition for the UFC to allow him to do this. If he fights Diaz and wins there is no way his next fight isn't against either Wonderboy, Condit or Maia

If you announce your intent to duck contenders immediately after winning a title you should be stripped, fired, and banned.

It's legit his best weapon

Okay bud
lol, no it's not. He pretty much only uses it to begin combinations, there's tons of shit that more educated jabbers do which Robbie doesn't. His best shots have always been the right hook, left hand and left kick (which has been curiously absent in many recent fights).

What adversity? He sat on the sidelines, so he didn't have to face a whole lot of it. Had he have beaten Hendricks, or Rory, I could see where you're coming from. If he fought Rory, again, he would get beaten, again.

The entire point of this thread is to take shots at Woodley, period. It's a veiled hate thread. Woodley got beaten soundly by Rory, but Rory suffered a loss to Lawler that actually disturbed people, due to the severity of punishment he took. Maybe Woodley would get beaten just as soundly again, but Woodley is champ now. CHAMP. To see people shitting on that man achieving his goal, and the affirmation of his self belief does not make Woodley look bad at all. It's making you all look like petulant children.

maybe u missed the part where 2 minutes after winning the belt he told the consensus #1 contender with 2 top 5 wins and a KO of a former champion "i think u should fight robbie lawler, i want nick diaz he deserves it."

there has literally never existed a more obvious case of ducking
Again, that is what he prefers. I think that the mandatory should be Wonderboy but UFC make some twisted shit when it comes to make fights, similar to Bisping vs Hendo II.

About 2ish years ago or so, Woodley said he didn't want to fight Lombard because it wouldn't be good for his name, or something.

Basically he said there's a good chance he'd lose so he didn't want the fight. He's always been a quacker

I really never been a fan of Woodley, and never been followed him enough to know about his statements but I'm pretty sure that he would take a fight against Lombard since he has fought more dangerous and better completion the him.

Nah I disagree, he doesn't have enough clout or name recognition for the UFC to allow him to do this. If he fights Diaz and wins there is no way his next fight isn't against either Wonderboy, Condit or Maia

Kinda disagreeing with yourself here, he's only getting the Diaz fight if he does, because he wants it.

Money wise the UFC can make as much, actually probably.more, with Diaz/Condit or Diaz/Lawler and by building Wonderboy in a title fight. He can hold out for whatever he wants, nothing happens until he signs and the UFC has a precedent of conceding to champs rather than letting them vacate.

Lmfao
Lawler never jabs?

RapidBitterEmu.gif

ThisHandsomeHarborseal.gif

Johny_Hendricks_vs._Robbie_Lawler_5.gif

SpanishThoughtfulHawaiianmonkseal.gif

counter%2Bleft%2Bgif.gif

It's legit his best weapon

Okay bud

Thank you for saying that. And WB doesn't have a better jab than Rory or Lawler. He uses that lazy flick jab but I still think Woodley touches him in a way he's never been touched since Jake Ellenberger.

I'm 'lol'ing' by the way people use that expression... ducking.
Maybe you got some source of the statement you just mentioned, I don't know and I really don't care. A fighter became champion and 2 days after he's already ducking right... For me that is just stupid.

And like I said, dunno if it's true what you said about Lombard but I'm pretty sure that Woodley would take a fight against him any given day. The problem is that Lombard is pretty much done.
judge by yourself

I really never been a fan of Woodley, and never been followed him enough to know about his statements but I'm pretty sure that he would take a fight against Lombard since he has fought more dangerous and better completion the him.

He blatantly ducked Lombard and I'm a fan of neither. Was one of the most obvious ducks in history.

[

If you don't know about his statements and aren't a fan of his what is it that makes you SURE he would take a fight against Lombard you thinly-hidden fanboy?

He already quacked the fuck outta Lombard. This isn't a Sherdogism, this is what's actually happening.
Yeah I know, that's what they say, and I started posting when the Ducking Wonderboy came out. We have a straight ducking welter champion according to sherdog. Not surprised ...

Last edited:
Kinda disagreeing with yourself here, he's only getting the Diaz fight if he does, because he wants it.

Money wise the UFC can make as much, actually probably.more, with Diaz/Condit or Diaz/Lawler and by building Wonderboy in a title fight. He can hold out for whatever he wants, nothing happens until he signs and the UFC has a precedent of conceding to champs rather than letting them vacate.
I disagree with your disagree sir. I think the only reason they are letting him fight Diaz is because they know Woodley nor Wonderboy have the name to carry a PpV, and the Diaz name is hot right now. Plus I'm assuming the UFC believes Woodley easily wins so that should build his name up some more for the Wonderboy match, which will probably have another title fight on the card (either smaller weight men or women)

[

If you don't know about his statements and aren't a fan of his what is it that makes you SURE he would take a fight against Lombard you thinly-hidden fanboy?
That he has already fought way better competition.

Its very clear that Woodley wants no part of Wonderboy right now. He rather take a high-paying, winnable fight. I cant blame him for that but as a fight fan he needs to fight the top most deserving guy next.

Woodley loses to Wonderboy and feel style-wise Woodley beats Maia.......

Back