Just one Brazilian champ left

Yeah

I 'm hardcore 'murican
BUT this thread is stupid

Great chance Machida is MW champ shortly, Aldo is one of the best-- still pleanty of great fighters Brazil has to offer. Lighten the fuck up

Agreed X 10

Pretty crazy. I'm from the US but I don't really give a shit. I always enjoyed Brazilian champions.

Aldo will lose soon though, or at least come ridiculously close to losing his title.

1 thing about aldo is he would never lose the way barao did

aldo would of thrown leg kicks if he was getting out boxed
45.gif

97fd61c1ebe21c241c87f340b4ca49ee.gif

and he sure as hell would of shot takedowns
Jose-Aldo-vs.-Chan-Sung-Jung-2.gif

and he would of constantly thrown back even if he got tagged
Jose_Aldo_vs._Mark_Hominick_8.gif

It's obvious Brazil MMA is on the decline.
What's it got to do with?
Wrestling!
Wrestling, being the dominant base for MMA & having its greatest foundations in the USA, it's only natural that within 5 years time all current champs will be wrestlers (most of them American) & there's not a damn thing anyone else can say/do about it.
The striker/BJJ archetype, most popular in Brazil, becomes obsolete.
Pettis & Aldo will eventually fall to wrestlers.

brazilians fighters, football players are lazy. They become succesful and dominate for years, but they lose the fire and loose. Aldo is next!

USA is the country where this sport is the most famous, evolved, and where there are the best gyms.

And the UFC is an American company, where most of the fighters are Americans.

How can you be surprised about that ?

Weidman is going to lose his belt very soon.

And Aldo isn't losing to Mendes and he would wreck Pettis.

You sound quite desperately biased there.

Mendes has alot better odds than TJD did. Mendes has been on a tear and Team Alpha Male has all the momentum.

Pettis would embarass Aldo.

Weidman vs Machida will be an intense fight. Machida could get his hand raised, but Weidman has a better chance at beating Machida than Anderson.

But, anything could happen.

Why is it crazy? More than 80% of the roster are americans.

You sound quite desperately biased there.

Mendes has alot better odds than TJD did. Mendes has been on a tear and Team Alpha Male has all the momentum.

Pettis would embarass Aldo.

Weidman vs Machida will be an intense fight. Machida could get his hand raised, but Weidman has a better chance at beating Machida than Anderson.

But, anything could happen.

Pettis embarrass Aldo? Please

it was Pettis who pulled out and magically healed.

Aldo would wreck him.

Machida will be a champ and so will Werdum.
Also you Americans are really cringey.

Not going to lie...I'm anxiously awaiting the passion, excitement, etc those "huge MMA fans" down there will have over the next few years when: Rua, Nog & AS retire, JDS loses 5 more times to Cain, there's no champs, their TUF winners do nothing significant and Erick Silva is getting beat down like a red headed stepchild by any/every ranked fighter.

Love this! So good. I feel the same. All their passion and yelling and just pathetic childish antics like wanderlei are so pathetic. Not to mention the millions of endless excuses for every loss.

Pettis embarrass Aldo? Please

it was Pettis who pulled out and magically healed.

Aldo would wreck him.

Well, If Mendes takes his belt, he would be free to move up to 155. Beat a top 10, then a top 5, and get a title shot with Pettis.

Yeah but that's just cause all the title fights are in the US. UFC is scared to make more title fights in Brazil cause it would mean more Brazilian champs.

UFC is protecting American fighters

These things go in cycles. Tune in again in about 18 months.

Its pretty crazy that the USA has all but one belt. I guess the debate over which country is better at MMA is over for a while.

Not really, the champion isn't always the best fighter in his division...funny how that works

Instinctively, I think a lot of people react to threads like these, because it's easy to perceive the observation as being racist or nationalistic, even though it was not intended as such at all, and even though there was nothing in the OP to suggest that kind of view at all. It seems to activate some kind of primal monkey response, because it feels like someone is saying the American tribe (to use the terminology of widely acclaimed socialanthropologist Joe Rogan) is superior to every other tribe in the world, because they have superior fighter genes.

For this reason, you get a lot of strange responses.
"Yeah, so what, the UFC is American"
"Yeah, so what, MMA started in America!"
etc

But I think it's fairly clear to anyone that American fighters aren't better by virtue of having been born in America or having American ancestors. The biggest common denominator is probably just wrestling. The US has done a great job of organizing that sport, letting young kids pursue wrestling as a path to a good education. Back in the day, the road stopped after amateur level, but now that the UFC is here, there's a clear path from toddler level to a professional career. Completely different from most other countries in the world, where high level martial arts is, at best, a hobby for the privileged and exceptionally dedicated.

I'm not a big fan of Putin, but I'm real happy he's a martial artist. We need another cold war to set up some amazing MMA rivalry between Russia and the US. It would be worth the risk of nuclear holocaust just to see how far MMA would evolve in such conditions.

Oops, I've gone off on a tangent.

Back