Just rewatched Rory Macdonald vs Tyron Woodley.

andy9432

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Rory had the perfect gameplan for Woodley. Spamming jabs so Woodley couldnt find his rhytm, pressed up against the cage.

Woodley completely panicked over all of Macdonald's jabs. I believe if Thompson fights him hes gonna use the same gameplan against Woodley.

As much as i like Lawler he never jabs and you HAVE to jab against Woodley in order to win. PERIOD.

I feel Woodley is ducking Thompson based on that Macdonald fight. Do you guys agree?

Discuss.

woodley is ducking thompson because he knows what's best for him... thompson would destroy him and make it look easy

I'm still in mourning over the Lawler loss...Anybody but Woodley, FUCK!

i think Woodley KTFO's Wonderboy, he just wants money fights, his has a big family

Woodley pretty much directly said he's gonna avoid challenges in favor of easy fights that make him more $.

I'd bet money he never defends his belt vs anyone currently top 5 at welterweight.

Rory is definitely one of the more cerebral fighters at WW.

He made Woodleys skillset look pedestrian. Pressured him the whole fight worrying about nothing but a lunging overhand right and a power double.

g6_RoA.gif

(IMO Woodley is the WW Eddie Alvarez... A hard hitting explosive fighter with good wrestling who capitalized on his lotto ticket but would probably get beat by most of the Top 10.)

It seems that he is asking for a fight against a LW, and one not exactly at the top.....SMH with these new champs asking for easier fights to try and hold the belt for longer straight out of the post fight press conference.

Lmfao
Lawler never jabs?

RapidBitterEmu.gif

ThisHandsomeHarborseal.gif

Johny_Hendricks_vs._Robbie_Lawler_5.gif

SpanishThoughtfulHawaiianmonkseal.gif

counter%2Bleft%2Bgif.gif

It's legit his best weapon

Okay bud

Woodley pretty much directly said he's gonna avoid challenges in favor of easy fights that make him more $.

I'd bet money he never defends his belt vs anyone currently top 5 at welterweight.

He can't fight who he wants. That's not how things work. He fights who the ufc tells him to fight. He works for the ufc. When you can bring in the ppv money conor can, they maybe you can decide on occasion.

woodley is an entitled brat i hope they shelf him for another year and make an interim title for thompson vs. mai/condit

the woodley type of attitude and the sale will ruin the ufc for a while here.

he never shoulda had a title shot, not sure what ufc were thinking
and, yes, condit would have beat him if his knee buckle

at least Miocic will fight all comers, I think

This undeserving clown takes a year and a half layoff, and now wants "easy" big money fights.....This is the reason I despise T-Wood.

He can't fight who he wants. That's not how things work. He fights who the ufc tells him to fight. He works for the ufc. When you can bring in the ppv money conor can, they maybe you can decide on occasion.

That's actually exactly how it works. Woodley doesn't have to sign on to anything he doesn't want to.

And the fact that he thinks a "money fight" is anything more than "an opponent who can carry the fight on their name alone" is hilarious. He's Tyrone Woodley. He's not, nor has he ever been a "money fight" guy.

This undeserving clown takes a year and a half layoff, and now wants "easy" big money fights.....This is the reason I despise T-Wood.

That makes it so much worse, he talks like he just finished 8 wars and is an old man ready to set himself up to ride off into the sunset. He sat around forever blatantly turning down fights because he felt so entitled, the second he gets what he waited for he's talking like he's done.

If I were the UFC I'd give him a mil to drop the title and retire for the sake of the sport.

Honestly, I don't see Woodley beating any of the top 4 in the division in 5 rounds including Lawler in a rematch. Was worried about this fight from Lawlers side because he is a guy that clearly is a better fighter the more active he is and that was a long layoff. His slow reaction time on that sleeping pill Woodley gave him is indicative of that. He has a win over Condit, but let's be honest doesn't tell you very much when analyzing a rematch. I believe Maia will tie him up and tire him out on the ground in a a fight The UFC wants no part of. I don't think he has any answers for an elusive striker like Thomspon. Listen, he has the Thunder to put any of these guys out, but he hasn't shown any consistency at all in his career to deliver knock out blows like Saturday. Happy for TWood, but honestly, He'll shock me again if he even defends that title once.

The champ now wants to fight an undersized Diaz, who hasn't won a big fight since 2011. Or GSP,,,,,who is retired. Fuck this guy. And fuck Dana White and Joe Silva for giving this chump the undeserved opportunity.

That makes it so much worse, he talks like he just finished 8 wars and is an old man ready to set himself up to ride off into the sunset. He sat around forever blatantly turning down fights because he felt so entitled, the second he gets what he waited for he's talking like he's done.

If I were the UFC I'd give him a mil to drop the title and retire for the sake of the sport.

Can the UFC "cut" a current champ for being a cowardice douche?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back