Just remember Eddie effing Alvarez and Dustin peahead Poirier smeshed Justin "worldbeater" Gaethje

I dont see why anyone wants to watch punching bag Gaethje get starched by Connor. He has nothing for Khabib either. Masvidal is the obvious fight to make. Even Diaz 3 would be more competitive and entertaining.

Justin is way too hittable and has taken so much damage over his career, his chin finally cracked too.

If Justin wrestles then it's an interesting fight but if he tries to strike against Conor he's gonna get countered all night.

People here will hype up Justin and ignore the facts, Conor will starch him with ease, then everybody will say Justin's a sloppy striker that's always been beatable. Happens to every opponent that fights Conor. They're elite fighters until Conor murks them, then they're bums.
Quoted the wrong guy lol

I don't want to bash the guy but he was technically inferior to two fighters that Conor beat with ease, showing much better striking acumen than both of them. At the same time, Alvarez' wrestling was completely ineffective and Justin is no Khabib.

So I can't understant all this Gaethje hype and "he shoulda fought Gaethje" talk to prove himself. It's another thing if you say that he was in need of climbing the rankings to get a TS.
We all know Conor does not need to climb anything or win a fight for the UFC to give him a TS. Cowboy was just a comeback fight and, although not elite, he is still a decent well rounded fighter.
For some reason fans of this sport believe a fighter can erase several years of training in addition to changing their instinct over a short period. But they can't, gaethje is still the same guy that got beat by Eddie and Dustin. It doesn't mean he can't win, it's not like Conor has developed into an un-hittable cardio machine.

- JG: three fight win streak, all KOs, just knocked out Cowboy

- Cowboy: two fight losing streak, all TKO, just got knocked out by JG

Guess which one Conor picked to fight?

What about it didn't look real? The blood? Was it fake?

I'm not going to say anything about the whole conspiracy theory thing but I wanted to ask you a question in regards to the effort Cerrone displayed in that fight.

Did you feel like he really tried? I expected him to start slow as usual and be susceptible to Conor's first round striking output but seriously. Cerrone took some friggin shoulder hits and one kick and after that he just gave up. wtf was that? He wasn't KO'd, he was just done after a few hits 40 seconds into a fight. I don't remember him even throwing a single punch. That was complete bullshit from Cerrone. I don't think he's a quitter I just don't see how he showed up to actually fight at all.

I don't want to bash the guy but he was technically inferior to two fighters that Conor beat with ease, showing much better striking acumen than both of them. At the same time, Alvarez' wrestling was completely ineffective and Justin is no Khabib.

So I can't understant all this Gaethje hype and "he shoulda fought Gaethje" talk to prove himself. It's another thing if you say that he was in need of climbing the rankings to get a TS.
We all know Conor does not need to climb anything or win a fight for the UFC to give him a TS. Cowboy was just a comeback fight and, although not elite, he is still a decent well rounded fighter.

and remember khabib smashed conrat who is 1-2 at LW, so he definitely has to climb up, specially since he didn't the first time, at least he should deserve his second shot

Look kids, a retard.

Btw you do know that Conor already beat both Max and Dustin?

Justin got finished by two of Conor's sloppy seconds (Dustin and Eddie). He's got nothing for Conor on the feet.

Masvidal is the only one that's interesting imo.

conrat wants a rematch when he lost but refuses to rematch someone he beat, you can't have one without the other

I'm not going to say anything about the whole conspiracy theory thing but I wanted to ask you a question in regards to the effort Cerrone displayed in that fight.

Did you feel like he really tried? I expected him to start slow as usual and be susceptible to Conor's first round striking output but seriously. Cerrone took some friggin shoulder hits and one kick and after that he just gave up. wtf was that? He wasn't KO'd, he was just done after a few hits 40 seconds into a fight. I don't remember him even throwing a single punch. That was complete bullshit from Cerrone. I don't think he's a quitter I just don't see how he showed up to actually fight at all.

He didn't have the time to try. What were he supposed to have done? He clinched, got busted up with shoulder strikes. And it's not that it wasn't visible that he actually got busted up by them. Then stepped back, tried a kick that got blocked, received a kick that - visibly - snapped his head back and rocked him. Then got overwhelmed by punches, of which a great deal actually landed.

There's literally no controversy here.

Gaejthe vs. Poirer 2 book it:eek::eek::eek:
wynner gets a chance to be KOed by the new 3 division champ
tenor.gif

I suggest you go rewatch those fights, it was far from a "smeshing".

I'm far from being a Conor fan, but I do believe that he beats Gaethje AND Ferguson. Both eat way too many shots on the feat, and one from Conor could potentially put them out. Both stand a solid chance if they wrestle and decide to stop eating fists with their face. I also believe that Masvidal beats Conor at his own game, Usman and Khabib grapple fuck him.

The people saying Gaethje would destroy Conor are the same people who would be calling him an overhyped bum who lost to Alvarez and Poirier if Conor beat him.

Well, that's the issue people are complaining about. You answered your own question.

Gaethje has earned the #1 contender status. Conor hasn't. So folks prefer a more merit based system where Conor has to beat the #1 contender before getting another title shot.

Everyone - and I mean every single person - who is calling for Conor to fight Gaethje knows that a) it probably won't happen, b) $ drives this thing, and c) the standard procedures for earning title fights don't apply to Conor. They just wish the rules did apply to Conor and that he would have to follow a more typical road to a rematch, and are voicing that opinion.

Plus, it's a hell of a fucking fight. There is no better fight out there, for actual fight fans who like actual skillful barn burner brawls. Any combination of these 2 guys and Tony is insta-fun.

But Dana doesn't dare do it. And you and I and everyone else here knows why.

Incorrect. YOU prefer a more merit based system. People speak with their wallets and the people have spoken, they want to see Conor, not Homer.

Wow seems like Conrad, isnt as confident as you when it comes to Gaethje. If he were that easy why not fight him?
Looks like his manager wants gaethje so maybe be a bit more patient

Look kids, a retard.

Btw you do know that Conor already beat both Max and Dustin?

Justin got finished by two of Conor's sloppy seconds (Dustin and Eddie). He's got nothing for Conor on the feet.

Masvidal is the only one that's interesting imo.

Since Conor beat Max and Dustin means he shouldn’t fight them again, you know that in turn means Conor shouldn’t fight Khabib again right?

This mma math line of reasoning Conor fans do is transparent and single level thinking.

So fighter bashing is ok on Sherdog now? You no longer get cards for straight up insulting fighters?

It seems that Conor haters have very low IQs. Sad!

Back