Just rewatched JDS vs Shane Carwin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymfighter

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Junior Dos Santos is on fire in the first round like always and the round ends in JDS buckling Carwin with a shot and pounding his face to a bloody pulp. Carwin survives and in the second round JDS isnt even close to as crisp and fast as in the first round. His puncher are slow in his overhand right attempts look awkward. Carwin gets a nice hook straight to Juniors chin and takes it like a man. Carwin gets him down a few times but JDS has amazing takedown defense and if he goes to the ground he explodes immediately up. The third round theres no surprises except the endind, JDS takes Carwin down but carwin sinks a nice looking kinda anaconda choke and it seems tight. JDS seemed like he didnt know what to do and the round ends.

So the Velasques - JDS rematch. Cain needs to survive the first round and as the fight goes to later rounds i thin Cain has the better chance to win. He just needs to grind him and tire him. Some takedowns and grinding against the fence.
My first prediction was JDS Tko/Ko on the second round but as i rewatched this and the mir fight on mind i think Cain can win this IF he survives the first round.

That's a lot easier said than done.

If Junior gets Cain in a similar spot like he did Carwin the fight will end.

Of course Cain can win if he survives the first, but that is a BIG if imo.

Wrong on the choke from side control. JDS wasn't worried and knew Carwin couldn't finish it (seen the Gracie breakdown Carwin isn't that technical a grappler to finish it) so rode it out to the bell.
You make it sound like Carwin was doing well when in reality the fight was a one-sided beatdown.

Honestly, I hope Cain gets KO'd again fast. Tired of these blanket tactic fighters, hopefully JDS will turn the tides in MMA and get those boring fucks out.

Honestly, I hope Cain gets KO'd again fast. Tired of these blanket tactic fighters, hopefully JDS will turn the tides in MMA and get those boring fucks out.

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

Wrong on the choke from side control. JDS wasn't worried and knew Carwin couldn't finish it (seen the Gracie breakdown Carwin isn't that technical a grappler to finish it) so rode it out to the bell.
You make it sound like Carwin was doing well when in reality the fight was a one-sided beatdown.

It looked kinda tight and Carwin was rolling like your suppose to do to tighten the choke.

Even Frank mir survived to the second round. And he looked tired and slow as hell.

Even Frank Mir?

Who cares about Mir, JDS and Cain have already fought and JDS won....quickly. Why don't you analyze Cain's performance instead of Mir or Carwin's? Much more relevant to this fight isn't it?

Even Frank Mir?

Who cares about Mir, JDS and Cain have already fought and JDS won....quickly. Why don't you analyze Cain's performance instead of Mir or Carwin's? Much more relevant to this fight isn't it?

Dude he fought bigfoot? The guy cant throw a kick without being off balance. (Watch the Browne fight)

he is a bit. jds will never win a fight by wrestling/decision

Cain has beat the hell out of Lesnar, Bigfoot, Nog, Rothwell, and pretty much everyone but Kongo. Lesnar and Nog stoppages both came on the feet and if you're going to call what he did to Bigfoot "blanketing" well.....

Shane Carwin choked himself out against the Baddest Man on the Planet and future UFC Hall of Famer, Brock Lesnar

Cain has beat the hell out of Lesnar, Bigfoot, Nog, Rothwell, and pretty much everyone but Kongo. Lesnar and Nog stoppages both came on the feet and if you're going to call what he did to Bigfoot "blanketing" well.....

ROFL. Like Lesnar is great at taking punches and delivering them. We all saw what it takes to beat a straight wrestler, Carwin showed it but was flawed because of his cardio.

A KO over Nog? Like that honestly means alot this late in his career. Regardless of his wins over Herman and Schaub, Big Nog has been at the end for a while now and when he gets clipped he starts to dance. He got TKO'd by Mir for Christ sake.

Rothwell? He was grinded on until Cain got the TKO and same with Kongo (Once Kongo damn near rearranged Cain's skull)

Cain be rasslin.

Even Frank Mir?

Because their isnt much to analyze. Cain got his ass whooped before the fight even started. I was analyzing the other fights in hope that Cain has learned something from them too and survives this time the second round and then the fight gets interesting.

ROFL. Like Lesnar is great at taking punches and delivering them. We all saw what it takes to beat a straight wrestler, Carwin showed it but was flawed because of his cardio.

A KO over Nog? Like that honestly means alot this late in his career, regardless of his wins over Herman and Schaub, Big Nog has been at the end for a while now. Guy got TKO'd by Mir.

Rothwell he grinded on until he got the TKO and same with Kongo, once Kongo damn near rearranged his skull.

Cain be rasslin.

Did I ever say Lesnar was good at taking punches? No....

You claimed that Cain is a blanket and that's simply not true.

cain-bigfoot-bloodbath.jpg

That is not blanketing. Just log out of your account, seriously.

It looked kinda tight and Carwin was rolling like your suppose to do to tighten the choke.

There was no time to sink the submission and JDS knew it, otherwise he wouldn't have got caught in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back