Just remember Eddie effing Alvarez and Dustin peahead Poirier smeshed Justin "worldbeater" Gaethje

I would agree, I think Conor probably beats Gaethje but this idea that they shouldn’t fight because it’d be too easy of a fight for Conor is laughable. I mean where was this thought process when the fight this past weekend was being announced? IMO Cowboy is an easier fight than Gaethje.

gaethje has ZERO notable wins. also his name is hard to spell.

I don't know who this "Gaethje" fella is, but I have more than a sneaking suspicion that he is a name that irrational Conor haters will throw out as a way to discredit the GOAT. I am old enough to remember when Chad Mendes was the guy to stop Conor, what happened? The GOAT slaughtered him. This "Gaethje" guy would be no different.

Justin is way too hittable and has taken so much damage over his career, his chin finally cracked too.

If Justin wrestles then it's an interesting fight but if he tries to strike against Conor he's gonna get countered all night.

People here will hype up Justin and ignore the facts, Conor will starch him with ease, then everybody will say Justin's a sloppy striker that's always been beatable. Happens to every opponent that fights Conor. They're elite fighters until Conor murks them, then they're bums.
It's been 2 years since he took any damage

I'm guessing a fighter never can improve. Conor may very well win if they fought. It would be interesting to see where each guy is at these days. Just dismissing him as a challenge is short sighted. If you go on the past then Conor should never get a chance at Khabib again since we saw that fight already. Fighters evolve. Fanboys dont. If Conor is truly back then there shouldn't be any concern in taking this fight.

I don't know who this "Gaethje" fella is, but I have more than a sneaking suspicion that he is a name that irrational Conor haters will throw out as a way to discredit the GOAT. I am old enough to remember when Chad Mendes was the guy to stop Conor, what happened? The GOAT slaughtered him. This "Gaethje" guy would be no different.

if you don't know who he is then it's hard to determine if he's a challenge or not. Lol
I'm not a Conor hater but it's sad good competition gets dismissed.
Conor may very well win and if so it's another notch on his belt and a great win.

Imagine how bad James Vick would beat Conor after watching what he did to Joe Duffy.

While trying to come across smart, you exposed yourself as an idiot.

I have a feeling your ancestors made snake oil salesmen very rich.

Cause you're sure buying UFC snake oil if you believe that was a real fight.

Idiot ? Pot meet kettle.

You said Poirier would kill Conor. As if Conor didn't obliterate him in 40 seconds a few years ago. I didn't say anything about Joe Duffy. I never said Conor will kill Joe Duffy...

And Duffy took care of Conor, didn't he ?

Showing you how stupid MMAth is.

So there should be no fear signing a bout agreement against him then? :)
I'd imagine there's little upside to signing on for such a fight either, apart from gaining a modicum of respect from the non casuals for forgoing an easier route to another title shot. As much as I enjoy watching Justin Gaethje fight from the UFC's perspective I can't envisage a massive bump in PPV buys in any potential Khabib Conor 2 fight should he have to get through Gaethje first, and yes that's predicated on Khabib beating Tony which is certainly not guaranteed. Seems to be a case of high risk little reward. If the UFC's inclined to give Conor a title shot post the Cowboy fight Justin will likely get skipped with little fanfare from casuals but with some noise on these and similar MMA boards. Is it fair if that happens, no but as Max said it is what it is.

Yeah. Those guys didn’t smash him. They went life and death with him.

So you got nothing, thanks for proving my point.

7584376.jpg

Last edited:
Whether or not Justin has anything for Conor doesn't matter. If Conor wants that belt, he should have to beat contenders at Lightweight. That's what being a champ is all about. It's not about just winning that fight at the top because styles make fights, it's about proving your worth along the way. McGregor has already fought twice for the Lightweight belt without beating any contenders along the way, and he'll likely do it a third time.

Rankings aren't about who has the most chance of beating the current champ, they're about who is currently most deserving of that opportunity. That's something a lot of MMA fans forget. Maybe Struve could beat Miocic again, doesn't mean he should leap-frog right into a title fight.
i wish I could like this twice.

Lol guys evolve, matchups matter in MMA. Justins gotten smarter in his last few fights and has been finishing guys without takig much damage . Also, Eddie could barely walk by the end of the fight and had to go through hell to get the win. Dustin left with damage as well.

Whether or not Justin has anything for Conor doesn't matter. If Conor wants that belt, he should have to beat contenders at Lightweight. That's what being a champ is all about. It's not about just winning that fight at the top because styles make fights, it's about proving your worth along the way. McGregor has already fought twice for the Lightweight belt without beating any contenders along the way, and he'll likely do it a third time.

Rankings aren't about who has the most chance of beating the current champ, they're about who is currently most deserving of that opportunity. That's something a lot of MMA fans forget. Maybe Struve could beat Miocic again, doesn't mean he should leap-frog right into a title fight.
This. And Gaethje is a great matchup. Honestly, they both just finishes Cerrone. Hes on a 3 fight win streak. Real Potential for a crazy fight or KO for Conor or KO for Gaethje. Gaurunteed fireworks.

and Dustin thinks Conor would win

I have a feeling your ancestors made snake oil salesmen very rich.

Cause you're sure buying UFC snake oil if you believe that was a real fight.

Idiot ? Pot meet kettle.

I bet you're basement is also prepared for the apocalypse?

How long ago was that again ? Also note, he won a decision...*golfclap*

By your logic, Duffy and Sitenkov would finish McTapper again, right ?

Same with Khabib, so no need for a rematch.

Way to own yourself, lol.

You're a one man army in this thread. It's been an enjoyable read.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back